MadCatz Memory Card Help

Posted by rabberflatch

Hi, i just bought a new madcatz 1019 memory cube and when i was looking through my saved data, i notice 4 blocks were occupied by Soul Caliber 2 data.. I dont even have that game and nobody has ever borrowed my memory cube... is it possible that the card was used even though it came in its original packaging? thanks a lot.

Posted by coromoro

My guess is that it was used. At any rate, you can just delete the data.

Posted by Crono

I found the same problem when I bought mine also. It doesn't have any effects on the memory card whatsoever as far as I can tell...I had some Metroid Prime data on mine, but I've never played it on my Cube. I'm not sure if they're used or they just like throwing random data on them, but my best guess would be that they are the cards that people sent back for being faulty when the Cube couldn't read the card and MadCatz repaired the card and resold it as new without clearing the data that was still on it..

Posted by loony636

I thought that having game data on your memory card was a good thing...

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

It's pre-game data. My memory card had a SCII file in it as well.

Posted by Arczu

Happens tons of times with me over different memory cards. Each time, data for a game I don't have. So I just wipe the card clean. No damage done, although one time, there was a corrupted data file. Goodness that deleted properly.

Posted by Random

Madcatz... Don't buy Madcatz... I'm not saying it's their fault but they make cruddy things. Controllers/memory cards and what not. They always manage to break on me.

Posted by project101

Ok well I havenever hasd this happen to me, but here is what you need to do go out buy another memory card transfer all your stuff then throw that one away be fore it delets all your stuff like it did mine and 3 of my friends. Mad cats is a terrible company all there products are shoty and way to fragile.