Mew Mew Power

Posted by Akari

I made this thread already, but it dissapeared. Well, who likes this show?

Posted by NightmareBassX

I think its funny and weird at the same time, I don't like it too much but it reminds me of Sailor moon, When I was little I loved that show.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

If you are talking about pokemon, then this thread didn't dissapear. Everything relating to pokemon goes to the pokemon section of the site. Even the pokemon anime.

If it isn't pokemon, then I have no ****ing clue as to what Mew Mew Power is.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Im pretty sure its on at 8:00 in the morning on fox saturdays.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

i just saw what it was o_o... it looks terrifying

Posted by Kiyoshi

its funny and wreid at the same time.and it does look as if the writers got an idea or two from sailor moon.call me crazy but i still like sailor moon.but anyway ive seen one episode and it doesn't look to bad.buut thats just me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If what I've seen on Fox is the actually show, I think it's *** awful. Why they keep making shows like this is beyond me.

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Vampiro: If what I've seen on Fox is the actually show, I think it's *** awful. Why they keep making shows like this is beyond me.

Oh come now, don't be silly, these are American Saturday morning cartoons we're talking about, of course it's been edited like hell. *** forbid we actually show a direct translation of the original Japanese version to an American audience. Editors have to change basically EVERYTHING about the anime before it's ready for an American release, first they have to crapify the beginning and ending themes, then they have to change the character's names, remove every single refrence to Japan or Japanese culture, and then we have to change the story so that American children (who are, apparently, complete and utter retards) can understand it better. The end result is usually a brilliant drawn picture that a child with a crayon got a hold of; you can tell something good was there in the beginning, but it's been ruined to the point where it's beauty and meaning is gone.
Mew Mew Power? Don't make me laugh, it's simply far too Americanized for my tastes.

Posted by Arczu

It was originally "Tokyo Mew Mew" or something like that. From what I hear, this is an extreme case of heavily editing a series.

I have seen this on FoxB-- no, no... now it's "4Kids". I honestly don't know what to think of this one. It certainly has it's own take on the Sailor Moon theme (namely having only one special attack ONLY). In fact, that's my problem with shows like this. The main characters usually always depend on their single attack. Then when it doesn't work, they have to hit the enemy with it when the enemy is down, or wait to get stronger. It would be nice is half the time, They would try to bash the enemy with normal attacks or something original (I'm only saying this out of what I have seen).

Even with this, I still managed to laugh a few times. The job may be horrible, but never underestimate the ability to laugh (even if the reason varies between an actual joke or a horrible transition...)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Aida disagrees: well i guess you cant apreciate the small funny things in life.

Whoa. lol.

I can appreciate a good cartoon show. What I can't apprecaite is this **** they shovel out to little kids on Saturday morning knowing full well it's sucking the life out of every seven year old that watches it. I'm sorry, it's a bad show. Along the lines of Bayblade and that new monset anime cartoon. They're all awful.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: What I can't apprecaite is this **** they shovel out to little kids on Saturday morning knowing full well it's sucking the life out of every seven year old that watches it.

I feel the same way, I'm ****ed because so many of those shows are too simplistic and bring nothing unique to the table. Then again, they're not exactly geared towards an 18+ audience, but I still like to watch a (non-cartoon network) cartoon every now and then. I say non-cartoon network because I leave it on there (and don't change it) whenever I'm at home. Since I've been working so much, I haven't gotten to watch Teen Titans in a while. I don't have any idea why I like the show, but I do know I miss the first couple of seasons of Digimon so much. :(

I've never seen this show, so I can't comment on it.

Posted by Caryatid

Quoting Vampiro: If what I've seen on Fox is the actually show, I think it's *** awful. Why they keep making shows like this is beyond me.

Huzzah. I've read the manga-what a terrible storyline, complete with terrible characters to match.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

My sister wakes up at 8am and watches this piece of crap. I watch it once in a while since i have to get up for bowling on saterdays. This show is full of plot holes unexplained events and unreasonable villans. For example if they turn a bunch of animals in to monsters. Why don't they just make a bunch of them to attack at once instead of one at a time? Also my sisters said she read the manga and it was better so that got my thinking maybe the japanese ersion is better to. Well it was ... sort of. The voice overs where better but not much changed other than the names. Basicly at first they where named after fruit. except Ichigo the cat one. but even the her name means strawberry. so I came to the conclusion I'm not going to watch it unless i'm forced into it.

Posted by Ami

I've seen an episode. It was kinda funny. I liked it.

Posted by Dragon X

it's okay but i like the manga better

Posted by Max Mouse

I seen one or two episodes. I never liked Sailormoon so i don't like this wannabe show either.

Posted by Blade Weaver

Tokyo Mew Mew/ Mew Mew Power is a definate shojo but i've seen it a few times
I kind of like it, but the plot is kind of lame, so I stopped

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I've seen previews for the manga which look pretty cool but I haven't read or seen it myself.

Posted by Jason Asakura

There's a manga for this show?!

Posted by Dragon X

this show is kind of like a cheap and crappy version of sailormoon

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Quoting Jason Asakura: There's a manga for this show?!

I believe it is called Tokyo Mew Mew. Not sure, will have to look for ad again.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I was looking for it online and found it.

http://www.justmanga.com/browse.cfm?anime=Tokyo%20Mew%20Mew

I don't think I will be getting it.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

the manga is better than the show hands down. Mostly becuase I don't have to hear then say the same thing and see them do the same thing everytime they attack.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Quoting Max Mouse: I seen one or two episodes. I never liked Sailormoon so i don't like this wannabe show either.

I would rather choose MewMew over Sailormoon. When I first saw this show, I told myself it was a wannabe Sailormoon show. The MewMew's transformations, powers, weapons, and the floating, helping, cat thing is some what identical to Sailormoon's sailor scouts.