Jade Empire

Posted by Eagle

Iv'e been thinking about buying this game and i wanted to know some peoples point of view before.

I have read some reviews and from what iv'e seen it looks like a pretty good game. Has anyone got this game? if so heres some questions.

1. Is it easy to get the hang of?
2. Are the graphics good?
3. Whats the gameplay like?
4. After completing it, would it be worth playing through again?

Thats all i think lol any help on making my mind up would be good.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Eagle: 1. Is it easy to get the hang of?

Yes, it has a very easy pick and play feel.

Quoting Eagle: 2. Are the graphics good?

Yep, it suffers from the same problem KOTOR did, overused faces, but nothing really bothersome.

Quoting Eagle: 3. Whats the gameplay like?

Action-based with several different stlyed and magic attacks, I find that aspect to be far superior to turn-based RPG's.

Quoting Eagle: 4. After completing it, would it be worth playing through again?

Though I've not completed it yet, it as the same choice system from KOTOR.

Most likely if you liked KOTOR, you'll love this one.

Posted by Eagle

Thanks for the help, i went out earlier and bought it and i think it's a really good game.
The graphics are good and the combat is excellent.

How far are you into the game?

I played for a few hours and got addicted lol your right anyone who likes KOTOR will thoroughly enjoy this game!!

Posted by Dexter

I gave the game a little of my time this morning and found it utterly dull. I wanted to do more exploring but most of my time was taken up with meager chattering and ham-fisted fighting. I suppose this just isn't quite my style. I'll certainly give it more time and see where it goes.

Posted by Axis

I played the game and found it pretty awesome, I'd pick it up.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Eagle: How far are you into the game?

I'm inflitrating the Lotus Assassions fortress to find evidence for the Emperor against Death Hand, I'm about to begin training under one of the Lotus Masters.

I'm not really sure how far I am into the game, I'm actually taking it slow, since I've heard it's rather short for a RPG.

Posted by Random

I would Love to buy Jade Empire. I hear many think it's the best XBox RPG which is hard to believe since KOTOR and KOTOR II were pretty sweet.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I would Love to buy Jade Empire. I hear many think it's the best XBox RPG which is hard to believe since KOTOR and KOTOR II were pretty sweet.

The same level of the KOTOR games, yeah, but better, hmmm..., I've to seriously think about that one.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]KotOR was great for a double play because of the light/dark side aspect of the game. Each side is a completely different experience complete with two very different endings. From the reviews i've read Jade Empire is just a bit better than KotOR, but i doubt it has the same replay value.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

I beat the game with the Open Palm side, I'm about to start on a file with the Closed Fist path.

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]KotOR was great for a double play because of the light/dark side aspect of the game. Each side is a completely different experience complete with two very different endings. From the reviews i've read Jade Empire is just a bit better than KotOR, but i doubt it has the same replay value.[/COLOR]

KOTOR and JE's choice system are very similar, you get different outcomes and different reactions from certain people you meet, like KOTOR, as far as endings, don't know, but it has a good amount of replay.

Posted by ARC

How many times are you going to post boomstick! you post to much. stop posting.
and to answer the question, jade empire is a pretty good game.

Posted by project101

the game is not all that good that good in my opinion the combat sucks and its a kungfu game good combat is important thew graphics a pretty good but its so repetive it became so boring I didn't finish it