PM glitch

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

My PM box is still listed at 168 stored, yet I have zero PM's in my inbox or sent. What gives?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh, I know, I [url=http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128293]Made this thread[/url] over at vBulletin a few hours ago. Oh crud! I'm not a wacko over there!!! Search my username there, and you'll really see intelligense!!!

If they don't have a fix, I'll increase the max, since each PM credit only takes up a few lines of code.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Can you program in an option for user controlled complete PM box reset?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm guessing there's some SQL command that can do a mass change.

Posted by Trigger

I was just wondering, have any of you having this PM count problem tried clearing your browsers cache?

Posted by Jesse Smith

The number is in the mySQL database. It's not even on our computer. Notice when you get a PM the left number changes to 1. After you read it, it changes to 0. If that was the cache,the first number would never change. Example
[code]
INSERT INTO user VALUES (1,6,'',6,'Jesse Smith','password','2004-10-12','pokemon-AT-pioneer-net.com',0,'','','','','',0,'King of da Wackos!!!',1,987361200,0,1106453419,1106457079,1106457079,6596,401,9,'-8',0,0,5,3159,'02-27-1977','1977-02-27',-1,1,'',0,0,'',0,0,-1,***557***,0,'@{[',14);
[/code]

***557*** is where the number is.

Sabredog 191
Trigger zero - er not any more!!
Dexter 85
Corrupt 200 psst, empty it!!!!
Hyper 152
Linkman 26
maian 102
netman 46

Posted by Jesse Smith

OK, simply empty your sent box and it'll fix the number!!!!

Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 8.

If you don't have any, send me a test PM, mark 'Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder', send it to me, and delete it in sent.

Posted by Trigger

Then the number should always update as activity happens, i.e., recount the number and update accordingly. Everyone who has this problem should send a PM to someone else, delete a sent PM or do something that creates activity in your PM folders and see if the numbers update.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yep. I just figured that out after I sent you the PM. I guessed that it might get updated, and it did!

Posted by sabre

I was sending PMs with Jesse earlier. It works... cleared out my sent box, and:
Welcome, Sabredog.
You last visited: Today at 11:54 AM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 2.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Jesse Smith: Yep. I just figured that out after I sent you the PM. I guessed that it might get updated, and it did!

I told you that it would update in the PM I sent, which is the one you just replied to. Anyway, it's good to know that the solution is available.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[quote]
I think that if they just do something, such as sending or deleting a PM though, things might sort themselves out.

Ugg, I've got so lazy that I'm now too lazy to read the full PMs!!!! Some one, hit me on the head with a hammer a few times!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Jesse Smith: Some one, hit me on the head with a hammer a few times!!!

It would be my pleasure. :bash:

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Jesse Smith: Corrupt 200 psst, empty it!!!!

[color=lime]Yeah, a bunch of people have told me to clear out my inbox, and I can't. I swear, there is no option to delete any of the PMs I have, unless I'm overlooking something. And the thing is, I had cleared out my inbox just the day before the site was brought back, I think. I know I didn't have even 100 PMs before the number skyrocketed up to 200. I also don't have anything in my inbox... so yeah, if you could tell me how to fix the problem, or fix it yourself, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks...
[/color]

Posted by Jesse Smith

Mark every PM with one click, then at the bottom

:::Selected Messages:

and delete!!!

Posted by sabre

Go into sent messages, check the box at the very top, and press "delete." The select all box. It should work.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I see no box...:(

Posted by sabre

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/sabredogsuplex/pms.jpg[/IMG]

Like so. If it doesn't appear, send a PM to asdfgh - it's my test account, and I don't mind being inbox spammed in it - and check sent items.

And, it's just occurred to me that Corrupt wouldn't be able to do that. Jesse, increase inbox size to 300 or something so Ruptie can fit in an extra message.

Ah, ok. There was absolutely nothing in there, so there was nothing to check. Thanks.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now delete that 'sent message'.

I did once I sent it. Problem solved. Thanks.