Krist Novelselic Solo Project

Posted by The Punisher

As some of the grunge fans know, Krist Novoelselic is the bass player for Nirvana. He is coming out with some decent bass soloing stuff in march i think. From what i have heard its like a message to the goverment. He also wrote a decent book about the U.S. Goverment being corrupt.

Posted by TheSecondComing

His solo work will suck balls, but he made some excellent points about election reform recently.

Posted by auzzman5151

Just like every other "Flip off Bush" Musician.

Quoting auzzman5151: Just like every other "Flip off Bush" Musician.

Except he doesn't flip off Bush. :rolleyes:

Posted by auzzman5151

Quoted post: Except he doesn't flip off Bush.

What I mean is that he is just another musician that will write music about how much Bush is an a$$.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

No one needs to make music about Bush being an a**. Bush does a fine job of being an a** without the aid of the Dixie Chicks.

However, back on topic, I don't think this album will go anywhere. Krist Novaselic is often overlooked, as many bassists are. It is unfortunate that talent doesn't matter much these days. Heck, if it did, I may actually try to get a record deal myself. And I'm sure the only reason Krist Novaselic did is because the company he signed with knows that his album is guaranteed to sell something, just because he's "the guy from Nirvana who isn't Kurt Cobain or Dave Grohl".

I'm curious why Krist didn't join the Foo Fighters when Dave started the band. You'd think that after all those years together that those two would have a music connection unlike any other.

Feion

Quoting feioncastor:
However, back on topic, I don't think this album will go anywhere. Krist Novaselic is often overlooked, as many bassists are. It is unfortunate that talent doesn't matter much these days.

Actually Krist is a horrible bassist and not a great songwriter, either. Cobain was the driving force behind Nirvana, the others could have been anyone. They were, too, as there were numerous changes to their early lineup and a guitarist was even added for the In Utero tour.

Posted by auzzman5151

I like Dave as an all around musician. I think Krist didnt get enough credit he deserved.

Posted by The Punisher

No matter ill still end up buying the cd, since i play bass it should give me something to practise on for a month or two. I will be a bit ....ed if its just
-0-1-0-1.......

Posted by vanity

Quoting TheSecondComing: Actually Krist is a horrible bassist and not a great songwriter, either. Cobain was the driving force behind Nirvana, the others could have been anyone. They were, too, as there were numerous changes to their early lineup and a guitarist was even added for the In Utero tour.

no hes not a bad player he one the best bass players u ....

Quoting vanity: no hes not a bad player he one the best bass players u ....

Assuming you're NOT a joke account, look up some bass tabs of Nirvana.

Posted by The Punisher

Unforuntaly, Vanity, you just got fe'd in the A, but all i can realy say is "Come on, eh, Come on"

Posted by auzzman5151

Krist has got to be almost 40 years old. Can he even sing? dont remember him singing at all in Nirvana, because Dave was the backup vocalist.

Posted by Gue

Krist is a brilliant musician. He wrote of all the bass riffs for all of the Nirvana albums. Honestly, even the stuff he did with Sweet 75, which musically I didn't relate to well, but was technically very good. I don't know how many of you are musicians, but I am and I can appreciate his talent. He's never just strumming one bass chord in unison with the music.. Listen to Lounge Act from Nirvana's Nevermind album. If that kind of creativity doesn't strike you as remarkable, I'd be inclined to think you belonged to that neverdying clique of BC Rich playing guitar solo masturbators.. Rocking out in your basement with a broomstick or an air guitar, prancing like Mic Jagger over a half an hour long Van Halen song.. druling all the way.

As for Dave Grohl... man that guy could play drums.. but lyricist??? There are junior high school kids who are depper and have more to say.. bleh to Dave Grohl

Quoting Gue: Listen to Lounge Act from Nirvana's Nevermind album. If that kind of creativity doesn't strike you as remarkable, I'd be inclined to think you belonged to that neverdying clique of BC Rich playing guitar solo masturbators..

Creativity? Remarkable? If that's creative and remarkable then I'm Mozart. It's a stock riff. Just because it's different to the guitar part it's suddenly worth an orgasm? What's with modern society accepting mediocrity as brilliance?