NCAA Basketball

Posted by Cloudstud

I know we have an ACC overrated thread.... But i wanted to make an all purpose NCAA basketball thread. Anything and everything College basketball i would love to argue and hear your opinion.

Ill go ahead and start it off. Im a little dissapointed in the Dukies for losing to WF last night but im still impressed with the strength of the acc. I think Duke, UNC, WF, and Maryland all have very realistic elite 8 potential. I know its barely possible but i would LOVE to see an all ACC final four *crosses fingers*.

Posted by Axis

Im more of a Big 12 person. Oklahoma State played Kansas last night and won by 20. The Oklahoma Sooners barely nabbed a win over Texas A&M as well.

In the ACC, home court is everything and it comes down to who wins the most road games.

Posted by Mixhael

Watching Pac10 basketball is pure excitement. Right now Washington and Arizona are ranked in the top 15, but I had high hopes for UCLA getting into the tournament since I went to highschool with Lorenzo Mata.

Posted by Cloudstud

Duke Carolina plays tonight the best rivalry in all of college sports! Dont believe me just ask Dickie V "Its awsome baby!!!"

Duke and carolina will face off tonight for not only bragging rights but for the first seed in the acc. Its going to be a heated game and both teams ALWAYS come to kill the other. Cant wait. 6 eastern time tonight the 9th.

Posted by Cloudstud

Duke Vs. UNC baby. The best rivalry in college sports. Yes thats right i said it college sports. Not college basketball, but the best of all college sports. Dont believe me just ask Mr. Dickie V. He will tell you "Its awsome baby". There is a lack of diaper dandies in this one but be sure dickie v will be there. The game will air tonight on espn at 6 eastern. If you miss it, thats your loss and i feel sorry for you. Even if your not an acc or even basketball fan its one of the greatest college sports games ever played.

Posted by Cloudstud

Um.... im sorry if i double posted but my posts are not showing up on my computer......

Posted by Cloudstud

Its over and the verdict is in DUKE UPSETS UNC in heated rivarly game. Duke pull off the 1 point victory over a supposedly much better team. If you playing at cameron indoor stadium you better bring your a game. If you dont come to play duke will put the hurt on you. Just as they did to UNC. To be the best you have to beat the best. And alot of people were saying that unc were the best. Illinois is lukcy they dont have to play the acc or they would be in a world of trouble. I predict that Illinois might make it to the final four but they wont win it. Why you say........ Because they dont play the big teams that they will have to beat in the tourney. Lack of schedule strength is going to kill illinois in the long run.

Posted by Iron Man

I'm a big TarHeels fan, my favorite player is Marvin Williams, the kid is just amazing at what he does, and is going to be a stellar player in the NBA.

Posted by Mixhael

March Madness is just around the corner!!! 3 Huge upsets happened today, the best probably being Florida over Kentucky, but Ohio State upset Illinois and Missouri took out Kansas as well. Excitement o' plenty

Posted by Raging Gamer

I am a Big East fan, and a fan of my favorite hometown college, BC. They an awesome season this year, too bad it is the last season that they will be in the Big East. But next year, they will be playing some really good teams such as Duke and NC.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Cloudstud: I know we have an ACC overrated thread.... But i wanted to make an all purpose NCAA basketball thread. Anything and everything College basketball i would love to argue and hear your opinion.

Ill go ahead and start it off. Im a little dissapointed in the Dukies for losing to WF last night but im still impressed with the strength of the acc. I think Duke, UNC, WF, and Maryland all have very realistic elite 8 potential. I know its barely possible but i would LOVE to see an all ACC final four *crosses fingers*.

You better take maryland off your elite 8 bracket. They will be crucified in the first round, they are a horrible team. They beat the devils because they match up nicely with them, but duke is much more flexible than the terrapins, thus making them a real threat in march. An all ACC final four is impossible. The ACC has maybe 6 teams going into the tournament, all 6 would have to win an enormous amount of games to reach the final four, not to mention the fact that acc teams would probably play each other before the final four, which means that even if there were 4 elite 8 teams, they would at least have one game together (probably more than that) which would only leave room for a maximum of 3 teams. So keep dreaming, an all acc final four will not happen.

Since acc seems to be the soup du jour I'll tell who deserves to be in and out. First off, nc state and maryland have done nothing impressive. Sure, maryland swept duke, but they lost to clemson. NC state had this great pre conference record yet somehow they managed to lose to washington and west virginia? I say kick em out, they aren't going anywhere in march, and everyone knows it. The real deal is with the big 3, duke, unc, and wake forest. All 3 have a realistic shot of claiming the ncaa title, moreso than any conference in my opinion (although I think none will do it, because illinois was simply stellar this season, but If unc takes the acc, then i'll go with unc as my number 2 and possibly winner of the tournament). The only two teams who deserve shots in the acc are the *cough* former big east team *cough* virginia tech hokies. After this team had a horrible pre conference they managed to punch teams in the mouth in the "toughest" conference in america. Making them a villanova type threat in march. Georgia Tech also deserves a shot, they made it to the four last year, and they took it to wake forest. Georgia Tech deserves in. As for a sixth team? I suspect maryland or nc state will get it, but they don't deserve it, I would much rather see some mid majors take the crown over those two undeserving teams.

Big east, as you all know, is my hardest conference. Besides leading the acc 6-3, the big east has captured the title the last two years in a row, with NO flukes. Uconn and Villanova are impressive this year, I can see those two teams making it to the elite eight. Boston College, after some dismal losses, still has a chance to reach the 8. Unfortunately, even though I think it's the toughest conference, I don't see as many title contenders as I do in the acc. Syracuse, which is the team I will pull for (as with the rebels, currently a 4 seed in the mwc tournament) march hasn't really beaten anyone. They have alot to prove, and more to lose. The same can be said for pittsburgh, a good team with good wins but not neccassarily a threat. Had boston college managed to stay undefeated, then I would put more hope into the big east, but as of now, I gotta go with bc, villanova, and uconn going to the elite 8.

Posted by El Capitan

Texas...just keep truckin'. I suspect a seed rising after there thrilling win over Oklahoma State. Everyone is going to underestimate the horns without big man, Lamarcus Aldrige, and powerhouse, Pj Tucker. The Longhorns have some key players that should pull them to a victory.

Daniel Gibson- Not afraid to shoot the ball has the same stlye as Alumni, Tj Ford.

Brad Buckman- The PF isn't afraid to put numbers especially against his last game with 27 Points and 10+ rebounds.

Mike Williams- a top recruit in basketball, can backup Buckman.

Jason Klotz- solid player that does nothing wrong. He had a slump in the middle of the season but he's back to his oldself

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Ive been very disappointed with Oklahoma State's performance towards the end of the season. I would agree that Texas is a good team, they've just had an off season without P.J. Tucker.

I was just watching ESPN and I saw West Virginia take out Boston College, how about that?
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Raging Gamer

Quoting Dyers Eve: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]

I was just watching ESPN and I saw West Virginia take out Boston College, how about that?
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Lets not talk about that :(.

Posted by Iron Man

How about that UNC game, man I got scared for a second, the 'Heels were getting it handed to them at first.

Posted by Darkbackward

The tar heels and sooners and eagles and utes were all attacked by some good dog's day teams. Kudos to UNC and OU and UU for sticking it out, BC should now be considered a 4 seed for their loss.

But more importantly, kudos to clemson and missouri and west virginia and las vegas (especially), and good luck in the NITS and ncaa and conference championships.

*note: Syracuse is playing west virginia in the Big East championship, this means NO good luck to west virginia :bangbang: .

Also, take a look at Davidsons schedule. With the big east and acc losing teams left and right, I believe that Davidson should get in. They played at missouri and won as well as playing at Duke with a good loss. They also massacred their conference save for the championship. With Maryland, Notre Dame, and Georgetown pretty much out, I think their should be a good consideration for Davidson. I think they have upset capability.

Also, with all those 1 seeds being tested to the max, the only team that managed to perform the way they were supposed to was illinois over northwestern. Congratulations to them for being the first truly convincing 1 seed (next to arizona) and *** Bless Coach Weber as his mom passed away. She seemed like a nice woman, and frankly, watching basketball from the sky is probably alot better than listening to biased journalists yapping about their alma mater's greatness while constantly taking away credit from teams and incorrectly calling fouls.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Darkbackward: The tar heels and sooners and eagles and utes were all attacked by some good dog's day teams. Kudos to UNC and OU and UU for sticking it out, BC should now be considered a 4 seed for their loss.
Not so fast my friend. Boston College I think will be no lower than a number 3 seed. They've gotten many wins throughout the year but with this latest slump this what will get them the number 3.

[quote]But more importantly, kudos to clemson and missouri and west virginia and las vegas (especially), and good luck in the NITS and ncaa and conference championships.
West Virginia will be in the NCAA, not the NIT.

[quote]*note: Syracuse is playing west virginia in the Big East championship, this means NO good luck to west virginia :bangbang: .

This is the number 1 game to watch today, besides the Oklahoma State and Kansas game.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Dyers Eve: Not so fast my friend. Boston College I think will be no lower than a number 3 seed. They've gotten many wins throughout the year but with this latest slump this what will get them the number 3.

West Virginia will be in the NCAA, not the NIT.

This is the number 1 game to watch today, besides the Oklahoma State and Kansas game.

Boston College failed on it's last 10 games application, they don't deserve a 3 seed over a (if) victorious syracuse.

I said all those things applying to all who it applied. For UNLV and Missouri and clemson it means the the NIT. I also said good luck to the ncaas if you read my post, that was for west virginia, you should've picked up on that. Next time read my post, newb :mad: . Hehe.

Any syracuse game takes precedence over any game period, with the exception of unlv games.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Oklahoma State beats Kansas in the semifinals!!! Woo Woo![/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Iron Man

Not suprised, Kansas kinda sucks now.

Posted by Darkbackward

Once Kansas Gets Wayne Simien they will be unstoppable.

Yes, UNC eliminated.

ZIIIIIIIING. Another one bites the dust. It's march boys, and losers better find some solace.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Oklahoma State Big 12 Champs! Woot![/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by MetalVox~55

Illini, people. Illini