Love and Hate The DS

Posted by NightmareBassX

Alright, Like myself, some of you own a Nintendo DS. Now I would like to know, What you Love about the DS, And what you hate about it. You dont have to own a DS to respond to this thread so go ahead. Just dont post any fanboyish crap like "THE PSP RULES ALL" or "The DS sucks compared to psp and any sony product" please. Now Ill start I guess.
[COLOR=Blue]
Love
[/COLOR]
I like how the Ds is all inovating and is not the same old Good graphics, I like how its different then any other, I do like good graphics but what is that compared to gameplay and fun. The touch screen provides a new way of gameplay IMO.
[COLOR=Blue]
Hate [/COLOR]
I really like the DS and I don't hate these But I don't like them,But One thing I don't like about the DS is that the games they come out with dont fully use the capabilities for the DS. Don't get me wrong, the games are great, Like mario 64ds, feel the magic, and polarium. But I think (key word) that the DS can do better, And I wish it came out with a better selection of games.

[COLOR=Blue]Overall rating
[/COLOR] - 9/10.0

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I kinda agree, but only Nintendo seems to really 'get' the DS. Everyone else is either developing titles that only use the touch screen, or just use it like a conventional GameBoy. Nintendo have some that do both and do it well, whereas games like Asphalt GT just don't seem to work...

Posted by NightmareBassX

Explain what you mean on the Asphalt GT comment, I have never played the game myself.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Basically the control is rubbish. It uses the touch screen when it doesn't have to. Maybe my point's better illustrated by Tiger Woods Golf - the golf swing system was perfected with buttons, and the touch screen doesn't work for it.

Then again, games like Polarium, Wario Ware or Electroplankton simply wouldn't be possible on a button interface.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Pretty much, they all need the touch screen to play the game, using buttons would be nearly impossible to pull off.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Wings: Basically the control is rubbish. It uses the touch screen when it doesn't have to. Maybe my point's better illustrated by Tiger Woods Golf - the golf swing system was perfected with buttons, and the touch screen doesn't work for it.

Then again, games like Polarium, Wario Ware or Electroplankton simply wouldn't be possible on a button interface.

Feel The Magic also, I just added it because it rocks :)
I agree with doesnt have to use touch screen part, it must be hard to drive :P

Posted by MGamer

Love- I love the touch screen and all the inovative games. Duel screens are wonderful.

Hate-Come on now its 2005 2-d graphics give me a break. So GBA

Posted by Shade

Graphics? You're complaining about 2-D graphics no matter how detailed they are?

Love - The innovation, the touch screen, the great Nintendo games, and the future online capabilities. Online AC? Fewer things kick more *ss.

Hate - Lack of games so far. THAT'S IT.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i felt the same way but the ds is amazing go with your self on this one bcuz it is and there are to many **** puzzle games i know but the ds is going to sky rocket and i can already feel it i know we shouldent have to wait but oh my *** it will be worth it ***MARIO KART ONLINE*** but for real i dont want to get started i will ramble forever but 8 human races in mario kart i mean.... well..... its just that..... there are going to be moments worth tapeing in every reace.... jesus i need it know

Posted by Orange89

Love- Game coming this fall/winter, touch screen, 2 screens so stats won't get in the way, mic, can play GBA games, will go online, 2 words...MARIO KART DS...ok, that's 3, but you get the pic

Hate- only has like 6 good games out now, online is taking too long

Posted by verystrait42

Love: everything
Hate: 30-100 ft. wireless connection. only 30-100 ft.??? cant wait to use my DS online with the revolution