DB/Z/GT

Posted by Cell

Ok you guys should have known that this was coming sooner or later. Here is the thread for all DB/Z/GT lovers...or likers. Personally DBZ is my favorite. Then DB, then DBGT. Personally DBGT was not very good in my opinion. It just didnt have the same "thing" that the others had. I cant really put my finger on it though. Anyways Dragonball was good. Seeing as it was the start of this excellent anime. But Z just had that something. My favorite saga if you cant tell is the whole Cell saga. Now the Cell Games is my favorite part of the whole Cell saga but thats just me. Well anyway im rambling so post here and tell me what you like about this anime. If you dont like it then please dont post here but if your on the fence then give both sides if you want. And of course if you like it like me then...POST!!! POST I SAY, POST!!!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I like it how I hate this show so much but I can explain why :cool:

THERE IS ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS SHOW THOUGH : It works like ambien, not as heavy a narcotic, but it still puts me to sleep fairly easy :). If this doesn't get deleted, I won't pop in here again for another 200 posts :cool:

Posted by RandomizeR

DBZ is my favorite too. Not much to say though. I love anything Dragonball related.

Posted by wolfmaster

After DBGT finished I can't help but want more. But I know for a fact that DBGT finished in Japan about Five years ago. Anyway I'm trying to Start Another DB.sort of.Mabey a fanfic on media miner. If I do it will invole a lot of sayians (Don't Know how to spell it sorry) and goku and it will be post GT.

Posted by stepharneo

Quoting Cell: Ok you guys should have known that this was coming sooner or later. Here is the thread for all DB/Z/GT lovers...or likers. Personally DBZ is my favorite. Then DB, then DBGT. Personally DBGT was not very good in my opinion. It just didnt have the same "thing" that the others had. I cant really put my finger on it though. Anyways Dragonball was good. Seeing as it was the start of this excellent anime. But Z just had that something. My favorite saga if you cant tell is the whole Cell saga. Now the Cell Games is my favorite part of the whole Cell saga but thats just me. Well anyway im rambling so post here and tell me what you like about this anime. If you dont like it then please dont post here but if your on the fence then give both sides if you want. And of course if you like it like me then...POST!!! POST I SAY, POST!!!

the reason you don't like gt is because it was cr*p, which is because it was not made by Akira Toryama (not sure how to spell it), the creator of dragonball/z. although the cell saga was good, the frieza saga (in my opinion) was the best, i liked when goku and frieza were both at 100% power and were battle damaged, it was the perfect setting for super saiyan/saiyajin debut.
p.s. not meaning to advertise but on http://search.ebay.co.uk/dragonball-z-movies_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQa15964Z-24QQa15965Z-10QQa3802Z-24QQgcsZ1077QQpfidZ1205QQreqtypeZ1QQpfmodeZ1QQalistZa15964Q2Ca15965Q2Ca3802Q2Ca3801QQpf_queryZdragonQ20ballQ20zQ20moviesQQfltZ9QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch there is are people selling all 13 of the movies. just scroll down.

Posted by SSJ Goku Reborn

I think that DBZ is the best and i also agree DBGT was just not that good also goku becoming a kid wot where they smoking when they thought about that, it would have been better if there was 1 more saga in DBZ and goku turned SSJ4 then although my favourite character is future trunks i rekon they should have all reached SSJ3 at least because it is said dat mixed blood saiyans are stronger and they strongest 1 is Mystic Gohan anyway DBZ Rules and Budokai 3 is amazin if u dont have the game i suggest you get it i have only just complted it 100 percent

Posted by Cell

Quoting stepharneo: the reason you don't like gt is because it was cr*p, which is because it was not made by Akira Toryama

Actually Toriyama was one of the main script editors for gt. As in for those of you who dont know, he had a huge say in what went into gt. Now it wasnt necessarily crap but it was not as good as Z. I think Akira lost his lust for the greatest anime end when he did gt.(It was not a very good ending, he should have ended it at Z but not have introduced Uub.(dont get me wrong i like Uub its just gt was a desperate attempt to keep the anime alive.

Posted by #1Gamerchick

DBZ is my fav. GT was ok but as u said not as good as Z. The cell saga was pretty good especially when gohan fried cells ...

Posted by destruction kai

I like DBZ better you have to love that buu saga I'm just mad that there not making another dragonball series but if you go to http://www.saiyanisland.com/si.php?si=anime/dbz/fanfics/dbv/dbv you can read dbv and many other sagas that are comics in Japan but will not be a tv show

Posted by WESTEAST

Yo get some rap music in heer.

Posted by Mystic Hero

GT was a rushed series that could have been better had they taken a little more time on it. You hardly get to see Uub in action and when he is he's getting served by some monster. I would have liked to see an older version of Gotenks as well as the series bringin out more of SS4 Vegeta. I still think the original DBZ is the best. hey had some classic fights there, such being the Frieza saga, Cell saga, and Goku vs. Majin Vegeta. I thought they could have done a bit more with the Buu saga though.

Posted by Map42892

DBZ is everyones favorite i think...
i liked DB in a sorta close 2nd, but sometimes it was a little, er, strange in some episodes.
I don't know why DBGT is so hated, but it defidently should have been slowed down just a bit...

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Map42892: DBZ is everyones favorite i think...
i liked DB in a sorta close 2nd, but sometimes it was a little, er, strange in some episodes.
I don't know why DBGT is so hated, but it defidently should have been slowed down just a bit...

Why do people hate it? I'll tell you why:

1. Too short
2. Not much shown of new characters introduced to us towards the end of DBZ and of SS4.
3. Everyone is old or dead

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Check uirban dictionary for the definition of DBZ, funny stuff.

Posted by gohanss43

:devil:dbz rocks it is da bomb:devil:

Posted by Map42892

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Check uirban dictionary for the definition of DBZ, funny stuff.

It says 90% of people that watch DBZ suck. I am a proud member of the other 10%.

Posted by Spinal

dbz is my fav too, i have all eps of dbz and db, and like you i didn't find gt fun at all... z has the most action, and db has the storie... gt just doessn't have anything... anyway, i love dbz

Posted by Jezex

i used to like dbz but when i say that here iin school i get caned.... anyway which one of u dbz freeks can remember "GIll's" real name? first 1 to get it wins a biscuit XD

hint: DD..............

Posted by Jezex

Not you what? u cant remove rep points for not being "caned"

how many of you think that Broly should have had a longer part in Dbz or gt also is anyone going to buy the super uncut version of dbz I heard that its supposed to be pretty cool if you like alot of violence

Posted by Average n00b

Ahhh...I hate GT but I can tolerate DBZ.

z is the best no doubt gt was the worst thing to ever happen to anime there were only 2 sagas so say i if you like z and sup if you like gt I say i

Posted by Light

dbz was the best next to db but dbgt just sucks it jsut doesn't have akria's i don't know his heart the others do so of course its gonna be worse

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

I used to like DB/Z/GT. but by the time it ended (which took about 500 episodes altogether), I grew hair on my nuts and developed a taste for origionality and interesting character developments. I could only take so many villains who are made from goo, or can re-develope unless completely destroyed.

Posted by Pit

The show, in my opinion is garbage. Seriously. I mean, it gets tiring after a while... actually, it got tiring in the first 12 episodes. I used to watch it, yeah, but I then found other anime's and realized what total crap DB/Z/GT is. It takes 40 episodes for something important to happen that can easily happen in 1. Then they have bullcrap filler episodes that has nothing to do with the story, isn't funny, uninteresting, and leaves you the feeling of "wow, I can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes to see Goku screw in a lightbulb in SS3".

The action consists of... like these explosions followed by cheap animation of characters dissapearing and reappering in hitting each other with one hit. The only thing good Cartoon Network has to offer in full metal alchemist and I haven't even gotten around to seeing that yet.

Posted by Hannibal King

Dbz was fine but gt sucked. the fact that goku killed most of the villians with a spirit bomb wasnt very origonal...............

But Omega Shenron was ceoooo

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Anyone other than me notice that Goku dies in almost every saga in DBZ?

Posted by Hannibal King

DBGT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The creators came up had to bring back an old villian for a whole saga.......someones almost out of ideas

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Hanibal King, more like fag master

Posted by Pit

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Hanibal King, more like fag master

I agree: He is a fag master.

Posted by Legend Saber

DBZ is quite possibly the worst anime ever created. The story is nonexistant, the action is absolutely horrible (two people throwing glowing balls at eachother until Goku finally decides to use his Spirit Bomb or that stupid Kamehameha, or whatever the fu[color=#ABCDEF]c[/COLOR]k that stupid thing is called, and then the enemy is completely obliterated, how retarded), the characters are one-sided, character development is nowhere to be seen, the animation is complete ****, and the music makes me want to puke. The only good thing about DBZ is that you don't have to watch it.

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

Quoting Legend Saber: DBZ is quite possibly the worst anime ever created. The story is nonexistant, the action is absolutely horrible (two people throwing glowing balls at eachother until Goku finally decides to use his Spirit Bomb or that stupid Kamehameha, or whatever the fu[color=#ABCDEF]c[/COLOR]k that stupid thing is called, and then the enemy is completely obliterated, how retarded), the characters are one-sided, character development is nowhere to be seen, the animation is complete ****, and the music makes me want to puke. The only good thing about DBZ is that you don't have to watch it.

I only half agree, some of that stuff is true but the stroyline is intresting...........

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

The story might have had something going on with them, but seriously, 1000000 episodes. Dragged on plot. Useless ****. Every enemy regenerated or absorbed in some sort of way or another. Freeza immitated the powers of other dudes I think, Cell absorbed things and kept their power, and buu ate things after turning them to chocolate. Seriously, wtf. Hell, regardless what anyone says, GT was the best. It didn't last long. Thats why.

After the first 26 episodes, the show went downhill. Seriously.

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

something that i could see as a downfall for all three is the repeated use of the same characters before they thought of new ones

Posted by Light

Quoting Dragon Ryder: Anyone other than me notice that Goku dies in almost every saga in DBZ?

yes i notcied but it was funny to in some of the episodes he that he was dead what everyone did during that time

Posted by Pit

Quoting Mr. Tadakichi: I only half agree, some of that stuff is true but the stroyline is intresting...........

What storyline is there?

Villain comes to destroy earth. Goku must protect earth. Goku dies. Villain destroys earth. Everything is now okay because of a wish of the dragonballs. Goku destroys villain.

All together, that takes about 50 episodes to happen.

Point being: DBZ has no real story and no real action. It's just "good vs. evil". It's GARBAGE.

Posted by Chronic

I liked DB but nothing else it just got retarded with them getting blonde hair and getting extra powerful the blonder they are.

they shoulg make some show where all anime shows are put together and are having a war against each other

Posted by Chibi Trunks

Dragonball Z is my fav. anime. As you can see my favorite character is chibi trunks.

Posted by Klarth

Any plans on actually regarding the criticisms you seem to have missed?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

DragonBall is the only watchable one of the lot. There usually were not whole episodes of "OOOOOHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHH! HYAAAAAA!!!!!!!! NoW I R tEh 100% and umbetabl!!!!" *blast, poof, bam, zap*.And now Naruto will follow the same direction and become too long, lose its story, and be mad teh uber power.
Thank Jesus H. Christ for all those 100 and shorter episode series out there.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Okay, enough. I really do like all the DB's. I'm just a sucker for really powerful beings (Superman for the win!). I just wanted to see how you guys treated the other DB fans first. And I must say, I'm dissapointed. Does it really matter if they like a show you dont? It's like in the music forums, please dont bash on someone for a particular band/anime/show/movie/book/comic/manga/anything else that they may like.

I also like Inu-Yasha, despite the fangirls.
Flame me all you want, just sticking up for myself and the little guy.

Posted by higbvuyb

All of them are lame. You see two guys standing there, staring at each other, in a ball of light for ten minutes. Then, there's an ad break. Then, after the ads, one guy starts laughing evilly. This continues for another ten minutes and there is another ad break. Then, one of the guys finally attack, almost at the end of the episode. Before the attack hits, the episode ends. The attack, usually a beam of light, travels towardss the opponent during 20 more episodes, when it finally, hits, doing some damage. The process is then repeated, until all the viewers go insane.

Posted by omegga

I never really got into DB, didn

Posted by Majin Yusuke

How about you people read the manga first.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Majin Yusuke: How about you people read the manga first.

How about you shut the hell up first?

The manga is no different other than the action sequences are slightly less drawn out, the names are true, and the dialouge is sutible for a rating of TV-PG.

I've seen every episode of DB, DBZ, and GT, as well as read volumes 1-14 of the DBZ manga. Now hush.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

wait, are you saying its crap

cause we all knew that already

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: wait, are you saying its crap

cause we all knew that already

yes no

Posted by Majin Yusuke

I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying you might want to try to read the manga instead. The manga is 10x better than the anime for reasons:

1. No filler
2. The fights are 90% faster
3. The manga is more violet
4. It makes more sense(Filler can create numerous plotholes)
5. It's just better
6. Toriyama is a genious!

You don't have to take my word. I mean, if you hate DBZ then so be it. There's nothing I can do about it. It just based on opinion. No anime will ever go without critism. I'm just saying the manga is better, but the anime is still good compared to other horrid animes(GT for example).

Quoting Majin Yusuke:

4. It makes more sense(Filler can create numerous plotholes)
5. It's just better
6. Toriyama is a genious!

So basically, your core reasoning is "the manga is good."

Posted by omegga

does everyone know how theres beem rumors about a live action DBZ movie for ages?

well i was looking at this website last night and i think they're going to go through with it! Has anyone else heard anything about this so they can shine a bit of light on it for me?

Posted by Creature

Now there showing the uncut version of DBZ, so there are not as many plot holes than the nomarl series. And most of the episodes are rated TV-14 and the fights are so much more violent.

Posted by HiNu

Used to watch GT in Japanese when I was like 5. Stopped watching the DB Series though, I got to know some more anime.

will u guys stop taking away my rep just becuase i say sumtin u dont like i was like 94 now im at -33 i swear everyone who talks on here has voted against me once

Posted by Colonel Mustang

I've watched dbz for years, but it seriously should have stopped with the cell saga. That is how the show should have ended, Gohan follows in his father's footsteps and destroys cell. Now the earth can finally be at peace.

But then Buu comes to battle the z fighters. First up...ss2 gohan (gets beat easily), then majin vegeta(Blows up), then ss3 Goku (leaves in mid battle) Then Gotenks (gets beat) , Then Gotenks super saiyan (goes ss3) Then ss3 Gotenks (Stops battle when Gohan comes) Then Mistic Gohan (wins, then for some stupid reason lets Gotenks get absorbed) , and the list goes on. It got too repetitive after the Cell saga.

Then GT was even worse. Everyone was weak except for Goku and Vegeta. There was no suprise. Everyone else was just there to watch. Piccolo used to be the man like how he went off on the androids after fusing with Kami.

Posted by gamerSam

Sorry DBZ fans Goku can't beat everyone, espiecailly Jesus.

Posted by The Punisher

Seriously, that episode was on last night. Jesus went like Super God form and trashed this 1337 pwnzor G0ku!!!11!!!one. Anyways, did you guys make up like a hundred accounts or something? Everyone who agrees with Cell, has 2-20 posts, and I have never seen them before? Just a thought.

Posted by icanseeu

Quoting Colonel Mustang: I've watched dbz for years, but it seriously should have stopped with the cell saga. That is how the show should have ended, Gohan follows in his father's footsteps and destroys cell. Now the earth can finally be at peace.

But then Buu comes to battle the z fighters. First up...ss2 gohan (gets beat easily), then majin vegeta(Blows up), then ss3 Goku (leaves in mid battle) Then Gotenks (gets beat) , Then Gotenks super saiyan (goes ss3) Then ss3 Gotenks (Stops battle when Gohan comes) Then Mistic Gohan (wins, then for some stupid reason lets Gotenks get absorbed) , and the list goes on. It got too repetitive after the Cell saga.

Then GT was even worse. Everyone was weak except for Goku and Vegeta. There was no suprise. Everyone else was just there to watch. Piccolo used to be the man like how he went off on the androids after fusing with Kami.

Yeah the show really lost alot of its coolness after the cell saga. The TV specials were good though (Bardock, The one from Trucks/android timeline)

Posted by GameMiestro

It's really annoying how dumb the main characters are. Virtually every single time a villian appears, they cause far more damage than they should have because of an obvious mistake made by the heros. Raditz and Frieza are prime examples.

Posted by Twilight Chick

Yeah well i think it's the best anime to walk the earth! How do ya like that?

Posted by mis0

I like it as much as I like you. As in, maybe smashed to peices underneath an SUV or two.

Posted by Twilight Chick

Yeah well I don't like you either.

Posted by Zabuza

Yeah. Me niether. (Rika I was going with you.) Well anyways, I think is one of the best anime ever. In fact probably the best on the planet...

Posted by Saruin

Gohjetta is my fav.

Unmatched until the very end.

Posted by drake27278

i dont have a favorite and did broly come befor or after cell?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting drake27278: i dont have a favorite and did broly come befor or after cell?

The movies are never clear about when they actually take place, in fact most people don't even count them as canon.

Posted by Big Boss

The movies actually don't take place anywhere in the story because you can't place them anywhere without creating plot holes.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have all three Broly movies. They are good, but you can't tell where they come in at in the series. Anyway, this is one of my favorite animes of all time. Dragon Ball and Dragonball Z were awesome, but GT was a bit of a letdown. My favorite character from Dragon Ball is Yamcha. From Dragonball Z/GT us Vegeta.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's a site that sells it-[/FONT] [URL="http://www.smarter.com/dragon_ball_the_magic_begins---pd--ch-4--pi-165316.html?source=inktomi_movie165316"]http://www.smarter.com/dragon_ball_the_magic_begins---pd--ch-4--pi-165316.html?source=inktomi_movie165316[/URL]

Posted by Breakman

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IZnlW0GFIUw

Gohan SSJ2 scene (especially in Japanese, with Spirit vs. Spirit playing) makes this entire trilogy-series awesome no matter how many strikes it has against it for various reasons according to others. There are just parts of it, like this and the first time Gohu achieved Super Saiyan, that peopel just will never forget, no matter how much they 'loathe' the series later.

I think most people can admit that though there are a variety of reasons to 'hate' it now due to overpopularity/bad dubbing / simpleness of the story / etc., everyone who grew up with it as their first TRUE action-anime series that they kept up with will always have it in their hearts, the back of their minds, as something that they actually really like, and always will.

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]For those of you who are cheap (pointing at my self), WALMART, his selling a DVD box set intitled BROLY: Triple Attack, it retails for $19.99 and consists of the origonal Broly movies and the newly released English Versions of the other two broly movies. I recommed you all pick this set up.[/FONT]