Last book you read-

Posted by Dandelion

I suppose I'll put this back here...

I just finished Great Gatsby, and I actually really liked it. I though it was very poetry and beautiful.

Posted by Roth

hmmm... It's been awhile since I read a book. I think the last one I read was called 'The Sailor on the Seas of Fate,' by Michael Moorcock (I know, I know, what kind of a name is that?). It's a pretty good book. It was preceded by 'Elric of Melnibone,' which is also the name of the tragic hero in the tales.

I was just recommended a book called 'Reign of the Dead,' by Len Barnhart. It's supposed to be about zombies, so I'll be checking that out!

Posted by Trigger

The last book I recall reading would be A Patchwork Summer by Kristy D. Holl. It was a book I read when I was in the seventh grade but I found the book to be rather interesting and well written. I had to ask the publisher to print me a copy since they stopped publishing the book several years ago. It took some time and some additional money to do but it was well worth it.

Posted by Mixhael

It's not a novel, but it was Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman. Short and sweet with a good story.

Posted by Pete

Quoting Dandelion: I just finished Great Gatsby

My god, you finished it? I couldn't get past 100 or so pages, it was one of the most over-rated, trumped-up boring binded collection of pages I have come across. Akin to E. Annie Proulx's 'The Shipping News'; didn't make it past 70-odd pages before simply throwing it to the dark recesses of my house somewhere.

Flat, uninspiring, droll pieces of 'literature' that got too much credit and insight by bored intellectuals.

Last book I read, Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men". I was given it as a birthday present by a friend who thinks he's just the bees-knees. I read it with an open mind, some valid points were raised, but alas too preachy.

So I've gone back to proper reading material now; currently reading:
William L. Shirer's 'Rise and Fall Of The Third Reich'
Dostoevsky's 'Crime and Punishment'
Hitler's 'Mein Kampf', and
Dante's 'The Divine Comedy'

Yes, at the same time. :)

Posted by Klarth

Dan Brown - Angels and Demons.

Reading Tolstoy's War and Peace right now. Good, but my god this is a slow book.

Posted by mis0

The last book I read cover to cover was probably Watership Down, by Richard Adams. I've been reading through jonny Got His Gun, by Dalton Trumbo, required reading in class, and Fugitive Days, by Bill Ayers.

Posted by El Steve-O

The Beach House by James Patterson.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

David Eddings - Belgarath the Sorcerer

Before that, I reread the entire Malloreon series by Eddings.

Posted by Dandelion

Quoting Pete:
Dostoevsky's 'Crime and Punishment'

I never did finish Crime and Punishment...way too repetitive. First he thinks about doing it, then he DOES it, all within like the first 100 pages. Then for the remaining five million pages he thinks about what he did. I'm surprised I made it as far as I did...I have about 20 pages left...don't know if I'll ever finish that.

Posted by -Shadow-

Last book I read was "Firestarter" by Stephen King.

Posted by Fiindil

Last book i read was "Deception Point" by Dan Brown

it's not too great, but it's above average, though just barely

Posted by Ch

last book i read was "Mokeys" by Susan Minot.

Posted by Pete

Quoting Dandelion: I never did finish Crime and Punishment...way too repetitive. First he thinks about doing it, then he DOES it, all within like the first 100 pages. Then for the remaining five million pages he thinks about what he did. I'm surprised I made it as far as I did...I have about 20 pages left...don't know if I'll ever finish that.

You may as well finish it and be able to say you've finished it....who knows what lurks in those 20-odd pages! :)

As for me, well I've had him think about it, rationalize it, do it, now into the thinking about it.

What annoys me most is not the running subconscious style as I've mentioned, it's the way every character seems to get up on a soap-box and into the spotlight, banging their drum for every **** line they speak. ie

[quote]"Ah! Yes. I am here. Forth I will go, for that is the way. Yes! That is so! Why am I here? it is not for the life of the wintergreen earner, but for the strife of the peasant farmer" [SIZE=1]not an actual quote :p[/SIZE]

.....in the middle of a room full of other people who are discussing the murder.

It's almost as painful as reading the Book Of Mormon.

But, it makes you appear intelligent when you tell people you're reading it ;)

Posted by Dandelion

Quoting Pete: But, it makes you appear intelligent when you tell people you're reading it ;)

Very true..of course, I could not finish it, and most people wouldn't know. I have no idea what I will do :P

Posted by Knightmare0999

The Lord of The Rings again. Before that i read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlen.

Posted by Early Demise

The crucible and Black Boy both for AP English, both pointless and very boring. BlackBoy had a point, but it ran on far too long!

Posted by RandomizeR

To Kill A Mockingbird, (for school) and I hated it!

Posted by Early Demise

lol, I read that in 10th grade and I too hated it. Great writer I guess, but crapy book in my opinion. My entire class hated it!

Posted by Gamer

Last book I read, was umm....let's see. It was some book for English I forgot.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom by August Wilson. Not a novel, but an incredible play. It's now one of my goals in life to see it performed. :)

(oh, my, how can anyone hate To Kill a Mockingbird and The Crucible? Those are two of my favorites! :()

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Just finished The Golden Compass. Now onto The Subtle Knife.

Posted by sniper

Last few things I read were Into Thin Air, by John Krakhaur (sp?), Fast Food Nation, The Dark Tower VII, by Stephen King, and The Things They Carried.

If I didn't list the names, that means I have forgotten. >_>

Posted by Killer Jordo

I Am David. Its a book about a boy who escaoes from a consentration camp to find his mother. It was o.k. i mean not a great book like frightfuls mountain(reading.....again) but still pretty good.

Posted by Green Day

I cant even remember the last time I touched a book

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

"The Invisible Man" by H.G. Wells was the last book I read.

Posted by boomstick

At The Mountains Of Madness And Other Tells Of Terror by H.P. Lovecraft

Posted by Dandelion

I'm still attemping to finish Cold Mountain.

Posted by Linko_16

Les Miserables. Perfection.

Posted by Screenname

Child called it.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Party Puddle by Fay Weldon Illustrated by Carol Wright

This is a short pre-school book..........

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Lord of the Flies.

Strange book, but good nontheless. Think Survivor with kids, only no one gets voted off the island.

Posted by boomstick

Just finished Ring, it was a pretty engaging book, I look forward to reading the sequel, Spiral, soon.

Posted by Poco

Kendermore by Mary Kirchoff. Fairly good, but didn't make out Tas as care free as he should have been.

Posted by mis0

Speak, by Laurie Halse something... can't remember her name but I loved the boolk.

Posted by El Capitan

Cry The Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Posted by Black_Wolf

The Rover by Mel Odom. Good read.

The 13th Warrior by Michael Crichton.

Posted by Dexter

"Lon Po Po" by Ed Young.

"To all the wolves of the world for lending their good name as a tangible symbol for our darkness." :(

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]What a week to make it big, By Rosie Rushton.[/COLOR]

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I don't really do much reading...but....the last book I read was The Thousand Orcs: The Hunter's Blades Trilogy (Book 1) by R-A-Salvatore

Posted by Trigger

"The Gobbler" by Adrian Edmondson.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]What a week to break free - Rosie Rushton[/COLOR]

Posted by Gamer

The Dead Zone by Stephen King. It was really nice and I enjoyed it, not like the DT books of course but still cool.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

"Cain" by James Byron Huggins.

I'm still reading it (almost done), but it turned out to be a lot better than I expected.

Posted by veritas

The First Artemis Fowl. The ending was great

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the With and the Wardrobe.

I read it a looong time ago, and decided to re-read it before going to see the movie. Very short, but definitely good enough to keep my interest for a young childrens' book.

Posted by Klarth

Daniel Keyes - Flowers For Algernon
Great sci-fi, I recommend it to everyone.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

"Pale Horse Coming" by Stephen Hunter.

haven't actually finished reading it yet, cause I'm immature and the title keeps making me laugh.

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (haven't read a book since summer I'm hoping to start one next year).

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

The Da Vinci Code.

Posted by Trigger

Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller.