Coolest Item

Posted by Last Fog

I think the boot from SMB3 is the greatest item ever in a mario game, hell, any game. It kicked major arse.

Posted by -Shadow-

The Tanooki suit. Very memorable.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, Kuribo's Shoe [that's the actual name of the boot] rocks, but there's no ignoring the Sledge Bros. suit. :cool: Sometimes I would spend hours playing the game just to get my hands on that suit...

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Corrupt: Yeah, Kuribo's Shoe [that's the actual name of the boot] rocks, but there's no ignoring the Sledge Bros. suit. :cool: Sometimes I would spend hours playing the game just to get my hands on that suit...

Oh yea... that was amazing... ah, memories

Posted by VicE

Hammer Bros. Suit, Kuribo's Shoe, or Tanooki Suit. Man, SMB3 had the coolest powerups... I want to see them all return someday.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

The Feather.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting VicE: Hammer Bros. Suit, Kuribo's Shoe, or Tanooki Suit. Man, SMB3 had the coolest powerups... I want to see them all return someday.

That would be amazing. Imagine a next generation mario game where all those items return. If they were that much fun back in the sidescrolling days, imagine the possibilities now.

Posted by mario64ds

fire flower, i would mow doen gombas for ever :bangbang:

Posted by Dexter

I think Fludd, the latest invention from Gadd Science, is the most enjoyable item, besides riding Yoshi. Fludd has an adorable nozzle that no plumber should be without. Rigorously squirting various objects and creatures with watery bursting dexterousness, sliding around smoothly, and hoisting oneself high into the air are just a few of the things this little gizmo can do.

And I can't neglect to mention the Frog costume.

Posted by Map42892

people love the kuribos shoe because it makes mario look more stranger than he already is. i love the tanooki suit, because i know what it's like, it's pretty darn hot in those things.

Posted by Nizmo

I like the "Boo's Crystal Ball" item from Mario Party 4. The item forges an alliance with Boo! [For a price.] It's been pretty helpful in some tight situations, too. Not against CPU, as they are ridiculously easy, but against other people.

Fire Flower is excellent aswell.

Posted by Morag2

I think the Puni Orb from Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door... it lets you draw big slugs with lights on there heads to you... lol.

Posted by Stalolin

Kuribo's Shoe: How many times do you get to ride in a shoe? I haven't seen any other game where you can ride around in a giant shoe.

Hammer Bros' Suit: Stylish black, and powerful enough to take out a Thwomp.

The Feather: Long lasting flight, especially if you can time it well and you can divebomb your enemies with it too.

Fireflower: Your saviour in the original Super Mario Bros., you can tackle almost anything with it, not even Bowser stands up to the fireflower.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

the powerflower and sledge hammer brothers suit are super items. they are all very cool and helpful. i also like the raccooon suit. its so original and crapy, but its fun.

Posted by mastachief

ummmm....how bout the mushrooms from the originals???

Posted by Project ShadowX

I like the hats from Mario 64. The ones that let him fly and turn to metal.

Posted by Tails

Mario's classic hammer, of course. It's been though a lot... bustin' barrels, konking heads, thrown, smashing, pounding things in... ahh, so great!

Posted by Fox McCloud

The mushroom. After all, it does turn you in to Super Mario.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

The mushroom. It makes you big ;).

Posted by Azure Wolf

Starman. You can run through just about everything on a mad, blinking, funky music rampage! MWAHA!

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Quoting Azure Wolf: Starman. You can run through just about everything on a mad, blinking, funky music rampage! MWAHA!

The Starman rocks but it's limited. :D You make due with the little time you have with it.

Posted by Zeta

FLUDD...

*Hides from the SMS haters*

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Takuya Kanabara: The Starman rocks but it's limited. :D You make due with the little time you have with it.

Thats true, but for that one point in time you get unlimited power!
I mean runnin' into stuff, beating crap down. it's fun as hell.