Judge for off-topic?

Posted by Raptor

Since I am still by some miracle a super moderator, and hope to stay that way, I believe a new moderator should be elected for the off-topic boards. The Judge seems to be the perfect candidate for the task. The reasons:

-He's intelligent and usually exhibits very good judgement.
-He has some moderating experience with his blog, and I see the potential in him to be an excellent moderator.
-He is an upstanding member who is generally very liked and respected, and I view him as a VGC role model.
-He is very involved with the community, obviously.
-He's The Judge, man.

**Votes yes**

Posted by maian

A very suitable candidate.

Posted by Hyper

I voted no. There's more experienced members that could fill the spot.

Posted by netman

I voted yes. He went from being "Who???" to one of the more recognizable and intelligent members around here in a short time, and I think he could really do well at off topic.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Hyper: I voted no. There's more experienced members that could fill the spot.

Could you perhaps name a few of the members that you think would be better suited for the spot? I'm curious.

And I voted yes.

Posted by Pit

I think Kodachi can handle it nor do I think he's been here long enough to earn the spot. Popularity isn't everything.

Posted by Altinure

nothing against judge, but i don't think off topic needs any more mods. nearly all the supermods check it daily.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Pit: Popularity isn't everything.

Obviously, which is why I listed several other reasons.

Posted by Hyper

Iris, bazariah, and Xenos all come to mind. Besides, Kodachi has it covered I think, along with the Super Mod's.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I was hesitant to vote for him at first, but after reading Raptor and Netman's responses (whose opinions I respect more than most others here), I figured I should take more consideration into my vote. I came to the conclusion that the guy's active enough, we lack sufficient moderators for those boards (though altinure does have a good point, I still feel we need two mods), he did a wonderful job with his blog, he's intelligent enough, and he seems like he'd stay at this forum. I vote yes.

Posted by Klarth

Unnh... I don't have anything against him in the slightest, and he's a great guy, but I really don't think he's right for the pos yet. And it might sound a tad hypocritical of me, but I'm going to resort to the "we don't need another mod for that board" philosophy. It's true; kodachi's had that area for a hell of a not long time.

So no, not yet.

Posted by sabre

Like Shin-Ra, I was originally kinda hesitant. I didn't really have much of an opinion on the matter, and though I like the guy, I was intending to leave it to the people whose opinions are more definite. Having given it due consideration, however, I do agree that the Off Topic board now feels kinda naked (yes, I know, we have all the supermods as Altinure said, but it's a busy part of the board - a helping hand wouldn't go amiss), and he's got enough seniority as a member and wisdom as a person to handle the job proficiently. Also, the fact that Kodachi voted him to co-mod alongside strengthened it - I'm pretty opposed to giving co-mods to people who don't want their boards co-modded.

So, yeah, all's good.

Posted by Alastor

If it's needed and Kodachi wants some help, I got no problem with it.

Posted by Dexter

I think he is well-motivated and he seems dedicated to the forums. There may be a few candidates that possibly deserve the position more than him, but I think he is adequate enough for the responsibility, although the forums he is getting placed in are of high importance. I would be even more willing to vote yes if it was in a less-popular forum. The off-topic forums are quite the accomplishment to get into.

Yes.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I would vote yes, except it was a the naughty nasty hacker that nominated him, there for he might also be a hacker. :D:D:D

Ack! He's winning! We might end up with a second hacker moding!!!!!!! :(:(:(

Posted by Klarth

fah; I change my mind. mod 'im

Posted by sabre

Changed yer vote.

I think it's relatively safe to skip him into the spot, I don't think he's going to lose now.

Posted by The Judge

Well, all I have to say is thank you so much to those of you who voted for me. I greatly appreciate it.