Star Ocean Thread

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Well out of the 3 i would say that the second one is my favorite. Mostly becuase the the first one i never played the 3ed just got boring and i hate the way you make items in that one. The item creation was a bit annoying becuase of when the items is all screwed up when making them and just takes to long in the second one but it wasn't as bad as in the 3ed one it was decent but i didn't have a fancy for it. plus it drained your money like no tommoro.

Also i miss the good old battle system in and set-up in 2. #3 just got me confused if anything at least in the begining. I'm not saying the star ocean 3 is a bad game. I mean it has plenty of stuff that the second one didn't like the 2 player fighting and the graphics are fantastic and The game realy sounds good(something the second one really lacks). I'll think of more reasons later.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Random Point: There is a star ocean show based on Star ocean 2 called Star Ocean EX. I just found out this recently I wonder why it wasn't released in the US? iether way i'm going to get it soon :)

Posted by Legend Saber

Dragon, technically, Till the End of Time was the fourth Star Ocean game. There was a Japanese Star Ocean game that came out for the Game Boy Color called Star Ocean: Blue Sphere. It was basically a follow-up to the second game.

Anyway, I love what I've seen of the Star Ocean series, I've played both The Second Story and Till the End of Time, and I thought they were both brilliant Action/RPG's.

Posted by Klarth

The original star ocean rocked my socks off beyond belief. I really despised The Second Story, and I haven't played tteot. yet.

Posted by William

I loved the original and "The Second Story". Haven't played the others yet though.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

incase anyone cares the star ocean: blue shere is a continuation of the second star ocean except worse because of the primitive graphics and it was only for gameboy so there wasn't much control. I went looking for it becuase i was curious what the game was about. It's like the looks of all the characters got downgraded except for dias and ashton. at least in the pics i've seen.