Need Help Getting The Password To Another Desktop

Posted by Alastor

We just got an HP Pavilion computer last night (With Windows XP =D), and it runs pretty smooth. Thing is, we didn't get it from a store, so it's still got stuff on there from it's previous owner. There is only one account besides the guest, and it's got the administrative powers.

We need the administrative powers, but I can't figure out any way to get the password. I can't contact the previous owner, so I need suggestions on a way to get the password to the administrative desktop by any means via Setup or a Guest account.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

hey buddy. when you start your computer up, at the blank screen where the underscore continually flashes, press F8. just to make sure, keep pressing it til u hear a beep. a couple of seconds after, a list of ways to start windows will come up. select 'safe mode' and you'll have the power to sign in as administrator. you can go to the control panel and user accounts and do what you need to, there. remove the password for the other guys username and restart. now you can log on without the guys password. pretty cool

Posted by Alastor

That did it. Thanks a ton, Jak. :D

Posted by Apathetic

:D, How fun, it will be nice hacking into a friends account when he thinks I dont know the password