Here we go again you Somc fan boys

Posted by Mystic Hero

It seems now that the PSP has been released every Somc fanboy wants to pick a fight with you if you think the DS is better than the PSP. I'm in school today and this one kid starts to tell me that the PSP has a feature in which you can surf the web and do much more than just check your e-mail. Now I'm not saying the PSP sucks, yes it does seem like an excellent handheld to buy, but I just want to know why the hell would you need to do more than check your e-mail on a PSP or even use the net for more than gaming and MP3 download? I really could care less if the PSP has all these great features as everyone says it does. Wow, so you can serf the web as I hear, why do I need to do that again? And they all say that PSP rocks because it has online play. They never even took the time to think that the DS has that too. I also hear that GTA is coming out for it and you get Spider Man with it. that's all great and all, but what about us people that already have them for the home consoles? Why do we need to get a PSP just for these games that we already own? I could go home and play Spider Man 2 on a bigger screen than on a small little PSP. Yes the PSP seems great to buy and a few games I hear are good, but I really haven't found a game that has made me want to buy it real bad. Some of the games I see on it are already on bigger systems and I don't need that if I already have it on a home console. So then he tells me that the PSP is still better because it can do all this stuff. I don't need to go and by a PSP just so I can play GTA in my bed at night or outside. When I'm outside, that's the time I'm away from gaming. I would reconsider however, if PSP had titles I haven't seen on home consoles. I buy systems for gaming, not fancy little add ons. Your thoughts?

Posted by Pit

Cause Spiderman 2 and GTA on PSP aren't on home consoles? Also, WipeOut, Untold Legends, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, and other titles aren't on home consoles, as well as titles being exclusively made for the PSP.

Posted by boomstick

Somc, what is that?

I agree to some parts, the PSP has a ton of crap that is completely unneeded by me, if you're looking for an all in one media system may be another story, but I'm speaking of personally only, here.

As far as online play goes, the PSP had Wi-Fi capiblities right outta the box, the DS is getting that, it doesn't have it, yet, that's the most likely reason no one has mentioned it or compared it to PSP.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Shouldn't this belong in PSP?

Posted by KoH

Just because a few people decide that they do not need extra features does not mean that others don't find those features useful. To be frank, the mere possibility of having a web browser pushed me over the line of whether or not I should buy it. So now I have it, I'm still figuring it out, and all the features that are seemingly worthless to you are exactly what I was looking for in a handheld.

Here's some insight that might help you:

If you are going to pay a little under 300 dollars, you'd want to get the most out of your money. Hell, anybody wants that, right? Well, in comparison, the DS didn't have out-of-the-box features that the PSP had, ie, MP3 and video playback and online capabilities (with the purchase of Wipeout). So in my opinion, in comparison, the PSP tops the DS as far as out-of-the-box capabilities.

Posted by El Capitan

Another feature is that you can transfer your tivo recrdoings to the PSP as well.

Posted by brownoystercult

extra features are always neat. no need to boast about having them though. i think it's wonderful that the psp has all these capabilities. so there's really no need to think negatively of it.