blast corps

Posted by Oilslick

Ive heard good and bad things about blast corps. Whats it like? apparently the graphics suck. views anyone?

Posted by Dexter

I have had it for years and I have had many great times with it, especially if you enjoy defeating your own scores and such. There are many other superior games for the 64 that I would recommend over Blast Corps, but for the price I see the game at these days (3 or 5 bucks), I would definitely pick it up. The graphics are early 64 graphics, which are fairly annoying in many aspects, but if you can look past that, you'll probably enjoy yourself. It has been a long time since I have played it, so I suppose the replay value isn't that fetching.

Posted by Oilslick

cool, so what are the other games that youd recommend over blast corps then dexter? cos im trying to build up my collection :)

Posted by Dexter

Pokemon Puzzle League is exceptionally enjoyable if you enjoy perplexing games that takes incredibly quick reflexes and sharp reaction skills. The original San Francisco Rush stills holds strong in my collection, as long as you know your way around it, meaning how to use codes to give the game extra flair, like those balloon codes. Turok 2 is adventurous and the dinosaurs are totally adorable. You can be a dinosaur in multiplayer, which is most excellent. Speaking of multiplayer, if you have many siblings or friends to play with, I recommend the Mario Party games. The Mario Party games aren't as enjoyable alone, since they are made more for multiplayer action. My friends and I had some splendid times with these games.

Posted by Oilslick

i Read san fran rush was awful but its got another 2 sequels doesnt it: rush 2 and 2049

Posted by Dexter

I have Rush 2, but not the other. I personally enjoy the first Rush over the second, but that may because I have found some unusual ways of playing it that keeps it replayable. Also, it is really cheap these days, and I truly feel it is worth the price. Of course, again, it is far superior if you have someone to play it with. My nephew and I play this game occasionally and we have a blast.

Posted by Megatron

Blast Corps is an excellent game for a few bucks. Totally original and fun game.

The first Rush game is also quite good.

Posted by D.J Cat

The graphics are good enough, its not the reason why you play the game, neither it should be for any game.

Blast Corps is great fun, but for a lot of people its a bit hard to get into, but for those of us that enjoyed it, the fun is endless.
You will also probably never fully complete the game, because there are always more things for you to do.

To put it more simply, there is nothing quite like doing powerslides in a dump truck.

Posted by Raptor

Oh, goodness, I had forgotten all about this game. I used to play it for hours and hours back when I had an N64. I had a great deal of fun controlling the various vehicles (the dump truck was my favourite, I believe) and breaking my old records. When it came to getting platinum medals, though, the game got almost -too- difficult. Definitely a winner.

Posted by Vaporeon

It was alright, but some of the levels were very frustrating. I never did beat Diamond Sands.

Posted by Bradders

I haven't actually played Blast Corps in a long time as I traded in some of my N64 games in ages ago. I've recently started to build my collection up. I remeber it being really fun and original back in its day. It should hold up pretty well by todays standards as there were loads of levels with a lot of variety. Id say go for it as it will only cost you something like

Posted by Dexter

It's been a long time since I've last played Blast Corps. If only I could meet someone worthy enough to beat records with. My sister used to actually be good back in the day, but she's lost the skill and can't seem to regain it. She can hardly play it now and she doesn't know how she ever did, the brat.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Blast Corps was freakin' awesome, and I spent hundreds of hours on that game back in the day. If I hooked up my 64 right now, that might be the first game I stick into the system.