your first n64 game

Posted by Illyria110

what was your first n64 game. mine was star wars: shadows of the empire

Posted by Corrupt

For some reason, I can't remember if it was either Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye. Either way, they were both incredible games that kept me entertained for years. I'd still play them if I could figure out what was wrong with my N64.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

my first n64 game was pokemon snap. it should have been goldeneye, but the game that came with the package was out of stock. still, they were both pretty nice.

Posted by Dexter

I believe Star Fox was my first Nintendo 64 game, along with the ramble pack that came along with it, which I found especially desirable. Shortly after that I received a dramatic increase in games and it makes it difficult to decipher which ones came first. Turok, Shadows on the Empire, and Mario 64 just to name a few.

Posted by VicE

Super Mario 64. It was actually the only N64 game I owned for a whole year after I first got the system. As you might guess, it got quite a bit of play time. ^_^

Posted by Megatron

I got San Fransico Rush and WCW/nWo Revenge at the same time. I can't remember which one I popped in first and played but those were the 2 I got first.

Posted by D.J Cat

I got Mario 64, Lylat Wars, International Superstar Soccer 64 and Turok first up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. I was a really big Star Wars fan at the time, so I brushed aside things like Lylat Wars, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye in favour of that game. It was enjoyable, but I rarely play it now. ):

Posted by Litbut

Super Mario 64 for me

Posted by SuperGoku90

super Mario 64 GO MARIO

Posted by Oilslick

I got my N64 on my 10th B-day and i think the system was out for a good few months when i went into game. I saw the sytem on a huge screen showing off a brand new game called Banjo-Kazooie, i played it on the projector screen and while i was testing it out my dad was already at the counter buying the limited edition gold controller system with banjo-kazooie, so i was pleased and still use it to this day

Posted by Skedar Warrior

my first game was perfect dark!:)

Posted by crimsoncinder

Goldeneye. Oh yeah.

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

First Game: Super Mario 64 (Free w/ system) (Great game!)
First Game chosen/bought by Me: Harvest Moon 64 (Amazing game!)

Posted by sodipop

Mine was Super Mario 64 too was that like the first game to come out or something or was it just mad popular cause It was the first 3d mario? That game was awsome though

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I remember I used to play N64 at my friends' house all of the time, so it could have been either Mario Kart or Goldeneye.

Posted by Boba Fett

Goldeneye of course, one of the best games for the system!

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Turok: Dinasaur hunter

This game rockz0rz!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]First N64 game i ever played was Mario Kart 64. I must have played that game with my brother non-stop for a total of 48 hours.

First N64 game i ever owned was a little game called Super Mario 64, which was pretty good *understatement*.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ch

My first n64 game was Mario Kart 64. I got it with my N64

Posted by Morag2

I don't actually own an N64, so I haven't paid it much attention since I got my Gamecube, however now I'm looking at it because of the Revolutions super awesome backwards compatibility stuff... I don't know what I'll get first but the games at the top of my list are:
1. Super Mario 64
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Banjo Tooie
4. Perfect Dark
5. Goldeneye
6. Donkey Kong 64
7. Pokemon Snap

There were more, I came up with a list earlier however I don't remember them all. I really really hope they arn't very expensive to get N64 games on the rev... because 7 games could cost a lot if they for some stupid and unexplainable reason cost the same as Gamecube games.

Posted by shortwavez

goldeneye. still love that game too

Posted by legov8

Mario Kart 64. Came with the sytem. Mario Kart 64 was also my first video game.

Posted by Text Attraction

Hm...When I got my n64 I had already bought Super smash brothers, Mario 64, and Pokemon snap. All to which I still play to this day <3 I think I got Zelda oot soon after. Memories~

And since I've heard so much good about golden eye, I just bought it recently because they had a sale on used n64 and playstation games~

Posted by Aquamentus

Mine was Mario Kart 64, I still play that game today.

Posted by Chronic

Zelda: OOT It came with my N64. I got it for my eighth birthday.

Posted by nich

I got my N64 for christmas and with it I got wave race, and diddy kong racing. but later that same holiday season, maybe a few days, I got OoT.

Posted by -Shadow-

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

And what a d[b][/b]amn fine game it was.

Posted by psp

Mine was Mortal Kombat Mythologies:Subzero. Its a pretty fun game now that i know wat to do. I had no idea on wat i was doing when i was a kid. lol

Posted by Ant

I got 3 games at the same time. On Christmas morning of 1999 I got Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong 64.

Posted by G-Sides

Super Mario 64 all the way.

And then I got Mario Kart 64 the day after.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Super Mario 64

Posted by Shaggy

Mine were StarWars Pod Racing and Banjo Kazooie or however you spell it.i loved Banjo Kazooie it was a good game

Posted by Xero

My first N64 game was super mario 64.

Posted by ExoXile

OoT...... what i can remember.

Posted by Xero

Yeah thats ONE of the best games on N64

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Flame ghost: Yeah thats ONE of the best games on N64

Correction:
One of the best games ever!

Posted by Xero

Well no. There are games like SSB that are pretty fun too.

Posted by Arczu

Super Mario 64. I got that the day it came out. Man, I remember how much everybody was jumping around for this game, the hype and the screaming.

When was the last time a game came out and freaked out the world? Or... wait... Halo did something to that effect...

But not as much as SM64 did

Posted by The Punisher

Mine was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game has so many great memories with me. Its a magnificent game.

Posted by Klarth

I got Cruisin' USA and Mario 64 for Christmas when I was... Seven.

It was the happiest day of my life. NOT

Posted by Xero

Quoting The Punisher: Mine was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game has so many great memories with me. Its a magnificent game.

It comes back a lot. Or its super mario 64, or its OoT...sounds normal...

Posted by Zyne

Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64, both were the only games out at the time when the 64 launched. Good times ^^

Posted by verystrait42

i got Super Smash Bros. YAY!!!!

Posted by Xero

Yeah Super mario 64 was the first popular game on N64. After there was zelda OoT and then SSB

Posted by Subtle Minority

Very difficult to remember, but the most memorable game was most definately Quake. It was a great game, and, in opinion, still is.

Posted by veritas

Mine was mario kart 64. That game was awesome

Posted by Xero

Yeah mario kart was awesome, but I think Zelda OoT came a bit after and took off the popularity of the game :(

Sry if I'm wrong.

Posted by Spin

Super Mario 64 :).

Posted by Xero

Like 70% of the members that posted in that thread said mario 64...:P

Posted by torbes

Goldeneye. We played this thing like non-stop in college - still remember harassing people with those remote mines on one of those small levels (yeah, I looked at other people's screens, I admit it.) Still have the thing in a box somewhere, need to get it out again...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting torbes: (yeah, I looked at other people's screens, I admit it.)

For me, and for most of the people I played with, looking at each other's screen become part of the nature of playing 007. After awhile, you start to learn the sequence of where they are going to respond. In this way, you can place proximity mines at each location so as to give no foe a chance to get themselves a gun. Be cautious, however, because if you die, then all the proximity mines you've placed on the respond areas will place you in a cesspool of doom.

Posted by neofreak91

I got Cruisin' USA and Mario 64 ,KILLER INSTINCT

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Dexter: In this way, you can place proximity mines at each location so as to give no foe a chance to get themselves a gun. Be cautious, however, because if you die, then all the proximity mines you've placed on the respond areas will place you in a cesspool of doom.

I know exactly what you mean.

I would try and place the mines in all the starting positions in Bunker and then kill them, and watch them die 5 times in a row or more, if I can get the patern going again.

But then they would strike me down and I would get a dose of my own mines.
Fun times.

Posted by Outlaw

Yoshi's Story. Back then I thought this game would be a direct sequel to Yoshi's Island. I was amazingly upset of how poor and easy it was.

Posted by Klarth

I dunno. Even if it was easy and all that, there's no denying that it had a pretty cool art style and it was genuinely fun to play sometimes.

But yeah, a new Yoshi platformer is long overdue.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes

A good game, overall. I didn't really like the Army Men games, but this one wasn't too bad, I guess. I liked the variety of weapons, and I liked strategizing to win.

Posted by gamer_net

Mine was goldeneye 007. I traded someone a ps1 with controller & memory card plus castlevania:symphony of the night for a N64 with all hookups, controller, memory card and goldeneye 007 + rumble & expansion packs.

Posted by amcartoon

007: Goldeneye

Best first person shooter out there. period.

Yes even better than Halo!

Posted by The Ripley

Super Mario 64, long long ago. Such a great game. I play it today on DS, hard to believe gaming has made it this far!

Posted by KMFDM

My first N64 game I got came with the system Star Wars: Podracing.

It was a fun game at the time.

Posted by CS Ryan

:amy: I got the Pokemon Stadium Bundle Pak, so it came with my N64.

Posted by Link_1987

i got my n64 at christmas 1998 and i got clayfighter 63 1/3 the day after for $10 CDN at a walmart

Posted by Max Mouse

Super Mario 64

I remember getting it on my birthday.

Posted by Rush_TomSawyer

i got Mario Kart 64 i must have had like everyone in my family play that at least 5 a day seeking new competition

Posted by netman

Mine was Super mario 64.. I got it Christmas...96? yeah. There was a whole bunch of family down and I ignored them all and spent all day playing it.

Posted by Rapid-Fire

we got a couple of games at the same time: super mario, and mario kart were our first ones

Posted by todd_freeride

I got 2 games at the same time, Starfox 64 and Mariokart ....still have bolth of them, love em'

Posted by Switch.Wolf

First Game I got was Mario 64.
First Game I bought was Blast Corp. That was a fun game! :D

Posted by XxLionheartXx

my first game was the coolest game for the n64....Star Fox, it was the coolest game ever on the n64

Posted by ShiroiHikari

mine was also Super Mario 64... when the N64 was released.. there were only like.. 3 games that launched with it! and SM64 was the only decent one!

Posted by Dog

my cousin found OoT in a puddle and gave it to me. it still worked. and i still have it.

Posted by Dexter

I'm pretty sure that Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings were the only two launch titles for the Nintendo 64. They kept me busy for an incredibly long time, though. I don't really care for Pilotwings anymore, but at the time, I never had experienced anything like it and I was seriously engaged for months. Flying felt so real, not to mention peaceful, and exploring the four islands was like nothing I've ever been able to explore in a video game before. I felt so absolutely free.

Posted by Apathetic

MarioKart 64, back in the day when my dad played with me.

Posted by holy_flare

SnowboardKids 2 was my first N64 game! I loved it so much and I still do today. But my N64 broke so I can't play it anymore...I have the DS version, but it sucks...
Not being able to play SBK2 is killing me. Literally!! I'm getting closer to death by the second...:hammer: blue = me...sad isn't it...?

Posted by ~vampire~

My first N64 game was super mario 64.

Posted by Inferno

I played Goldeneye at my cousins house all the time until I finally borrowed it and played it until I couldn't look at it any more. He also had Super Mario 64 which I played when not in a shooter mood. It wasn't until like 2 years later that I actually went out and bought the system for myself.

Posted by Colonel

My very first Nintendo64 game was Diddy Kong Racing, and Wave Race

Posted by SaintNerevar

I got super mario 64. i remember that christmas like it was yesterday, my dad could not find the system in any store so he put 250 bucks in my stocking. the funny thing is i went to wal mart that same day and bought the system.

Posted by NeXidala

My very first N64 game was Super Mario 64. I still love that game today.

Posted by keyartist

Mine was star fox 64.

Posted by Zapper

I'm pretty sure my first N64 game was Quest.

Posted by Arcadios

Diddy Kong Racing.
It was my first used game too but I loved it none the less.

Posted by Samusfreak

My first game for N-64 was Super Mario 64