Browsers

Posted by sabre

I was wondering which browsers everyone's using, and how long they've been using them.

I use Opera, and have been doing so since about August/September 2004.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mozilla.

I've been using it for quite awhile not. To sure how long though.

Posted by Fiindil

Mozilla Firefox, erm, 2 years? back when it was called Firebird

Posted by Nizmo

AOL's default browser. Everything else seems slower. I've been using it for quite some time. Around February 2002, I think.

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

Mozilla Firefox. A member on my forums said for me to give it a try, so I did and I stuck with it. Internet Explorer sucks.

Posted by Fallen

Ares... and Mozilla... Mozilla for a little while and I just started using Ares.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Mozilla Firefox currently. Been using it since 1.0 and used to use Mozilla for Linux since I can remember.

Posted by Big Boss

Mozilla Firefox 1.0, which I've been using since last week, which was about the same time I got online with my new PC. Before that, I used the older version of Mozilla, which I had been using since last summer.

Posted by Hyper

Mozilla Firefox. Though I have tried Opera and I like it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I use Firefox, as well. Have been for quite some time now.

Posted by Proto Man

Internet explorer 6, it does the job. I don't need 2 browsers on my computer.

Posted by Mixhael

Just recently updated... I mostly use Internet Explorer 6. Sometimes Netscape Navigator 4.7, but that's it. My computer is too old for me to chance getting Mozilla Firefox, but if IE keeps acting up, I may have no choice.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Ayumu Yumi: Internet Explorer sucks.

Agreed.

I started using Mozilla Firefox around March of last year, and never turned back since. Before that I had used IE, and before that, EarthLink's dial-up internet. I've come a long way since then, indeed...

Oh, and I've also been curious as to how Opera and/or CrazyBrowser would perform for me. I might just have to try both of them soon... if any of you have tried or have CrazyBrowser, is it any good?

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

Quoting Corrupt: if any of you have tried or have CrazyBrowser, is it any good?

http://www.crazybrowser.com

It uses the IE engine, it just gives you tabbed windows, popup blocker, etc.. All of which are available in Firefox.

I have never used Opera.

Posted by Trigger

I use Mozilla Firefox and I have been doing so for about six months or more.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Ayumu Yumi: http://www.crazybrowser.com

It uses the IE engine, it just gives you tabbed windows, popup blocker, etc.. All of which are available in Firefox.

I have never used Opera.

Anything IE based is just as bad as having IE itself.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Corrupt: Oh, and I've also been curious as to how Opera...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/sabredogsuplex/browser.jpg[/IMG]

There's the general interface. The only real drawback is the adverts, and you stop noticing them before long at all. If you buy it, they're not there, but... I'm cheap. :] Regardless, it's got a whole host of neat features to it, gestures being one of my favourites, and the pretty combo boxes depending on skin being the most trivial.

Gestures are where all it takes is a quick swoop of the mouse with the RMB depressed to open a new tab, go back, forwards, minimise the tab, open a link, close a tab... zehr useful. I prefer this to any other browser I've seen by far.

Posted by Osic

Arrh ads! Firfox all the way for me. Cant stand IE. Too bad you cant just deleate it, havent used it for at least 6 months, it just sits there, a backdoor to my computer, I could firewall block it from the net but then MSN doesnt work. **** you Microwsoft

Posted by NegativeTrend

Quoting Sabredog]Microsoft won't feel threatened, they're far too big for Mozilla to make much of an impact with just a browser. If Microsoft needed to, they'd just release a new Internet Explorer that sports all the same features as the other browsers is even more compatable than ever before and just hype it up a bit. A lot of people will still use it, if it comes with the operating system and there will always be those people who are uneducated with how flawless Microsoft's products are.

Having said that, Mozilla Firefox is a risk just as much as Internet Explorer is. Their open source strategy makes things less secure and the more that Firefox is used, the more likely it will become a target for hackers, since the majority would now be using it instead of Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Nothing is ever safe and sadly, Microsoft always have the ball in their court.

[quote=Osic]I could firewall block it from the net but then MSN doesnt work.
MSN Messenger would still work, you just wouldn't be able to use the link to your e-mail inbox without downloading a program that allows you to switch the browser MSN Messenger uses from Internet Explorer to whatever browser you currently use. I don't let MSN Messenger handle my inbox anyway, I left IE for a reason and I don't plan to use it when there's other alternatives.

Block Internet Explorer, go right ahead. When you want to check your inbox or send an e-mail, just go to Hotmail's sign in page and view it manually. It takes a few extra moments, sure but it's better than having Internet Explorer in use. Don't attempt to uninstall Internet Explorer, though; that program is so closely built to the operating system that uninstalling it could cause more headaches than it as worth. It being so close to the OS makes it the chief reason that it opens so quickly, in comparison to other browsers. Anyway, if you block it from using any services, it shouldn't be abused. At most, if you don't want to block it, you could request that it asks your permission before it does anything regarding the Internet. That way, if it asks something and you had done nothing to trigger it asking, you can assume it's being exploited and deny it permission. If something failed to work, you can just give it permission the next time it asks.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Now using Firefox BangBang build with SSE2 functions and more speeeed.

Posted by Klarth

Konquerer, firefox and IE, depending on which computer I'm using and where I am.

Posted by Echo

Mozilla Firefox, as I have been for about 6 months. Before that I used another version of Mozilla. I've never consistently used IE on my home computer. Heh, last night I got onto a friend's laptop who only had IE, and began to press CTRL+T. Got me a few laughs.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Firefox, that is all.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Internet Explorer V6

Posted by Ch

Internet Explorer. I like it. It gets me to the sites, I just have to run Ad-Aware like 6 times though

Posted by loony636

Mozilla Firefox for about 1 and a half years.

Posted by brownoystercult

Mozilla Firefox. I was recently introduced to it and love it. I've been using it for about a month now. I have had some problems with it though. Such as it deleting my favorites and all my user accounts. But I think I'll stick with this one for a while. But the tab browsing is certainly the best feature of it. Awesome.

Posted by FLiPBoY

I use Mozilla Firefox. I was introduced to it by a friend about a month ago and I haven't switched back to Internet Explorer and don't think I ever will. I was a bit confused at first with the shortcuts for the favorites.. On IE, it was alt->F>and then whatever letter for the name of the site, but now for Mozilla Firefox its alt->B>

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I use Internet Explorer. It crashes on me every once in a while but I can live with it.

Posted by VicE

Firefox here. Been using since... about September or October, I guess. I don't see myself going back to Internet Exploder anytime soon, except for the one or two sites I've come across that make Firefox freak out for some reason.