The Tekken Series

Posted by Meru

It's probably one of the few fighting games I ever played. The third one had originally introduced me to the series. It had really caught my eye. The graphics were super for it's time. And as the series progressed it only got better. I then went back and began to play the first two Tekken games before I proceeded to Tekken Tag, the king of the Tekken series. It's graphics drastically improved from it's previous games, and the gameplay was indeed one-of-a-kind. It featured the 'Tag' system whiched greatly enhanced the possibilities of gameplay outcomes, and allowed two players on each team. Even the minigames were a headstart. I greatly enjoyed Beach Ball and Tekken bowling from the earlier series. Then, I however moved on to Tekken 4. The fighting got as realistic as ever. The game had an actual storyline to it. And it had breathtaking full motion video and an unexpected someone rising from the dead. Grand series it was.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I have only ever played Tekken 3 and some other Tekken game on GBA.
My favourite character will always be Nina Williams.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I played through Tekken 3 when it first came out, but once I feel in love with Soul Calibur 2, that was it as far as fighting games were concerned with me.

Do you like Mortal Kombat?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yes.

When I was 8.

How old are you now?

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I was never big on the Tekken games. I like the Soul Caliber's a lot more.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i used to love tekken...i think it was tekken 3, but im not sure, i was always that guy with the huge flattop and he did roundhouse kicks...anyways. i never really did like soul caliber that much. but mortal kombat, that games awesome.

Posted by muffla

i liked tekken 4 and soulds calaber two thats about it for me and fighting games

with the exception for super smash brothers

Posted by Degeneration

Greatest series on the planet. Bryan Fury for life.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahahaha, no. VF beats the **** out of any 3D fighter.

Posted by veritas

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: i was always that guy with the huge flattop and he did roundhouse kicks

I think his name was Paul phoenix

Anyway, I did first play tekken 3. My favorite player was hwarong (dont know how to spell it) he was pretty sweet with his kicks. Then I played tekken tag and no question Yoshimitsu was the best with his devistating roundhouse kick.

Posted by Kit

Played Tekken 3, always played as Eddy Gordo. Once my PS1 broke I never played it again and played Soul Calibur 2 and Mortal Kombat instead.

Posted by Blood-Katana

kazuya is my best character

Posted by Vbty3

Jin for me.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

did any of you guys ever watch the old Tekken anime movie? i watched that when i was like 6 years old becuase i didnt know how bad it would be, i just thought it would be a bunch of guys fighting. wich it was...it just had more to it. *cough* chick taking a shower *cough*

Posted by CrystalPain

My tekken is the one on psp :P Tekken Dark resurrection
My Fav char is Devil Jin!
*HAha i got wings!*:p:

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: did any of you guys ever watch the old Tekken anime movie? i watched that when i was like 6 years old becuase i didnt know how bad it would be, i just thought it would be a bunch of guys fighting. wich it was...it just had more to it. *cough* chick taking a shower *cough*

lol

Posted by Degeneration

The anime sucked. It's not even because of how little it followed the game's storyline. It was just... bad.

There's also a movie coming. Bits of the plot have been posted online, and things aren't looking good for this one, either.

Oh, and I'll be getting a PS3 instead of a 360 if Tekken 6 is exclusive. Reveal your plans, Namco!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: There's also a movie coming. Bits of the plot have been posted online, and things aren't looking good for this one, either.

DOA 2

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Fightan games are the worst choice to make a movie adaptation of.

Posted by CrystalPain

most videogame are or is it the other way around??

Posted by Degeneration

Almost every fighting game I know of has a crap storyline. It's okay, though, because people don't really care about them. Soul Calibur may be the only exception.

Also, I should update my last post in here. As a result of reading a certain story [url=http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23008](are you f'ing kidding me)[/url] and seeing a $300 PS3 deal on half.com, I have decided to go the Sony route. They're processing my order now.

OH, THE BLISSFUL EXPERIENCE THAT I AM ABOUT TO EXPERIENCE WILL BE SO BLISSFUL, OH.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting CrystalPain: most videogame are or is it the other way around??

Hmm. Some videogames can actually become OK movies, like Silent Hill.

However no movie has ever spawned a half-decent game tie-in.

Posted by Webby

I first played Tekken 2, I bought it with my playstation back in 1997.
I haven't played any newer Tekken games, so tekken 3 is my favorite so far.