Megaman X Question...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Okay, I've read on many cheat code websites about a special thing in the first Megaman X where X can use Ken's (or Ryu's) Shuriken from Street Fighter II. I've tried following the instructions many times, and thye always have something to do with the end of Armored Armadillo's level, but I can't ever pull it off. Can someone tell me how it's done, or if it's even real?

Posted by Linko_16

If you're trying it on an emulator, it doesn't work. I don't know why not.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Nope, on the actual cartridge. But it's not just a rumor?

Any idea on how to actually do it?

Posted by Pit

It's not a rumor. It's actually real. 1) It's not the Shuriken but it's the hadoken. 2) You need everything. All hearts, all sub tanks filled, all armor, and all weapons. So complete everything cept the Sigma stages and you're good.

Simply collect 9 live (you'll need em) from the bubble bat in Armored Armadillo's stage. Towards the ending, you know, that part with the flying enemies and you're on that thing... that moves with wheels underneath (forgot the name :(). Well, at the end of the stage, before the spot where you beat armored armadillo at the top is this health filler. Grab it 3 - 6 times (forgot the actual number) and jump into that huge ditch. Just repeat the amount of times I told you and there will be a capsule, 5th one. Dr. Light will say "Here is a special present" while he's wearing Ryu's uniform. Bam, you got the hadoken.

How to perform. Down > Down Angle > Forward Y (just like in Street Fighter 2).

The good = Destroys all bosses and enemies in one move.
The bad = Can only be performed with health full (kinda like Link in LttP with the master sword).

Use it on Sigmas dog and Sigmas first form and you can finish the game very easily.

Although it sounds fake, it isn't. I think they even have an FAQ on it... maybe they'll explain it a bit better :|

Also, X has a move from streetfighter in the first 3 X games :D

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Pit: Also, X has a move from streetfighter in the first 3 X games :D

First two, X gets a spiffy set of Golden Armor in X3.

He's got the Shoryuken in X2, Hadouken in X, and nothing that resembles a Street Fighter move in X3.

Posted by Arczu

I saw someone with a .gif file where X used that thing on that dog, then Sigma. 1-hit-destruction. That move is sick.

Kinda a nice touch though.