Brand new arcade...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Well, I'm opening up my own arcade, since Namco is shutting down the Aladdin's Castle that I currently manage for them. It just wasn't profitable the way they ran it anymore, I guess. Myself, I'll be stacking this arcade up fatter'n biscuits. I'll post pictures soon, but here's the game list I've got in mind:

Air Hockey
Arcade Classics (Centipede, Joust, Defender, etc.)
Brave Firefighteres
Confidential Mission
Crisis Zone
Cruisn' World
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Dance Dance Revolution Max2
Donkey Kong
Fast and the Furious
Foosball
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
House of the Dead II
Initial D V.3
Need For Speed
Mario Kart GP
Medieval Madness Pinball
Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga
Prize Cranes
Rush 2049
Silent Scope II
Snack & Soda Machines
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III (please God, let them release it in arcades)
Stargate Pinball
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
Star Wars Pinball
Super Mario Brothers Pinball
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Time Crisis III
Tokyo Cop
Tokyo Wars
Wartran Troopers

I might not have all of these games right off the bat, but I'll get them all by the end of the summer (except for Mario Kart, which comes out in the Fall). My arcade will be located at the Northeast entrance of Regency Mall in Racine, Wisconsin. 5564 Durand Ave. is the street address of the mall. The name of the place will simply be "Paul's Video Arcade." I hope some of you will stop by if you're ever in the area.

Posted by Ix3.14xI

that looks good.

but you should seriously put in

Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and Capcom vs. snk 2 .

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Have fun!

Well, at least you'll have a decent arcade near you, the most decent one around me is at Hershey Park! (which is only a few miles from me.) All arcades near me except that one have either sucky games or just...suck!

I want to put Street Fighter Anniversary Collection in, as well. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 never did very well at my location, but if I can find cheap ones, I'll pick up tons of old fighters. I'll be looking out for Killer Instinct and such on ebay, for sure.

The main problem with basketball games is that they dispense tickets. I won't have any ticket-dispensing games or prizes for them. I don't know how popular a basketball game would be without tickets, but I do know that the one we originally had in Aladdin's Castle broke down too often. No thanks.

Posted by Klarth

That sounds absolutely fantastic. I've never heard of someone running their own arcade, but it should hopefully be a great commercial venture / fun thing to do.

You need Time Crisis II there, in my opinion. I wasn't too fond of the latest instalment. :/

Namco recently sent me a Time Crisis 2 that needed some fixing (trying to get their money's worth out of me before closing down my location!). I made the basic repairs, but the cabinet graphics and such are in pretty crappy shape. That one's destined for a movie theatre or hotel, no doubt. I'm looking forward to getting Wartran Troopers, the sequel to Konami's popular Warzaid shooter. 4-player, 50" monitor, shotgun goodness.

Posted by Speedfreak

NO METAL SLUG!?

No. No Metal Slug. Unless I can find a cheap Neo-Geo cabinet somewhere. I've got a multi-purpose cabinet that I'll be hooking Ghox, Ninja Baseball Batman, Dungeons and Dragons, Cadash, and any other random JAMMA games I pick up in from time to time, but nothing non-JAMMA for now.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

That is really awesome. I would suggest trying a MAME cabinent, which is what I used to have before it crapped out. It's great, and can hold as many games as the hard drive will allow.

Actually, I'm looking into getting a bootleg JAMMA board, which connects to the controller and AV ports of a ps2. It makes it so that the player cannot hit the Start button until 2 coins are insterted. I'll then hook it into an X-Arcade cabinet and put Soul Calibur III in it, if they don't end up releasing an arcade version of the game. I'm not sure if that's illegal or not, but I know MAME cabinets are illegal to run in commercial arcades.

As for why it's "Paul's Video Arcade," Velvet Nightmare, and not "Super Blood Death Violence House 9000" is that anyone seeing "Video Arcade" in the phonebook or All-Powerful Mall Directory will instantly know what it is. Even "Aladdin's Castle" doesn't mean much to you if you weren't paying enough attention to the industry in the 80's. "Video Arcade" means something to people, and they'll come in expecting exactly what I shall provide: The classics, the latest-and-greatest, air hockey, foosball, and pinball. My name is Paul, and it's my arcade. I could have called it "Link's Video Arcade," but that would get into copyright infringements and soforth if I wanted to use any sort of imagery associated with my favorite of video game heroes who doesn't appear in a single arcade game anyway.

Posted by Boner

I want to build an arcade....IN MY PANTS!

My grand opening was a success. Great turnout. DDR was occupied all 7 hours that we were open. My air hockey and foosball tables didn't arrive on time, but they'll be coming this week along with my pinball machines and classic games. Then it's just a few more weeks until my brand-new racers, Confidential Mission, and soda and snack machines arrive. I've gotta put Mario Kart on reserve or something.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]You should try to add House of the Dead and Street Fighter II to the library.

I would stop by and visit your store Coarse if you weren't so far away from FL. Though my best friend and i have been contemplating going a a road trip soon, so if we go through with it i'll make sure we head north, just make sure you find me a good place to sleep :D. You'll know who i am when i get there, i'll be the guy dominating the Foosball table.[/COLOR]

Posted by Creon Dragon X

Marvel VS Capcom2,metel slug4,5&6,L.A. Machine Guns and Gauntlet Legends:Dark Legacy are my fav.....oh and Silent Scope EX2...

Posted by e gamer

wuz up

Just scored a Killer Instinct 2 machine. Good stuff.

Posted by brownoystercult

be sure to also include in the parking lot a sign that says, " nintendo fans only, all others will be towed"

S.T.U.N. Runner is mine! One of my all-time favorite arcade games. I don't even care if it's popular. I got it for dirt-cheap, and I get to play it every day! Whee! I still need a good 2-player motorcycle game, though. I wonder if I can find a Cybercycles in decent shape. I don't even want to touch the crappy Sega cabinets after all of the trouble I had with Daytona USA and Indy 500 a few months back.

Target Terror Gold, Star Wars Trilogy Pinball, Super Mario Brothers Pinball, my jumbo plush toy crane, and my vending machines arrived today. Unfortunately, Mario Pinball and the crane don't work! I'm calling up the vendor who was supposed to have fixed them up before shipping them to me tomorrow, though, so hopefully it'll all be in tip-top shape by tomorrow night.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I will try and come within the next few years to play ddr :).

Posted by luigifreak01

y not cruis'n exotica, thats my favorite driving game.

Because Cruisn' World was already in my arcade, and it was dirt cheap. I don't need 2 different games in the Cruisn' series when Exotica would only pull in a small amount of money above what World does. Need for Speed Underground and Initial D will be much better investments, I think.

SapphireRose, I'm getting Street Fighter Anniversary Edition. I would love to have more 2D fighters, but they just don't perform very well at my location. I'm hoping that Street Fighter will at least make enough to pay for itself, but I know that stuff like Guilty Gear and Marvel vs Capcom would fail.

Posted by wallstreetstrangler

get "in the groove" and "in the groove 2". they are basically the next generation of DDR (or to put it bluntly, ddr on steroids. difficulty goes up to 13 feet), and are picking up where DDR left off as far as hardcore dance gamers. (it's by the makers of stepmania, and the ps2 version of itg1 is published by redoctane)

Good advice, wallstreetstrangler. I asked the DDR players, and they definitely agree with you on In The Groove. I can pick one up for relatively cheap, too.

Finally a copy of Haunted Castle went up on ebay! I'll be picking that up for my arcade, without a doubt. Right now I've got Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom in the Random-Game Cabinet. Shadow Over Mystara will go in next and then Haunted Castle!

Posted by inequity

Any chance in getting F-Zero AX?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Get Pop'n Music, if you can. I know that would generate a lot of quarters and happy people. ^_^

OR Killer Instinct

Edit: Or F-Zero AX, like the poster above me mentioned.

Killer Instinct and KI2 are already in my arcade, thanks to an old grade-school classmate of mine who owned the games and was kind enough to set up his machine in my place.

F-Zero AX, I'm afraid, is a tad past its prime. I don't think enough people would play it in my location to warrant the 12-15 grand I would pay for two of the machines.

Mario Kart, on the other hand, is a sure thing. I'll be picking up 2 of those babies as soon as they become available.

Mario Kart is arriving tomorrow!