New Sonic For Gamecube

Posted by Last Fog

[quote=cube.ign.com]Another Sonic the Hedgehog title for Nintendo's console? Better believe it. Sonic Team head Yuji Naka recently confirmed to Nintendo Official Magazine in the UK that the Hedgehog is making his triumphant return to GameCube later this year. "We are in development with a new GameCube Sonic game, which we hope to release before the end of 2005," Naka told the publication. Sadly, there are absolutely zero details to be found about the game, at least currently. But rumors around the Web indicate that it could wind up being the third installment in Sega's Sonic Adventure series. Regardless of what brand the new game falls under -- be it an existing Sonic franchise or an all-new one -- we can assume that the elements that turned the character into a super mascot will return with him: specifically, a dazzling sense of speed, roller-coaster-like 3D levels and a frantic pace that never lets up. Sega has pushed the GameCube hardware before with its games, which usually look detailed, crisp and clean while retaining a solid framerate, and we're confident this new Sonic will deliver again in that regard.

Awesome. Can't wait to see what this is all about. I hope it's like the classics, which where centered around pure fast paced platforming in gorgeous atmospheres.

[URL=http://cube.ign.com/articles/581/581995p4.html]Source[/URL]

Posted by Dexter

I am definitely looking forward to checking it out and I hope it'll be a great game, but somewhere deep down inside of me I expect it won't be. It would be pleasant if they added a new clever character in the game to give it more panache.

Posted by -Shadow-

I'm look foward to this one. I loved the other sonic adventure games, so hopefully this one will be really good as well.

Posted by Last Fog

[quote=Dexter]
I am definitely looking forward to checking it out and I hope it'll be a great game, but somewhere deep down inside of me I expect it won't be. It would be pleasant if they added a new clever character in the game to give it more panache.
Yea, I was highly dissapointed with Sonic Heroes and both of the mediocre ports of the dreamcast games. But there's still hope that Sega will shape up.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Last Fog: Yea, I was highly dissapointed with Sonic Heroes and both of the mediocre ports of the dreamcast games. But there's still hope that Sega will shape up.

They were more than ports. Sonic Dx had alot more added to it as well as Sonic Adventure 2:Battle

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Dexter: It would be pleasant if they added a new clever character in the game to give it more panache.

That's exactly what I'm hoping will not happen... Shadow was enough at first, but now there's Cream... ugh.

And yeah, I'm also really hoping that they stick to their original, winning formula... I know it's natural to be a bit pessimistic about it, but I have fairly high hopes for it. I was also disappointed with Sonic Heroes, and I really do hope that the next Sonic game is better.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: And yeah, I'm also really hoping that they stick to their original, winning formula... I know it's natural to be a bit pessimistic about it, but I have fairly high hopes for it. I was also disappointed with Sonic Heroes, and I really do hope that the next Sonic game is better.

Corrupt sumed up my feelings pretty well. Though, it'll never come close to the originals, I hope they can at least find something that works.

Posted by Ant

I'll look forward to it as I have all the Sonic games that have come out over the years. I enjoy the 3D sonics, so I will be buying this for sure when it comes out. Here's hoping for a REAL good one.

Posted by Dragon X

if this game is as bad as sonic heroes i will decapitate myself

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Dragon X: if this game is as bad as sonic heroes i will decapitate myself

RIP

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Corrupt: That's exactly what I'm hoping will not happen... Shadow was enough at first, but now there's Cream... ugh.

They were not clever.

Doesn't Amy have any cunning cousins?

Posted by Megatron

I hope I only have to play as Sonic in the next Sonic game.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

I want to know is there any news about a new sonic game. Is there one coming out and will they bring back Shadow if you got any info let me know because I can't find anything online about it.

Posted by goku262003

3 of them actually sonic DS and 2 unknown ones!
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]In reports currently circulating around the internet that seem to stem from Nintendo Official Magazine UK, Yuji Naka has confirmed the next two Sonic games are intended for launch in 2005.

Not a surprise is the idea that Sonic DS will put in an appearance, as E3 saw a tech demo featuring the character. More surprising is the announcement of a new Gamecube installment, and at present it's not been announced for any other formats (though this may be attributed to the fact that the interview was from a Nintendo magazine). No gameplay details have been confirmed for either title, so look to E3 in May for more details.

In other news, Sonic Heroes was the 6th top selling game in Europe in 2004, sharing the top ten with major names such as GTA: San Andreas (#1), Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (#5) and Halo 2 (#9). Check out the full top 20 [URL=http://www.elspa.com/about/pr/pr.asp?mode=view&t=1&id=516&ref=home]here[/URL].[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Hmm, all the more reason to get a DS eventually... pretty cool.

I'll just go ahead and merge this thread with another one, if ya don't mind...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: Doesn't Amy have any cunning cousins?

Well, in the Archie comics she has a cousin named Rob 'o' the Hedge, or something like that (Robin Hood ripoff, basically.) Of course, Sega wouldn't use Archie series characters. Although some did appear in Sonic Spinball.

Posted by Iris

I preferred Sonic Adventure 1 the most, so I hope this one's as good or better.

Posted by Darkbackward

I hope Yuji Naka finally hits a strike with this next sonic title. People are beginning to disolve, and with the uber success of the gba titles, the iron is hot and ready to be slapped.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Hopefully the chao's are back! I was disgraced that Sonic Heroes didn't have any chao gardens. The new Metal Sonic looks cool though. I can't wait for it to come out, if it's a title worth getting. God, it better not be Sonic Heroes 2.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Hyper_chao1122: Hopefully the chao's are back!

*not* back

Posted by FerreTrip

*YES* back! And with more things to do w/them. Think about it: Having the Gamecube mic be used to actually TALK to your chao! That'd be cool!! And also, I like Shadow a LOT, he's a fav character, second to Mewtwo, and Cream's only hated cuz she never gets her gloves dirty, that's all. Anyway, I was kinda dissapointed with Sonic Heroes, but I found it pretty fun still. Also, I agree, I hope they do it like they've been for years: PURE MINDLESS ACTION-PACKED ROLLER COASTER-LIKE FUN!! And I actually like the Adventure games. A lot. I mean, sure, I did it w/cheats, BUT ITS REALLY HARD YET REWARDING TO GET 180 EMBLEMS!!!

Posted by ProtomanV2

Frankly I would like to see at least 3 things happen for the new Sonic game for gamecube.

First I would like to see improved chao abilities and a way to comunicate with them.

Second I would like to see Cream the Rabbit back (or if not her the Chaotix).

And third I would like to see them put back in the old Game Gear games so you can play them all over again.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Linko_16

What do I want in a new Sonic Adventure? Let's see...

Cream the Rabbit was a bad idea. Sonic's got a highly diverse cast already, all with unique abilities, so what's the point of having a new, unremarkable character? Same goes for Big the Cat... I wasn't so bothered with it until I saw them in Sonic Heros, predicting that I'd see them again for many games to come.

I'd like it if old, favorite characters weren't RUINED in this new game. The Chaotix were given entirely different personalities in Sonic Heros, ones that I wouldn't have minded if they were brand new characters, but I'd already become attached to the ones that appeared in their original title. Metal Sonic was also unecessarily messed with; he should remain Sonic's greatest mechanical adversary because he's the one being faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. I also liked his strong silence, his emotionless efficiancy... but Sonic Heros ruined all that. He became bloodthirsty for power instead of his conventional speed qualities, and also wore a spiteful evil that just wasn't there before.

I'm quite fond of Chao, but I'm pretty lousy at getting those troublesome racing emblems in every Adventure game... I'd like to see them involved in the main game. I don't mean that there should be a standardized Chao character, like Cheese... it should be a Chao that you're able to create and customize, perhaps in the same way as before or just with an appearance editor, and then that Chao is worked into the game. Far-fetched, perhaps, but it'd make my day.

I disliked Shadow for many reasons, partly because he replaced Metal Sonic as a darkside to Sonic the Hedgehog or partly because everyone obsessed over him just for being a bad-a[color=indigo]s
s, but it looks like my hopes of his one-game reign are kaput. Now I'd just like it if he didn't upstage Tails or Knuckles so much.

Both Sonic Adventure games had great plots, and I'd like to see a return of that in Sonic Adventure 3... the plot of Sonic Heros was terrible.
[/color]

Posted by Darkbackward

Yall are wrong on big the cat. Sonic adventure Big the Cat was awesome, don't you ever diss the cat who can't find his frog.

Sonic Adventure was awesome because it involved every major character (sonic, tails, knuckles, amy, eggman) and added two new characters who were weird and had distinct styles of gameplay (big the cat, E-102 Gamma). I liked the first sonic adventure because you could play as sonic for as long as you wanted and you could unlock characters as you progressed. Every character had its own distinct style of gameplay as well, sonic's speed, knuckle's ferocity, tail's gayness, amy's cuteness, big's pimpness, and gamma's destructiveness. I liked the fact that it played more like an adventure than a linear game.

Sonic adventure 1 was so awesome to me, I was so dissapointed when the mid level exploration ended with Sonic Adventure 2.

Truth be told I didn't like shadow all that much, I hated rogue the bat, and I didn't like any one of the new character additions such as creme or that freaky team dark character that was an E-102 wannabe.

For me, I miss uber cool sonic with his closet homo friend who could fly, and his hate/friend and hate/love relationship with knuckles and amy respectably. I miss metal sonic (sonic heroes metal sonic was bleh) and I miss robotnik (eggman, wtf?).

If they had those guys with inclusions limited to big the cat, e-102, and shadow. Then I would be tremendously happy.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Big the Cat wasn't all that great. If they must make a new character, hopefully it'll replace Dr. Eggman or Rouge the Bat or someone like that. I'm not that fond of the Dark characters, with the exception of Shadow or Metal Sonic. Maybe Eggman gets kidnapped by a power-hungry chao and the Heroes must save him. Who knows! We'll have to see when it comes out. But there better be chao gardens with new features in it! Chao's are the best when it comes to the Sonic games, especially the Chaos chao and Shadow chao. :shadow:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Rocked!! :sonic:

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Hyper_chao1122]If they must make a new character, hopefully it'll replace Dr. Eggman...

Replace him as an enemy? Sure, I'd like to see that. Replace him in the game entirely? No way! He actually makes for a great playable character, as they can always stick him in a different machine for a new kind of gameplay.

[QUOTE=Darkbackward]... Every character had its own distinct style of gameplay as well... I liked the fact that it played more like an adventure than a linear game.

Sonic adventure 1 was so awesome to me, I was so dissapointed when the mid level exploration ended with Sonic Adventure 2.

The unique game styles are one thing I really like about the Adventure series, but it got very frustrating to play the same story over again six times in Sonic Adventure. It was a big improvement to have the storylines intigrated into one another for Sonic Adventure 2, playing each character's level as it comes in the plot and only splitting it two ways. Losing the Adventure field was a sacrifice, but under the circumstances, I think it was worth it.

[quote=Darkbackward]...that freaky team dark character that was an E-102 wannabe.
...and I miss robotnik (eggman, wtf?).

Eggman and Robotnik are the same character. At the start of the Adventure series, Sega chose to make a not-so-subtle switch to Robotnik's Japanese name. Want proof? Look for the name "Eggman" printed on the side of the ship in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the Flying Fortress Zone. It was probably bad form to name his grandfather "Robotnik" so soon, 'cause that just made it more confusing.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Corrupt: Hmm, all the more reason to get a DS eventually... pretty cool.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
You may do as my friend is going to do and wait until the new ones come out.

I can't wait for a great Sonic game to come out for the DS. It's one of the things I have been waiting for this whole time.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Arczu

Somethings I want to see in this new Sonic game:

No more falling through loops. Seriously, why is it that the critical players loose a life because they happened to step on a tile of the ramp that was missing?

Remove the underlined unit(s) from the timer: 0:00:00. I'm pretty sure that unless an incredible mission calls for it, we ARE NOT going to spend an hour in a level! Let's get back to the old days where some stages could be cleared in under a minute. Those were fun levels.

Remove the underlined units from the score counter: 000000000. OR, remove leading zeroes. Believe it or not, some people find it very annoying that they have zero-hundred million zero-hundred and thirty-two-thousand two-hundred and fifty points. Why have them there if you can't get a score that high?

Control: I find that in the 3-D Sonic games, it's really hard to run at the proper angle sometimes. The turning is to sudden in some cases. Ring collectors will probably be annoyed that they keep darting left and right just out of the way of some in-line collectibles.

I might go on, but these stand out.

Posted by Prince Redon

If this Sonic game is another let down I may stop playing the new Sonics, and just stick with the old school Sega Genesis ones. There may be another Sonic game released that is good, but I don't beleive any will ever beat the originals.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: There may be another Sonic game released that is good, but I don't beleive any will ever beat the originals.

As long as they continue with 3D, they'll never be better than the originals.

Posted by FerreTrip

Gah...I always hear from at least ONE person a 3D Sonic game sucked. Pick a 3D Sonic game, someone says it sucks. And, personally, I think Cream's cute (NO, NOT AS IN GIRLFRIEND CUTE!! I HAVE A LIFE(and I'm not intrested in women that way yet)!!) and the reason she's so cheap is becasue the Sonic games are, for ametures, a real challenge. Some people are not used to the blinding speed the games have, as well as the TONS of enemies popping all over, and so that's why Cheese was created. He just glomps enemies that beginners can't get the cool way, as in jump or roll.
Anyway, I think Big was a nice character. Too many people critique him badly, prolly because of the way he talks. Personally, I wouldn't want to insult him in front of his face. That looks like one mean fishing rod, and if he can pick up cars like they were nothing...
ANYWAY!! Back on topic! What I'm saying is, HAVE AN OPEN MIND. If Sega didn't have some ideas that they thought would do well, they prolly wouldn't do them. They want to make the games like this becasue they want to try something new, too. I mean, seriously, they must be bored out of their skulls with making the same kinds of levels and only adding in bits of gameplay that will always get flamed by at least a hundred people. So, they make these 3D games with a unique twist each time because they want to do something new, and let their ideas flow free. They listened to the public, who said to screw the new kinds of stages, like from SA2, and stick to the old thing. What was the result? Sonic Heroes. It was an okay game, but not their best. I agree, the plot SUCKED ***. Well, it did! But everyone prolly wanted a new game SOOOO bad, they pulled a Wind Waker, as in being under too much pressure to finish it that they didn't do as much to it as they are able to do.
As for the people who don't especially like Shadow, the reason they made him was prolly so that they could let more story ideas flow, you know, make a more developed character. Knux is the only truly developed character. You learn a bit from his past, and you learn more about him and the Master Emerald. Knux has the Master, and Shadow, with Chaos Control, has the Chaos Emeralds. They both are developed, and I now realize why: They supply plot device back-up! That, my friends, is ALWAYS GOOD for writers! WRITER'S BLOCK IS NOT FUN!! It's always good to fall back on an old device and do something new. However, like the old games, it gets kinda boring. Only Mario has been able to stick with one plot for about the entire life of the series and still kick ***. Now, I'm gonna end my rant. BUH-BYE!!