Signature Character Limit

Posted by Alastor

ffs, remove the freaking thing. It's becoming a pain. Make it like a certain amount of words or something instead. I can't even fit a small AIM snippet in with a banner anymore because of this limit. Remove it, extend it...anything. Just do something about it, please.

Posted by maian

400 characters is a horrible limit. Just....remove it. >_>

Posted by Roger Smith

I agree with Alastor. I mean, as big as VGC there should be a larger limit in the sig. Extend it just a little bit.

Yes, what Maian said.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Bump it up to 700 or 800. If your sig still doesn't fit after that, then yes, it's too big.

Posted by sabre

The idea of a signature character limit is pretty stupid. More often than not, it's the images that are the killers; and character limits fight text more than anything else. Someone couldn't have a medium-lengthed meaningful quote in there, yet they could have a huge 1600x1200 InuYasha wallpaper.

Destroy it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

::::Bump it up to 700 or 800. If your sig still doesn't fit after that, then yes, it's too big.

Ha! Look who's talking! Some one who places a massivly BIG image in his signiture. Hypocrite. This isn't an art site. Go to the art board to post ur images!

It's at 1500. It's either that and no images, or back to the way it was with the images.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Jesse Smith: .

Ha! Look who's talking! Some one who places a massivly BIG image in his signiture. Hypocrite. This isn't an art site. Go to the art board to post ur images!

Let's try not to get too sassy for your glasses, Smithy.

Back to the way it was with images, please.

Posted by Klarth

Signatures without images are lame.

Of course, I'm one to talk...

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Image restrictions (max 600x300, for example) are much better than no sig pics at all...

Posted by Scorpion

I think it has just been made into no pictures in sigs. Nobody is going to click on the link just to see the image. I hope this is changed back.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Jesse you tit! Sort it out!

This is teh ghey!

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Jesse Smith: It's at 1500. It's either that and no images, or back to the way it was with the images.

Just keep the limit. If a sig is too big, the Super Mods can edit it out.

Four hundred characters is a perfectly acceptable sig limit, ffs. If you want that many characters in your sig, put it in an image.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Set back to 400.* Screw those who want to place a web page in there signiture. Go some where else to make a web page.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

is more than enough room for text.

:::If a sig is too big, the Super Mods can edit it out.

Moron. They don't edit sigs unless it's a member they don't like, ie a n00bie. Heck, look at Linkmans sig. They praised his cool signiture. And he's a Super Mod.

Posted by Klarth

er, does this character limit include text space taken up by code like [img] tags? because that'd be shayte if it did.

Posted by G-Sides

Yeah. The fact that it counts the tags as text is also pretty dumb. I barely have any space left in my sig for any more text and my siggie is small. :(

I'd say G-Sides' sig is actually about the right length. And that's only because it's tiny text - were it any larger, it'd be too big.

Posted by Hyper

I added that limit in during an attempt to reduce some obnoxious signature sizes. Jesse, I think there's a hack that automatically reduces signature image sizes out. That'd be grand to install.

Posted by G-Sides

Psh, I just made the text tiny because it looks neater. =-O

But yeah, if any of you remembers IdiotCircusBoy's (Momentum's) old siggie with the good things/bad things lists, then things like that are the ones I'd consider to long. Maybe a ...900 char siggie limit but limited to one image no larger than 200 x 200? :-\

Posted by crazylife

WTf. It's not like it's already too big. 300 - 500 characters is just about right. But who the fu*k am i to say anything?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=G-Sides]one image no larger than 200 x 200? :-\

NO. 200x200 is too small for a sig, by a long shot. All my banners are 300x100 or bigger. And as for one image, I remember on the vb2 when we had an image limit. We couldn't have more than one image even if it was an emoticon.

For those who don't know, the standard banner size is usually 468x80, I think. That's why I suggested a 500x200 limit.

Posted by loony636

I still see it at 400. Is something wrong with my computer?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Wings: For those who don't know, the standard banner size is usually 468x80, I think. That's why I suggested a 500x200 limit.

468x60, but that's for advertising banners, not necessarily signatures.

Gah! I can never remember whther it's 60 or 80...

However, I'd suggest the same limit for sig banners. It's big enough for any images you might want or need.

*reiterates his pre-stated limit*

Posted by Supermario

I don't think it should be any larger, the limit is fine as it is. I have seen some really big signatures and some of them should just be taken off.

Posted by Hyper

I dunno, the length is decent, but I think the height is too short.

Posted by Dreadnought

Pft; I think a word limit with pictures would be the most convenient.

Posted by junior senior

Pfft, that's nothing. AIMGirl has a limit of the SIGNATURE having to be 575x250. Not just pictures, the whole thing.

But fix it. :(

Posted by mis0

Jesus, until this I didn't even know there was a limit. Maybe you're all too obsessive about sigs..?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Man, Jak Pattinson seems to agree with a lot of people....