Super mario 64

Posted by Oilslick

I just fired this up and forgot how great this game still is! I still havent got all 128 stars and deleted my old file and have started again with 48 stars and counting....anyone still play this classic?

Posted by sodipop

Yep I think it was the first game I got for the N64, cant beat the classics hehe. I got all the stars though so there's not much more I can do.

Posted by Arczu

Getting all the stars is only half the fun... at least, that's what I used to think. This was a good game, seriously. I remember when everybody was dropping their mouths at previws and everthing.

In this free hand type of game, you can approch any task which ever way you want. I've been trying to get the highest number of coins possible on each level. The highest I ever got was about... 173 on Tiny, Huge Island.

Posted by Jerry Rice

I would still play this beauty if i still had a working N64 controller in my home. Anybody who DOES own this game will probably agree with me, this game is an unbeatable classic.

Posted by psp

Quoting MR. Poove: have you gotten the mr poove unlcok? I did

Can u prove that u have gotten the mr prove unlock mr prove?

Posted by Arczu

Don't worry about Mr. Proove. He's obviously a reincarnation of the hell-spammer aroundt these places.

Anyway, I think people would be foolish to pass up on this game. I really enjoyed every single part of it.

Posted by inequity

Quoting Text Attraction: ...How will spamming a forum over and over bring it down?

It won't. Thats what makes it amusing.

Anyway....I have never gotten all the stars in this game before. I was never able to collect 100 coins (I have no patience). But I have played my Father's file which did have 128 stars. I still love watching yoshi jump off the castle for no reason. Good game.

Posted by project101

I still play it from time to time just bringing back nmemories of me and all my friends trying to get all the starts in one night one would fall alsleep another palys

Posted by Text Attraction

Ooh~ I loved playing that game. Though I should probably work on getting ALL the stars...not just the minumum amount you need to beat the game :O

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Arczu]

Posted by Arczu

...What are you talking about...?

Posted by Pit

There's only 120

Posted by Klarth

[quote=dangergoblin]It made me sad to see mario not even care about his first love, and go off to save some other princess. The cheating bastard.
Toadstool is Peach

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Toadstool is better.

Although I have SM64 for N64 as well as for DS, I haven't gotten around to playing either version, yet.

Posted by Azure Wolf

I. Loved. Bouncing. Off. Walls.
*wheeeee*

Posted by Inferno

I absolutely adored this game when I played it years ago. There really just aren't any good simple platform games released any more. But yeah, this game would have to be one of my favorite mario games, beaten only by the original.

Posted by l Pure l

i think its repetive after a while but overall its a fun game to play

Posted by RedEyesDragon

Quoting dangergoblin: Only played half this game. I think what turned me off, like most of the N64 games that i've hated, are the repeditve, goofy assed sounds Mario farts out. another thing that slightly bothered me was the fact that Princess Toadstoole was awal. Who is this "peach" imposter, and why would she go after this midget plumber who has a fixation with red? I dont know about you, but mario aint no cassa nova. It made me sad to see mario not even care about his first love, and go off to save some other princess. The cheating bastard.

This is a joke....right?

Posted by Pit

In the intro she goes "Yours Turly, Princess Toadstool. - Peach -"

lol what a dumbass

Posted by Arczu

By saying that line however, she probably ended the massive confusion some people had about who is Toadstool and who is Peach.

Posted by RedEyesDragon

True.

I guess this guy still doesn't get it.

Posted by InYourAtmosphere

I'm playing this game right now, actually. I never played when I was younger because I doubted my ability to play, get all the stars, and not break something in frustration either.
But I cannot find the entrance to Tall Tall Mountain for the life of me. A little help?

Posted by Zeta

Picture of mushrooms in the circular hallway where Wet Dry World is located.

Posted by Arczu

It's the small painting... so don't be surprised if you smack the wall abit trying to get in.

I found it funny how even though you are wearing the metal cap, you still take falling damage. That was the first time I saw mario K.O'ed as a hunk of metal... that sucked!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arczu:
I found it funny how even though you are wearing the metal cap, you still take falling damage. That was the first time I saw mario K.O'ed as a hunk of metal... that sucked![/font][/size]

Yeah I was surprised too. In the 3rd world (with that ocean and the boat) You had to go to the bottom of the water and I remember dying and I was "WTF???" I'm unvulnerable!

Posted by andrewg

I think i got over 200 coins once. maybe it was that snow level where you race the penguin... i'm going to go play this game and i will tell you how many i get on one level.

Posted by SaintNerevar

I have tried to do the wall jumping trick on the side of the castle but if you ask me i think that it is impossible. and whats up with the 128 stars thing i got every one and i only remember there being 120 total. i know the ds version has over 150 or something like that so where do you 128?

Posted by Samusfreak

Jepp that's right I know that there are 150stars in the DS version because I got so many and in the normal 64 version there are 120stars. I know this because I was looking how many I need in the other worlds and how many I have and so I figgerd out that there are 120stars and not more

Posted by Dexter

I really need to find the time to collect the rest of the stars, All these years and I've never fully completed the task. Shame on me.

I should try to get at least one star a day.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]On Super mario DS, I played recently and got up to 144 stars.

I still need the 100 coin challenge in 2 worlds. I defeated the 3rd bowser, but that didn't give me anything.

Those 2 100 coins challenge would bring me up to 146. Where are the 4 others? I'll try to figure it out.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arczu

I'll bet there are some castle's secret stars looming around. There was... 30 of them now I think (+15), then 15 more for each extra star in the worlds. (+15)

Some of those secret stars are tough to find. 8 red coins in bowser's worlds and in other places not in the stages are castle's secret stars too.

Posted by G-Sides

i just want to take the time to say that sm64 to this day is to this day still one of the greatest games ever made.

that is all.

Posted by Zapper

Hmm, i'm actually not that big a fan of SM64. Maybe it's just because I never played it enough to enjoy it. I should probably go and give it another try.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Arms: i just want to take the time to say that sm64 to this day is to this day still one of the greatest games ever made.

that is all.

QFT.

A looong time ago I invented a ton of gameshark codes for it to change the appearance of the scenery and of Mario himself. If I find them, I'll post a link here ...