Nintendo Revolution Wish list

Posted by NintendoREV

Yes I know that everyone has talked about stuff like this before, but lets face it you just can't get enough of this stuff. With E3 around the corner I have been thinking a lot about what I would love to see in a new system. So lets get started. Post your dream/wish list of what your Nintendo Revolution would have as options.

Just for starters........
-Hard drive (we all hate buying and using memory cards)
-wireless capability (I know it is coming)
-huge support from all developers, lets face it you need RPGs
-Go with a sleek, cool, and stylish design, not just a kiddy look
-New controller that has built in screen like on the DS (touchability)
-Break the mold and have it play music and DVD and what ever.........come on people the XBOX is great!

Games!
-Link
-Mario
-RPG
-Any EA game
I know that, that list isn't much and is weak but I want to hear what you have to say.

Posted by powerpuff

Cd burner to save games onto the cd

Posted by Random

Though things like HD's would be nice I doub they'll use it. But it would be a heck of an idea.

Posted by Echo

Quoting NintendoREV:
-Hard drive (we all hate buying and using memory cards)
-wireless capability (I know it is coming)
-huge support from all developers, lets face it you need RPGs
-Go with a sleek, cool, and stylish design, not just a kiddy look
-New controller that has built in screen like on the DS (touchability)
-Break the mold and have it play music and DVD and what ever.........come on people the XBOX is great!

Games!
-Link
-Mario
-RPG
-Any EA game
I know that, that list isn't much and is weak but I want to hear what you have to say.

-Hard drive- Eh, it'd be nice, but I really don't mind memory cards. Especially when it comes to things like trading data. I'd probably end up buying the cards anyway, and a HD would jack up the price.

-Wireless Capability- You mean like out of the box Wi-Fi? Yeah, that'd be nice, I guess.

-Support- Would be very, very nice, although support from a few specific, strong developers and Nintendo's first party titles would make the revolution still worth it.

-Design- I really don't care too much. If a console looks kiddy, I would hardly notice. I'm mature enough to not care if it looks "kiddy". If Barbie's Horse Adventure is the best horse game on the market, and I want a horse game, I'll buy it.

-Controller- Something like the Dreamcast controller (EDIT: Referring to his "built-in screen", comparing it to the VMU) would be nice, but I don't want the price of spare controllers to go up just because of a little built-in touch screen used in two or three games. A built in gyroscope could, however, make some really interesting games.

-Music/DVD- I have a PS2, for one thing, plus a CD player in my room and 2 other DVD players in my house. I'd rather this not be in there, to keep the price down.

-Games- First party Nintendo titles, of course. Namco, Capcom, Square-Enix, and others would be nice to have on board, as well. EA can keep their hands off of it, for all I care.

Anywho, as for what I'd like to see, there's out-of-the box internet access (Wi-Fi, as mentioned earlier, would be nice but not needed), and really just fun games. In my opinion, the console doesn't need lots of bells and whistles. I prefer my Gamecube, which can only play games, to the X-Box, which can do a whole lot else.

*Moved to Future Systems*

Posted by Random

Why the dreamcast controller? I have a Dreamcast and I hate the controller setup. And though the gamecube is nice which only plays games, A lot of people went out and bought consoles just because they were able to play DVD's. I play DVD's all the time on my PS2 or Xbox. It would have been an added bonus for the Cube but it didn't ruin the console at all. Afterall their "Gaming Consoles" not home entertainment consoles.

Posted by Echo

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Why the dreamcast controller? I have a Dreamcast and I hate the controller setup.

I guess I worded my statement wrong. I was responding to what he had said about a "built-in screen", and I was really referring to the Dreamcast VMU. While I don't particularly mind hte Dreamcast controller, I'd prefer something better myself.

And I don't really care why other people bought certain consoles, I said what would make me want to buy it the most. My perfect console might not sell as much as another's, but I'd love it myself.

Posted by Random

Makes Sense.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

As always, I wish for a Zelda game at launch. Thus far, my wish has yet to come true.

Posted by Speedfreak

Above everything else, I want it to do well. I want it to trash Nintendo's image among the average gamer that they're a "kiddy" company with "no games" and are "failing". All of those have been accused of Gamecube, all of which entirely false. I want being a Nintendo fan to be seen as just a "normal", even trendy thing to be. I want them to be seen for what they really are, a bloody great company with amazing, original ideas worlds apart from the competition.

Posted by Golden Archer

I have only one thing I want, a online mario game that is either like Harvest moon or SSBM... Oh and HD would be nice.

Posted by RAHU

I hope it has internet capabilities, and the same comtroler scheme. I think the Cubes controler set up is the best and can't be improved.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i'd be realy happy if the revolutions increased nintendos rep. amongst all gamers. everyone keeps saying how nintendo are childish and behind with the graphics and gameplay, wehn, in tru fact, they are out infrotn. if the revolutions console was beneficial to everyone more than the other two competiters, then i woud be satisfied. of course, it'd have to have good games as well. cool.

Posted by maian

Quoting Speedfreak: Above everything else, I want it to do well. I want it to trash Nintendo's image among the average gamer that they're a "kiddy" company with "no games" and are "failing". All of those have been accused of Gamecube, all of which entirely false. I want being a Nintendo fan to be seen as just a "normal", even trendy thing to be. I want them to be seen for what they really are, a bloody great company with amazing, original ideas worlds apart from the competition.

Agreed.

Other things? I love the Gamecube. If the Revolution was exactly like the GC, and assuming the graphics are at par with the other systems it'd be great. For those of you who don't understand, I mean good controllers, no crazy additions, memory cards or not....just a good system that I can use to play games that I have the wallet to pay for.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]A brand new Donkey Kong Country game. Ever since DCK3 i've been hoping for one. The only game that came close was Donkey Kong 64, but not quite it.[/COLOR]

Posted by saiyanknight

heres a short list of what it needs

-Good Graphics
-Great Games(wouldn't be hard)
-MMORPGs without the fees, (a nintendo made one, they should have a go)
-WIFI (with compatability with the NDS)
-plays CD's and Gamecube disks
-Online Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros game :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Aioros: A brand new Donkey Kong Country game. Ever since DCK3 i've been hoping for one. The only game that came close was Donkey Kong 64, but not quite it.

You do realise Rare made those, correct? I mean, sure, another Nintendo house could do it, but it'd never have the feel of a Rare game.

Posted by boomstick

Graphics that are at par with other next-gen consoles, that's a must for survival in the next gen, IMO.

More 3rd party support, it's obvious that Nintendo can stand on it's own with little support from 3rd parties, but it's also obvious they can't survive forever or get far in the race, just look were the GCN stands in this generation.

A maturer excepting Nintendo and, no I don't mean we need to see GTA Mario style, but Nintendo themselves have never went into the mature game department, they say thier for everybody, everybody includes mature gamers, as well.
Whether it be Nintendo or them relying on 2nd and 3rd party companies.
That's actually looking to come true with releases of games like Geist and Eternal Darkness published by Nintendo.

Some new series, we all love Mario, Zelda, F-Zero and the whole Nintendo crew and I'm not saying throwing out to the wind, that's just plain stupid, but there's nothing wrong with going out on a limb and making new franchises to appease other audiences outside the Nintendo fans.

Add Online Play, I believe the Revolution is, in fact, going with this feature so I won't go into it.

Kill Kirby.

Posted by Dark Link

Just Gonna say this for everyone else :)

SSB3 WITH ONLINE CAPACITY :p

Seriously who doesn't want the next SSB game to be online!?

Posted by Axis

I want a better controller, the Gamecube one wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't the best. Other than that, new game idea's from Nintendo, like they did with Pikmin. Other than that I agree with everyone else on Online capabilities and good graphics.

Posted by Waluigi Ice Cream

I'm a big fan of WarioWare. Anyways,

Hard Drive is just gonna make the price higher,and I don't really mind memory cards.

Who needs a mp3 player? When you got iPod.

I don't really notice kiddy stuff today. RE4(Resident Evil 4) ain't kiddy.

And I would like to see something like WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games,but with WarioWare Touched! stuff.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: You do realise Rare made those, correct? I mean, sure, another Nintendo house could do it, but it'd never have the feel of a Rare game.

[COLOR=Yellow]Rare doesn't need to be involved for me to enjoy it. I just miss seeing Donkey and Diddy travel through numerous environments while collecting bananas and koins until finally reaching K.Rool. I miss Rambi, i miss Enguarde, and the rest of the animals that helped you get through the levels. I miss the cool bosses at the end of each level, and i miss the entire Kremlin clan in general. I miss the humor in the games like Diddy rapping and Dixie playing guitar at the end of each level. I miss the memorable music that made the games so special(some of which can be heard in 2 of the 3 DK Smash Bros levels). If Nintendo manages to bring all those elements together and deliver an experience similar to what Rare did but in a 3D perspective i'll be happy.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Well yeah, but I'm just saying, how could Nintendo dleiver that experience without the musicians and level designers that made those games so great in the first place? They could get something similar, but a true fan would notice the difference.

Well, most of the Goldeneye team left Rare after Perfect Dark. How many of the Donkey Kong Country team are still with the company?

Posted by Speedfreak

Actually it was a designer and a programmer, that's it. There were 2 designers on Perfect Dark and Goldneye, David Doak and Ken Lobb. Lobb is still with Rare, Doak left to form Free Radical.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i wouldn't mind seeing a change to the donkey kong series. they're geting realy boring these days. goldeneye was cool though.

I thought more than just one person from the Goldeneye team was with Free Radical, which is why the Timesplitters series is so good/popular.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nope, just one of the designers. That's all it takes, really. I only found this out recently, and I must say I was relieved to find Perfect Dark Zero has every chance of being as great as Perfect Dark.

Posted by sorethumbs

what ever happened to DK Racing

Posted by Morag2

I'm not too concerned with the system itself... internet would be nice as long as it's cheap and a nice controller thats comfy would also be good (I loved the Gamecube controller so something like that would be nice)... I also think having something cool like voice recognition would be really neat... but I can see the problems involved in that...

What I'm mainly concerned about is the games it is released with and the price of games/system. I'd like the see the systems selling for fairly cheap after the first couple of years (I'm not a buy early kind of guy)... like maybe 2 years after release selling for $250 canadian(about $200 U.S.)... I'm probably dreaming though and games selling in the same range as now... $30 canadian for old games, $60 for new. I'd also like to see a good pokemon game (see Pokemon Colisseum for what I consider a bad pokemon game), a nice zelda, and of course an awesome new mario in the first couple of years... if Nintendo pulls all that off I for one will be incredibly impressed. Sorry about the long post by the way.

Posted by nich

I want to see nintendo make steps towards the mainstreem while still sticking to their roots, u no, not too left not too right but in the middle.