What the heck did I do...

Posted by VicE

edit2: Er, okay, it's not fixed. So, I'll repost the original question again:

I don't know WHAT I did, but by messing around with themes I apparently picked one that was completely screwed and as a result have somehow, uh, effed up Firefox beyond repair... just look at the screenshot to see what I mean:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/eternalsaturn/ffscrewup.jpg

There's also no scroll bar (so I have to use the arrow keys to scroll up and down) and the links at the top are completely non-functional... I somehow got back into the Themes menu trying to fix it but it was just a big glitchy mess and I couldn't do anything.

I tried what it said on the FF homepage and ran it in Safe Mode and uninstalled every theme I had except the default one, and it's still not working. I went under extensions and there's one there that says it's not compatible with my version of FF, but I can't do anything to disable/delete it... I don't think that's the problem anyway, but still.

How in the name of crap do I fix this? @_@ I tried reinstalling Firefox but that didn't do anything, and I can't figure out how to delete/change themes without using the Themes menu...

Posted by Klarth

You could try uninstalling it and then making sure it's completely removed from the registry, and deleting any files you had pertaining to it in the first place.

Alternatively, look for a slightly newer/older/modded version of FF. That might work.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Right click your Firefox shortcut>Properties>At the target field after the exe put a space and put -safemode. Uninstall the theme and it should use the default after you restart without safewmode on. To take safemode off just take off the -safemode commandline.

EDIT: or Start>Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Safe Mode

Posted by VicE

Well, I just made a new profile (it tells you how on the FF homepage) and that seems to have fixed it for now... though it also deleted all my bookmarks and cookies and stuff... which is annoying, but at least I can actually USE the darn thing now.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Whoops, didn't read that you already tried safemode. Sorry! :)

Posted by wolfmaster

Don't think any less of me because I'm asking this but,

What is Fire Fox?

Posted by Tinkleheimer

It is a webbrowser like internet explorer or netscape. I believe it is avaliable at Mozilla's website. Google Mozilla if you want learn more about it.

Posted by Prince Redon

It's a web browser. It's what most use instead of Internet Explorer. If you are using IE, then I would recomend switching.

Edit: Crap...I was too late.

Posted by wolfmaster

Ummm lack of credit card mabey later :( (only 15)

Posted by Klarth

...what

Firefox is free :/

Posted by wolfmaster

but the website I went to had a membership fee....

Posted by Klarth

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

please link me to the site you visited please.

Posted by wolfmaster

Gotcha thanx and wow look it's only a 30 minute download.....I hate dial up >:0