A reason to watch American Idol

Posted by Jim Rome

never thought that I was going to say this, but I think I might be down with American Idol. I still have no interest in the karaoke portion of the show, which still bores me to death. But there are new elements to the show that I find intriguing.

I could care less which one of these future lounge singers actually wins the stupid competition. I don

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well there is that and there is also the thing that in the new season I hear they are keeping Scott Sable for ontroversial issues. It seems that he beat his wife(women beater Baz) a few years ago and got a criminal record. Aparently he's disliked amongst the public for this so they keep him in to see what happens. I really could care less about this or anything that goes on in that show. Yeah, so Paula had a sexual relationship with one of the singers, it's also rumored she's an alchoholic. It's just some tid bits to keep people watching, I don't find it anythign special.

Here's another thing, you ever notice that most people care too much about that show? I mean if some guy that can't sing well kicks a good person out they get all ****ed. So who cares, that guy got beat out, nothing big. It's not like it's likely that they'll make it any farther in the competition. I have an American Idol at my school, I don't find it anythign special. You all remember John Stevens from last season right? The one that beat out that girl that was great? Yeah, he goes to my school. People think it's all great and wonderful that he got in and stuff, but you know he lost so it's time to let him live his normal life. Yeah I compliment him for making it that far in the competition, but he still has much to learn. I just can't stand the people that get over worked about this. They are either "you should have gone farther" or "you should have never made it." yeah so what who cares. So he got that fire, stop trying to pin him with more nails on teh cross than there already has been or kiss up to him. People just don't know when to quit.

Posted by Crazy K

I hate the show. I think its just getting to old. I have seen enough of these crappy reality shows. Yeah there are some good singers but its just getting old. I hate reality t.v. because its just so darn repeatative its not funny.

I saw the first season but rarely watched anymore of it. the only time I watch it is when they have the people try out for the show and most of them mess up and its hilarious.

But I hate american Idol.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Some of the negative criticism i hear against this show is really unfair. What's wrong with a show that'll give the only chance this people will ever get to make it in the music industry. Clay Aiken for example, whether you like him or not, is an amazing vocalist, and is a breath of fresh air amongst the untalented musicians that are in the industry nowadays. He would have never made it if it was'nt for the show.

And i don't know why they classify this as a "reality" show, i always saw it as a talent show/competition. [/COLOR]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Some of the negative criticism i hear against this show is really unfair. What's wrong with a show that'll give the only chance this people will ever get to make it in the music industry. Clay Aiken for example, whether you like him or not, is an amazing vocalist, and is a breath of fresh air amongst the untalented musicians that are in the industry nowadays. He would have never made it if it was'nt for the show.

And i don't know why they classify this as a "reality" show, i always saw it as a talent show/competition. [/COLOR]

Winners make one CD and then they go home. The only one that we have heard from that has made a second is that girl that won the first competition. I don't think I have heard of amc of the other winners making a second CD. Most don't even get record deals either. So they pick out one or two from the crowd of finalists, if they are lucky, to get a record deal. Most likely it won't happen, just to the top two. I'd rather ot aste my time entering unless I knew I was extremely good. Odds are that I won't get a record deal if I could sing unless I fell into the top two so I would pass the offer and keep my day job, but hey that's just me.

Posted by Crazy K

Think about it, people trying to win a game sortof, its pretty much reality t.v. I mean Survivior you play for money and thats a reality t.v. show. American Idol is a reality show that gets people to sing and ****.

I just purly hate reality t.v. shows so **** much. Thats why I dont watch this crap. T.v. is just becoming a grave yard of ****ty shows.

Posted by Bebop

I only watch the inital stages where there are try outs. The really bad singers and those with big egos make me laugh. Aftet that I tune out.

Posted by sodipop

That show annoys me a lot but i do watch it only in the beginning to laugh at all the losers who think they are actually good. It's nice to give talented singers a chance but i would prefer they just do it privatly or something then announce the winner if they want. Personally i dont find it to entertaining to watch singers on TV even if they are my favorite ones.

Posted by Sean Fury

Americal Idol is great in the first few episodes of each season, watching people that can't sing try out (William Hung) and just laugh at them, great entertainment. But the show in itself is just stupid.

Who the f.uck cares if you can sing like Britney Spears, don't we have enough preppy whores in the world?

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Bebop: I only watch the inital stages where there are try outs. The really bad singers and those with big egos make me laugh. After that I tune out.

Me too.

Posted by Crazy K

I only watch the first few episodes of the show when people try out, I get a few laughs out of that. Quite funny. But I dont watch the show afterwords, it just gets boring.