Anyone ever hit that point where it "gets old"?

Posted by Landon

I'm hovering at the 400 cart mark- bagged most of the grails (short of Stadium Events, the Panesians and NWC) and I just can't explain it, but i'm really bored with them all now.
I think ebay just made it "too easy".

They all look really cool on the Ikea shelves with the LCD TV setup in the game room, but I think i'm just totally burnt on collecting.
Anyone else?

Posted by Dexter

I fear that I may one day reach such a place. Right now, however, I am enjoying the slowly progressing hunt and adventure. By the time I reach the point where I start using ebay, I feel some of the adventure will decrease, unfortunately. Although, I'm sure I will always be able to admire my game collection, as I already do, and, of course, I frequently play the games, so I don't believe I'll ever reach a point where I'd look back and say "What was I thinking?" Also, there is a part of me that is looking forward to getting to towards the position where I have so many games that it is difficult to discover new ones. That may take away some of the adventure, but it will also add to the adventure, making the gaining of a new game feel more worked for, in a certain sense. I am looking forward to the time when I finally give in and start getting games on ebay, but I don

Posted by Arczu

For me, I would just be happy to have all the titles that I wanted. I'm probably not going to be a game collector, but I will scoop up all the really good games out there.

To have so manny games... yeah, I think that would be harsh. Everytime you want to pull one out, you might have to watch out because the stack is so high it could tumble and... aie! But in general, you might be interested in one game for awhile, but move into the next one that gets your attention.

Posted by Dexter

The more games I get, the more choices I have when I feel like playing games. There are still many NES games out there that I hope to add to my collection someday, not just simply for adding them into my collecting, but because I actually enjoy playing these games. I don't like calling myself an NES collector because I don't feel as though I get these games simply to collect them. I enjoy playing them. Getting a new, unknown game is an adventure. When I first got Lode Runner, I didn't know what to expect, and I got quite the satisfying surprise.

Posted by neonmole

Quoting Dexter: The more games I get, the more choices I have when I feel like playing games. There are still many NES games out there that I hope to add to my collection someday, not just simply for adding them into my collecting, but because I actually enjoy playing these games. I don't like calling myself an NES collector because I don't feel as though I get these games simply to collect them. I enjoy playing them. Getting a new, unknown game is an adventure. When I first got Lode Runner, I didn't know what to expect, and I got quite the satisfying surprise.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Dexter, if you bought a NES game and played and and found that you didn't like it would you still keep it?[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Absolutely. I have done so many times in the past. In fact, the first time it happened was with that Taboo game, but a year later I played it again and I actually found it quite interesting, in a bizarre sort of way. I was glad I had it in my collection. I wrote a thread entirely dedicated to the game sometime ago. So even if I don't like it at first, I may later on in life enjoy it more, perhaps when I play it more and get used to it. This has happened with a few other games, as well. Although, there are games that I didn't like when I got them and still don't like, such as Dirty Harry and Star Trek. Those games just don't interest me. I got a game the other day, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego, and I didn't understand it that well. I have a feeling I won't get into that game, but I'm still glad I have it within my collection.

Posted by Momentum

There's always the chance of getting burned out in whatever you do, but I don't think I ever will in regards to collecting. I'm near 190 now, and even though eBay is now around, NES games will do nothing but get less common and more expensive. I still think the hunt will still be a challenge for a while, and I will retain interest for a long time.

Later

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]They don't sell many NES games in the shops where I live and the ones they do sell are really expensive. So if I were to start collecing NES games I would have to get them from ebay or somewhere.[/COLOR]