Rurouni Kenshin

Posted by Cell

Man there are so little threads in this forum. oh well im helping it now. Anyway I also love this anime. Its great, i love the whole old japanese samurai theme. it has to be one of the best animes of its kind. Personally i like Sanosuke the best then Kenshin, and finally Yahiko. Who doesnt like Yahiko? Well anyway post here and tell me what you think.

Posted by Kiyoshi

it is definatly one of the best.unfortunatly the episode i always wanted to see i missed.it fell on the wrong day at the wrong time.but thats ok.ill see it someday.what makes the anime so great is its not just one plot it seems more its like a story told from different points of veiw.one being kenshins the other(sort of)batosi the man slayer.its so awesome.

Posted by Euthanasia

This definatly is one of the best animes out there. The story is truely amazing and the characters develop in such a way that it keeps you hooked to it. Probably why it's one of the more famous animes.

Posted by Kiyoshi

it is famous your right about that.not to mention all the guys probably think kenshen is way cool and kicks but.but my favorite character is Senoske.that guy has alot going on with him.which makes him hard to understand that is what makes him so cool.

Posted by Xenos

I perfer Samurai X over Rurouni Kenshin--after several episodes, the word "repentance" becomes a repition. :(

Posted by Caryatid

I have not, unforetunately, seen Samurai X. However, every RuroKen fan who has is crazy about it. Gah! I wanna see it so bad! But I lurve the RuroKen manga. I make sure to buy them as they come out. I think I like the manga better than the anime, even though the anime is quite good, as well...

Posted by Kiyoshi

well samuri x in my opinion can never match this show.this show leaves samuri x in the dust.

Posted by Arczu

I've wanted to see the Kenshin Anime stuff for a long time now. I could never find it anywhere (not even to download), yet people were telling me it was so great. Many pictures give me an idea of the serious scenes and other things.

Speaking of which... I should get one of those avatars set up...

Posted by Kiyoshi

well its really good and i hope you see it soon.

Posted by Blade Weaver

RuroKen is great, the history is good i suppose and the story line is classical.
Also the action is balanced with humor and petty conflicts.
I have heard that the anime for it and SamX are better than the manga, so i can't wait to see it (if allowed)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Blade Weaver: RuroKen is great, the history is good i suppose and the story line is classical.
Also the action is balanced with humor and petty conflicts.
I have heard that the anime for it and SamX are better than the manga, so i can't wait to see it (if allowed)

RK was originally on CN for a while, then it got canceled and then they brought it bakc recently. Once again it's off the air. if you truely wish to watch the anime you should buy it. As for Samurai X, it's rated close to R because of all the violence, so if your mom won't let you find someone that has it and borrow it.:)

Posted by ISelfAmputatedMyArm

Actually, rurouni kenshin has been running on cartoon network for the past few months on Saturday nights, sometime around 11:00 i believe, anywayz, rurouni kenshin IS one of the best animes ever made, that is if you don't count the tales of the meiji saga, which really ruined it-- the animation became cheap, bad music, bad story, no good fight scenes whatsoever in that saga

Posted by Big Boss

Rurouni Kenshin is by far one of the best anime ever created. Before I go on praising this gem though, I'd like to clear out some confusion between RK and "Samurai X." Technically, there isn't a Samurai X. When the TV show got exported to Latin America way back in the late 1990's, the name of the show got changed to "Samurai X." For some odd reason, the OVAs also got the same "Samurai X" tag when ADV released these in America. In reality, the OVAs are also called Rurouni Kenshin (+ subtitle).

Now, RK is one of the best TV anime shows ever... up until the end of the Shishio saga. After that the series went downhill. There was really nothing special about the rest of the episodes, and you can tell the people behind it agreed, because in the Trust, Betrayal and Reflection OVAs, they just reminisce on what happened up to the battle with Makoto Shishio. Which is fine by me. The fight with Shishio and Soujiro Seta are two of the best fights of any anime show... in fact, they're my two favorite. The way the show was building up the strong political differences between Kenshin and Shishio way before they ever got to face each other made the battles that much more exciting. It's very hard not to care for the characters when they are presented so successfully.

The OVAs take out the occasional humor and goofiness that filled some of the RK episodes, and that makes it, in my view, better. Here there were no special moves with glowing hair and eyes... it was kept more realistic without being boring, and its new art style is one representation of that. Plus, these OVAs truly focus on Kenshin. We figure out how he got the X scar on his cheek, something that's done in a very dramatic fashion. Reflections is the culmination of Kenshin's story, and it's easily the best OVA I've ever seen. At the end of it all, I had to run for a tissue. It's best if you watch the OVA after seeing the whole show though, as you'll feel more in touch with the characters by the time the story ends.

On a somewhat related note, I recommend the soundtrack. I got the 3-disc Premium Collection at the Dealer's Room in Jacon '05, and it kicks ***. It has all the songs from the TV show, the amazing BGM soundtrack, as well as the BGM for Trust and Betrayal.

Posted by Litbut

RK was awesome. I haven't heard of or seen Sanosuke, Samurai X and Yahiko until now though...

Posted by Kiyoshi

i wanna see the show agian soo bad!can anyone tell me when its on?

Posted by Disturbed_one

samurai x is much better ruroni kensien is too much for kids and dsnt have enough action in it

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Quoting Disturbed_one: samurai x is much better ruroni kensien is too much for kids and dsnt have enough action in it

I got an RK video on dvd on eBay. It is awesome. I got a few manga too.

Posted by samuraix

rurouni kenshin is freakin good it is the best pleeez tell me where i can get the episode dvd's for low cost and low shipping?

Posted by Tinkleheimer

eBay :).

Posted by Mystic Hero

Try [url]www.digitaleyes.net[/url]

Posted by Cell

Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X almost go hand in hand. Watch them both. Samurai X has way more fighting and blood and all that good stuff. But Rurouni has the story and comedy, watching them both will make you appreciate both of them a lot more.