Estradasphere and Ayreon

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Own you all. Listen to samples, buy their music, and pass it on.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Ayreon just doesn't do much for me *shrug*

Posted by Trigger

I had been listening to Ayreon for some time now and I quite enjoy them. I've been looking into purchasing their albums, instead of continueing to download the tracks but the albums are far too expensive for me at the moment. They retail for about forty to fifty dollars in the stores that I have found them in and I dislike paying more than twenty to twenty-five dollars for any album. If I ever saw them cheaper though, I certainly will be purchasing them. It certainly is a style that I normally avoid because I dislike such music but Ayreon seem to been an exception with me. More particularly with the parts continaing Rage; I dislike any song that yells or screams lyrics but when I heard Rage, I was instantly in love.

Posted by netman

The first two Ayreon albums are kinda weak, but then pick the HELL UP at Into the Electric Castle and havent looked back since

Posted by Richaod

I haven't heard any Estradasphere songs, although I'll be sure to check them out in the near future.

In terms of Ayreon, I've only heard The Human Equation. I didn't consider it as groundbreaking or as musically listenable as most others, although I certainly liked it. It was probably the most overrated album of 2004; not that much really stood out, and some of it (Day 1, 12, 13 and 20 off the top of my head) was really boring.

Posted by sabre

Haven't heard anything by Estradasphere, I'd have to look into them.

Ayreon are very good, though. The Human Equation, Into The Electric Castle and Actual Fantasy (revisited) are all exceptional. Standout songs from each include Day 16: Loser, The Two Gates, and Computer Eyes respectively. I've not done all too much digging through Ayreon, but what I have heard I am impressed with.

Posted by Klarth

I've heard one track from The Human Equation (day eleven: love), and a few other songs - Sail Away to Avalon, and something the name of which I can't remember.

I hate Estradasphere with a blazing firey passionate blazing firey passion of fire.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I enjoy Ayreon's The Human Equation (and mostly) Universal Migrator Part 1. I'm not a big fan of the prog metal keyboards but the guest singers are usually fantastic, so this makes up for any annoying 'futuristic' boops-and-beeps.

As for Estradasphere, they are truly an excellent band. I bought Buck Fever this past December and loved it. "Meteorite Showers" has to be my favorite track from that album.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Abraxas: I hate Estradasphere with a blazing firey passionate blazing firey passion of fire.

Let me guess, you probably heard one or two songs that didn't suit your tastes, so you judge the band by that. Have you ever heard an entire album from start to finish? Or heard any of their live concert bootlegs?

Posted by William

Estradasphere is an alright band. I'll listen to them occassionally.

However, I love Ayreon. I'm not really into the whole "The Human Equation" album all that much, as my favorite album by them would probably have to be "The Universal Migrator Part I & II", although Part I is far superior in my opinion.

It's a very unique sound that Ayreon has, and I haven't really heard anything like it before, although it does remind me of Tiamat at times. "My House on Mars" is an example.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Philsdad: Let me guess, you probably heard one or two songs that didn't suit your tastes, so you judge the band by that. Have you ever heard an entire album from start to finish? Or heard any of their live concert bootlegs?

I just don't like their style... Sorry. It's not the sort of music I'm into, but mah.

Posted by coromoro

netman introduced me to Ayreon, and I've enjoyed everything that I've listened to by them.

As for Estradasphere, I accidentally downloaded one of their songs, and I disliked it. I might get another song or two by them, just to see if it sounds any different from what I originally heard.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Considering they ALL sound different from each other...

Posted by netman

Quoting William: Estradasphere is an alright band. I'll listen to them occassionally.

However, I love Ayreon. I'm not really into the whole "The Human Equation" album all that much, as my favorite album by them would probably have to be "The Universal Migrator Part I & II", although Part I is far superior in my opinion.

It's a very unique sound that Ayreon has, and I haven't really heard anything like it before, although it does remind me of Tiamat at times. "My House on Mars" is an example.

Probably because Johan Edlund is singing on My House on Mars :kiss: