I refuse to quit!

Posted by Prince Redon

;) I told you Jesse, I'm going to keep it up until you add it. I think it would be a great idea to add a Spell Checker hack to the boards. Am I alone there?

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I think we could definitely use one of those.

Posted by maian

He won't add it. Period. Anything you ask for, whether you vote for it or not, Jesse will not add. Jesse does not listen. Jesse does not care.

...On the subject at hand, yeah, it'd be a good idea. But, if you're decent enough, there's really no need.

Posted by Hyper

Most computers have word processors that spell check for you. Also, the "preview" button shows you the contents of your post before actually posting it. There are many other free spell checkers available online as well. I don't think VGC needs its own.

Posted by Prince Redon

But I just thought it would be a nice feature to have...I usually have to open a new window and go to [url]www.spellcheck.net[/url], when I am unsure about a word, but I figured it would be easier if I didn't have open a new window and we could add a new hack to VGC.

Posted by Hyper

[url]www.dictionary.com[/url] works well.

It's your friend. Take advantage of it.

Adding this would just create more lag on VGC and I know of some who will complain right away about it not being needed and such. Best to end the process here.

Posted by brownoystercult

Definitely needed something to that sort when I said a vet is a "veteranarian"

Posted by Boner

I think it would be a nice idea. Some posters here are intelligent. They just have horrible grammar. But, as others have mentioned, there are alternate ways to check your spelling. Besides, I like to pick on people for their poor grammar :)

Posted by Raptor

Oh, dear Rayg, no. No spell checker. It would help the spelling impaired knobjobs cheat a little too much, though I suppose it isn't as bad as incorporating a built-in thesaurus. "hi my name is inuyasshafan112312121

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Prince Redon: I think it would be a great idea to add a Spell Checker hack to the boards.

Um, whi woud eye ad sometheng that halps mak evere on lok mor inteligent!!??! Us tha bran of yors four onc!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Klarth

What I was going to say has already been said. Even so, anyone competent to type in "vgchat.com" should have enough brain cells to spell with the coherency of a ten-year-old.

But it doesn't quite work that way. I say let them misspell everything.

Posted by Corrupt

Having Jesse refuse your request pretty much seals the deal, you know? So, with that said...

lokced

whoops i mean locked

Posted by Raptor

this didn't need to be locked

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I was debating that for a little while, actually.

If you wish to unlock the thread, go right ahead.

Edit: I re-opened the thread. Mmyep, now I've learned my lesson: Never let the weird meandering decisions that occur when you're half-asleep affect your judgement. Thank you, and good night.

Posted by Jesse Smith

pze noo lok thrades!! Wee ned wors!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by loony636

I think the spell checker would be a good idea. But, if you have Mozilla Firefox, you can download a spell checker extension that allows you to check the spelling in your posts, without hacking the boards.

Posted by Raptor

I think it would be great if we could install a hack that filters out all miserable attempts to feign insanity.

Posted by loony636

Lol, not. Great, I try to advertise my blog and I get cut down.

Posted by Iris

Eh, I usually skip over posts I can hardly read.

Posted by Buneasta

Good for you.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Prince Redon][color=deepskyblue]:

We could, I'm sure, but it will not happen. Try to get around it plz k thx :-*