Favorite Genesis game

Posted by Xero

I guess I better start the first one...
I know this is an old system, but If you can go back in time, what would your favorite game be?
Mine was Sonic. It was also the only game I played, but it was fun. I had a hard time going through the game. Too bad we could not use the other sonic characters too often, but the games weren't too developped... :devil:

Posted by Al Borland

Micro Machines is my favorite game. The single player mode is awesome and it's very fun to play multiplayer. Micro Machines is probably my favorite racing game of all time.

Posted by flourfag

my is sonic 2 because it rocks and it's fun and it's easy

Posted by ZEN

Landstalker
This platform-adventure game could easily be called "Zelda for the Genesis", but that would actually be putting it down. A definite must play.

Followed closely by...
M.U.S.H.A. (overhead scrolling shooter)
Star Control (pseudo-real-time space strategy)
Phantasy Star IV (RPG)

Posted by Dexter

Sonic 2 and Batman Forever.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Sonic 2 as most and Toe Jam and Earl. This game ruled!!!!!

Posted by The Nomad

Mighty MAx, Sonic, triple play 96 or Mortal Combat the 1st.

Posted by eriksson22

Streets of Rage 2 was dope. NHL 95. Sonic 2. General Chaos was a sleeper that not many people knew about...great 4 player game though.

Posted by Megatron

Shinobi 3.

Posted by Darkbackward

Hollah at Sonic.

Posted by eriksson22

Did anyone else play General Chaos? If you had the EA four-way play adapter, it was one of the sweetest four player games ever. Two people on each team, and each player controlled two guys. they had machine gunners, bazooka guys, grenade guys, dynamite guys and flamethrowers. An absolute blast. Anyone?

Posted by Map42892

this is a hard one.....

just kidding. Sonic 2!

Posted by Nevinyrral

Toe Jam and Earl, hands down.

Posted by starsavior

Mine would have to be either sonic 3 or sonic and knuckles its a tie between those two and also gunstar heroes was Awsome

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Road Rash, Toejam and Earl, or Streets of Rage 3 (was that the one with the big wrestler guy, or was that 2?)

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

I liked Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles and Golden Axe.

ah...good times, good times.

Posted by Grasin

Splatter house 2 and 3

Posted by Big Boss

Captain America & The Avengers, by Data East. The game must've been developed by Japanese folks, though, because all the characters had a certain style to them unseen in the comics. Plus, the translation sucked ***, and a couple of X-Men-only villains show up for no reason (Juggernaut and "Robot" (Sentinel)). Despite being short (only five levels long), it was challenging with limited continues. A great beat-'em-up, the Genesis version kicked the pants out of the SNES version horribly.

Close seconds would be the first X-Men and Aladdin.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Big Boss]
Close seconds would be the first X-Men and Aladdin.[/color]

I like these games too. They've been around for awhile (since they've been created i think) Its kinda of a classic.

Posted by Spinal

My Top5
1. Truxton
2. Sonic 3
3. Sonic
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic and Knuckles

Posted by Yami_Hikari

Heh.
My favourites was Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles with them combined knuckles kicked butt

Posted by Xero

Has anybody kept their genesis games? I got rid of them a while ago and their kinda rare now. Even videogame specialized shops dont have many of them.

Posted by eriksson22

yeah I agree totally, good observation. I was at a used video games store the other day and they had tons of NES, Super NES and N64 games, but almost no Genesis games.

Posted by Corrupt

In no specific order:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Road Rash
Road Rash 2
Road Rash 3
Jurassic Park: Revenge Edition (playing as a raptor was never so much fun!)
Vectorman
Bubsy II

THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by dark_zero

sonic 3 or if you count it as a different game sonic 3 and knuckles

Posted by Xero

Sonic is coming back a lot. What part of the games do you prefere the most?

Posted by Oilslick

SONIC 3. Man that game was great, way better than the first two and alot of people prefer sonic 2 to 3! dunno why cos the graphics were improved and the levels were great and sonic had a little smile on his mouth in 3! ......... and he standed cooler :) (sonic fanboy)

Posted by Granseal

My favourite sega genesis game would have to be.... hmmm... Shining Force 2. I really enjoyed the battles and the storyline, I really love the classics... haha =)

Posted by Flounder

toe jam and earl
sonic 1,2,3
NBA jams
road rash
SONIC PINBALL
streets of rage (heck any of them)
VECTOR MAN!! (dose any one rember vector man?!)

okay i cant sit here any longer...excuse me while i play vector man for 48 hours

Posted by Azusa

Vectorman 1&2.

Posted by Echo

I haven't played Genesis in a loooong time, but my favorites were Vectorman, the Sonic games, and Toe Jam and Earl. I'm getting my friend's Genesis this Saturday, though, along with a handful of games (including Sonic 1 & 2) so I'll be buying some of the better games, although some can be quite expensive for old games.

Posted by the arbitir

my favorites are
1-Shining Force(i liked this rpg)
2-Vectorman
3-Bubsy2
4-Sonic the Hedgehog
5-Sonic 2

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

My select favorites for the Genesis are:

1: Sonic the Hedgehog (1,2,3 and S&K)
2: Shinobi (I forget which ones were on the Genesis, But I do remember playing one)
3: Columns (Spent many, many hours reaching all the way up to level 38 before the speed caused my eyes to go berserk)
4: Vectorman (Just fun)
5: F-22 Interceptor (Dont really know why I loved this game so much but I used to sit and play forever and ever)

Posted by TheSpider

Toe Jam And Earl, Contra Hard Corps, Streets Of Rage 2!

(IN THAT ORDER!)

Posted by -Shadow-

I'm a huge sonic fan, so all of the sonic games are my favorites.

Nothing beats Sonic 1, I have about 20 copies of that game!

Posted by Xero

Quoting -Shadow-: I'm a huge sonic fan, so all of the sonic games are my favorites.

Nothing beats Sonic 1, I have about 20 copies of that game!

Wow, how insane! 20 copies? Where d 'you get them?

Posted by Tails

Any Sonic game combined with Sonic & Knuckles, preferably Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Posted by Xero

Yah...Sonic was probably the most popular game on genesis.

Posted by Random

My favorite was "Gunstar Heroes" Hands down.

Posted by LinksPast

EARTH WORM JIM 2!!! How can u resuts bouncing the flying dogs off a marshmellow!

Posted by Xero

Quoting LinksPast: EARTH WORM JIM 2!!! How can u resuts bouncing the flying dogs off a marshmellow!

.........I dont know the game, but I dont wanna know what its about...

Posted by Roth

There are a few games that I consider my favorite, actually. I can't pick one, cuz they all rock evenly, like a drummer on beats 2 and 4.

M.U.S.H.A.
Gain Ground
Skitchin'
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage 2

Yup.

Posted by Xero

Whats M.U.C.H.A?

Posted by Zyne

Golden Axe, Herzog Zwei, Star Control, Toejam and Earl,and Sonic I & II. All very good games.

Posted by Xero

I get the feeling we arent finish of reading Sonic :P

Posted by Raquel

Mortal Combat and Sonic, heck yes.

Posted by inequity

My favorites would have to be Dynamite heady...sonic 3...phantasy star...echo jr...and, yes, Pocahantas. I enjoyed that game greatly.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Raquel: Mortal Combat and Sonic, heck yes.

Yeah mortal combat has always been fun.

Puchahauntas I dont know...I hated the movie. Think I'd hate the game.

Too bad they dint have final fantasy yet. Thats would have been fun.

Posted by Water Adept Mia

I would defenitly say "Ristar"

He's such a cute little... whatever he is!

Posted by Xero

...Whats the game about?

Posted by Water Adept Mia

Hm, I really don't know. Something about Ristar saving his father, who's a great hero. It's on Sonic Mega Collection, so I imagine that it's made by Sonic Team...

Posted by Random

The Genesis was awesome. i bought it over the SNES. There should be a genesis thread on this forum..

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Flame ghost: Whats M.U.C.H.A?

That's 'M.U.S.H.A.' The North American release of 'Aleste' for the Mega Drive in Japan.
It's an overhead scrolling shooter with excellent graphics, sound, and music.

[url=http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/genesis/musha.htm]LOOK![/url]

Posted by Outlaw

Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Streets of Rage 2
Shinobi 3

Posted by The Punisher

Sonic and Knuckles.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Sonic & Knuckles, The Punisher, Toxic Cruesaders, Predator 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, Urban Strike, Saturday Night Slam Masters.. To name just a few.

Posted by CS Ryan

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles

Posted by Random

Zombies ate my neighbors was a kick*** game was it not? I have to say that was my favorite game back in the day when it was out. Haha not much more fun then that I tell you hwhat.

Posted by todd_freeride

coulombs was amazing. it was the forst videogame I ever played, it is really similar to tetris :P

Posted by Xero

Quoting ZEN: That's 'M.U.S.H.A.' The North American release of 'Aleste' for the Mega Drive in Japan.
It's an overhead scrolling shooter with excellent graphics, sound, and music.

[url=http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/genesis/musha.htm]LOOK![/url]

Thanx. The game looks nice. I think I missed a lot of fun there :(

Quoting SomebodyRandom: There should be a genesis thread on this forum..

Why dont you create one dude?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Flame ghost]Why dont you create one dude?

I think he means a board...

Anyways, my favorite would be NBA Jam. Seeing a guy jump 50 feet in the air whil preforming somersaults so flawless that it would make professional divers stare in awe and then slamming the basketball into the net with such force that the entire building shook never was so amusing.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: I think he means a board...

Still! Why doesn't he ask jesse?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Flame ghost]Still! Why doesn't he ask jesse?
It will never happen, also, super mods are usually the first people to ask. Finally, it's done a PM, not a thread, so we won't really ever know.

Posted by Xero

Alright. I wont care if theres one or not anyways....he can do what he wants...

Posted by theshadowfan

I'd probably say, Sonic the Hedgehog. I basically love all my Genesis games though