Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've recently purchased this game, and already I'm in love with it. I adore the strategy type battle; the two main characters, so far, are hilarious, enjoyable to watch, their vo's being well done, as well; the music so far is great, and the graphics are lovely. I like how fast Prince Laharl runs around. It made me laugh the first time I saw. Anyhow, the storyline is intriguing; another important factor. I look forward to playing through this game. Has anyone else played it? What are your thoughts?

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i have heard many greeat things about this game, and there are lots and lots of fans of it, too. by the sounds of the description you gave, i might buy this game too. it looks pretty neat. i like the graffics too.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

I've completely dominated that insanely good game. If you'd like to know anything, please ask here, I'll surely be able to help.

For now, some advice:
Get lots of different classes, and avoid monster types. If you level up regular humans, you get better classes, like, WAY better, especaly angels, and, even later, majins.

Don't rely on storyline characters either. Only Laharl is really worth it, and maybe later on you could use Jennifer if you want.

Use the item world. You level up quick and your weapons become insane.

Yeah, actually, Laharl is mainly the character that I use. He pretty much defeats all the enemies on his own. The only monster types I would bother with are the dragons, and the Manticore (one of which I have, so far). And possibly that Defender monster. But besides Laharl and Etna, the brawlers/pugilists are excellent for dealing out a decent amount of damage. What level have you gotten Laharl to?

Laharl? He's only on 720 something. It's my level 7000 Divine Majin, 6000 Galaxy Mage, and 6000 Surt that I'm proud of.

I guess the level cap is set at 9999? Laharl is at 80 something right now, and although one day I may level him and others up to the highest possible, but that won't be anytime soon. I'm nearly finished the game anyhow.

Yeah, level cap is 9999. I've only reached it 3 times (once with each of the three mentioned above) but I transmigrated back to level one to become stronger. BTW, beating the game is no accomplishment. You still have to beat every extra boss, including Carter, Marjoly, Priere, Baal, and Uber Prinny Baal (His reincarnation.) You won't be seriously powerful untill you reach level 7000 or so for the first time, and have the best weapons maxed out on level 100. For instance, my Divine Majin (Tidus) has a level 100 Yoshi[COLOR=White]t[/COLOR]suna and 3 level 100 Super Robo Suits. All told, I can easily kill any boss except Uber Prinny Baal in one hit.

I mainly just wanted to finish the storyline, for now. I've heard that there are multiple endings. Do you know how many?

Hm... let me think. There are 4 main storyline endings I think... The Etna and Flonne endings... The "conquest of Earth" ending... and the "Lose to Vyers (Midboss) ending.

I think that's 8, if I didn't miss any...

Posted by Unite

i haven't played the game in a while, but i'm pround of my lvl 9999 divine majin with 5.1 million attack power.

Posted by Ant

I rented and really liked it. Very good battle system, and the character designs were done extremely well. Kickass game overall. Perhaps I'll buy it someday :cool:

If you don't, Laharl will rain pepper into your room :cool:

Yeah, I've finished one of the endings now, and I'd definitely recommend it. Although, I would have recommended it a short while after playing the game.