EMERRADUUU!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'm surprised no-one's made this thread yet... who's got Emerald, and what do you think? I'm umming and ahhing about getting it on import, or whether I should wait and get it when I come over to the US in July...

Posted by Mystic Hero

I got an E-mail form Nintendo about it. I really don't care much. I'll eventually buy it, just not now.

Posted by Average n00b

I've got it, it's kinda the same in Hoenn, the same pokemon but a different plot. There's not much difference, but it's cool. Is there any new pokemon?

Posted by Cold Mind

I've got it too but in a japanese version wich I don't much understand but it's okay because I've played Ruby and Sapphire also and so I knew what to do. The best in Emerald is that you can catch all the legendary Pokemon.(Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza(I don't know if you can catch also both Latios and Latias but I'll check it later)). There are also some new places where I actually don't know what you do, because of the japanese, but it has got something to do with battles(Like Battle Tower in Fire red and Leaf Green). Now I'm waiting for the US or the EUR version so I learn more.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

ha, i enetered a contest on pxg to win one of the copies of the game. i doubt i'll win, but nontheless, i'am stil looking forward to the game. looking good.

Wow, you just reminded me - I won a copy of Ruby a while ago.

I'd completely forgotten that.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I just read an article that Mew is catchable at level 30 in Emerald from Serebii.net. That's a fairly reliable site, and I do believe it's possible. Both Kyogre and Groudon are catchable, and I believe Rayquaza is, as well.

Posted by Dark

I'm going to get it Monday because I asked my friend to buy it for me. I read the guide- there's a lot of new features and tweaks, such as: Match Call (like phone system in GS), Battle Frontier, fight Aqua and Magma, some new moves, etc etc.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

new moves? that wil be something to look forward to, not frogtting the storyline of corse. i'll just have to wait a little longer unless that contest puls up.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yeah Emerald has tons of new add-ins such as bringing back the cell phone idea and the moving Pokemon idea they had in Crystal. I hear you can also re-challenge gym leaders and pick whether you want to catch Latios or Latias.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Ah, it's about time you can re-challenge gym leaders... and it's good that they brought back the moving Pok

Posted by Dark

You can re-challenge gym leaders through the phone system thing.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

do you know if their pokemon will have increased in levels like in the previous phone idea? or will they still be the same?

Should've thought they'll increase. I mean, they always have done, even with the Nav and the... other thing... in FR/LG. Why can't I remember what it's called?