What do you play?

Posted by mis0

Any instruments you play?

Personally, I learned to play the xylophone and was a child PRODIGY or so I wish, but I was actually pretty good. I've taught myself enough guitar to play songs I hear off the radio or whatever by ear, and I experiment with my big GEM keyboard and laptop. My own music laboritory! I also have an autoharp and a flute around which I can play, just pretty poorly at that.

EDIT: And this nifty ocarina from Peru which makes a **** nice sound but I can't play anything on, really.

Posted by MetalVox~55

You get a cookie. :rolleyes:

I play guitar.

Posted by Altinure

I play electric guitar and drums.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Guitar and keyboard.

Posted by Porcupine

Can play guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and harmonica, somewhat.

Posted by sabre

Primarily the bass guitar, though I've been on the keyboard for longer.

Posted by Richaod

I've played piano for absolutely ages.

Euphonium for... almost two years.
Guitar for nearly a year.

My skill at them is probably ranked in order. Those spaces between them mean something, too.

Posted by Klarth

nothing.

I did take piano lessons for three days, though. the teacher told me to **** off and never come back.

Posted by Gollum

Drums, for one year.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

saxophone (all types), baritone, tuba, guitar (I suck)

Posted by Corrupt

I had taken up playing guitar for about a year and a half before, but I haven't been playing hardly at all anymore. I regret it, but I still do have the guitar, so I'll probably take it out one of these days and start strumming on it again. I also played piano for the longest time when I was younger, and I would really like to learn how to play the drums better, since I'm confident with my sense of rhythm.

Posted by Ch

I play Violin, guitar, and harmonica

Posted by Lethal Shadow

I play Cello and keyboard.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Majesty: nothing.

I did take piano lessons for three days, though. the teacher told me to **** off and never come back.

Hahaha, punkasfeck.

Posted by coromoro

I play the alto saxophone and used to play piano.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've been playing the piano since I was six years old. I still enjoy playing it. It's one of my favourite instruments. I have up to grade eight (Royal Conservatory), until I decided that I didn't want to bother with lessons. Learning songs that I enjoyed more by myself is much nicer.

I also know how to play Alto Sax. I played it mainly from grade seven to ten, I believe. Incredibly easy to learn, and pretty easy to play. It's fun, although not nearly my favourite instrument.

Although I do own an electric guitar, I haven't played it much. I've been meaning to teach myself in my spare time, but haven't quite gotten around to accomplishing much yet.

I suppose I'll mention Garritan Personal Orchestra, a program in which to create your own music. I've always loved composing, and usually use my keyboard for that, but this program is wonderful. I can't begin to explain how much I'm in love with it.

Of course, I can also play the recorder. I bought an ocarina some time ago, but it sounds identical to the recorder. I was disappointed, to say the least.

I hope to buy a violin someday, as I'd love to learn how to play. Besides the piano, it's another of my favourites.

Posted by Raptor

I have never seriously played an instrument but I am interested in learning to play the drums, since I usually make drumming sound effects with my mouth and quite frequently gallivant around drumming on things with various objects for the hell of it.

Posted by Trigger

I can play the Trombone, guitar and piano. I learned a little bit of Cello from a friend, so I can play a few songs but I won't really call that as something I can properly play. Oh and like Raptor said...

[quote=Raptor]I am interested in learning to play the drums, since I... ...frequently gallivant around drumming on things with various objects for the hell of it.

Posted by sniper

I played the trombone for a few years, though if you handed me one now, I would be totally lost.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting MetalVox~55: I play guitar.

...Although I'm not too bad at playing bass, either.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Raptor: I usually make drumming sound effects with my mouth and quite frequently gallivant around drumming on things with various objects for the hell of it.

That is exactly what I do these days. I used to play drums quite dexterously for years, but I somehow get uncomfortable whenever I sit down to play them now, probably because it conjures up gloomy memories from my drumming days.

I have aspirations to enhance my gaiter playing skills, but who knows when I'll actually get around to it.

Posted by Shade

I've playing the violin for about...three years now. That's it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Trumpet for 4 years. Currently enjoys playing FF and MGS music:cool:

Posted by Dandelion

Clarinet, attempting to learn guitar and violin and piano, desperately want a bass guitar and saxophone. I think I will get a sax, as in this summer.

Posted by Axis

I play guitar.

Posted by Xenos

Uchiha Itachi agrees: Hey..I remember you from VGS. Why were you so hated there? You seem to be top of the top here

Posted by Shin-Ra

I played cornet in the school band for a few years and guitar for myself for about a year's time. I did not particularly care for either of these and I don't have any real intention to play them again. My creative ambitions are not dead though, as I plan to start looking for a suitable drum set and researching on it as much as possible in the mean time.

Posted by loony636

I played the Violin for a while. But now I play the Piano. I'm also in the school choir. My sister plays the violin, Oboe AND the Piano. My 7 year old brother plays the flute and my dad played the cello for >1 second. We are a very musical family,

Posted by TheSecondComing

Im the typical punk guitarist guy. I took lessons for ages and now I'm freewheeling.

I also take pride in the fact that I have never learnt an uncool instrument :cool:

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting TheSecondComing: Im the typical punk guitarist guy.
You can only play a couple barre chords? :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Simple: They hate furries.

Yes, and no. JLC (Who has an account here) is one of the biggest furries around and one of the most respected members.

They simply hated Dex for how he acted, which was, even I'll admit, pretty retarded. Though I assume that was his point.

Posted by Dreadnought

I played the piano briefly, hated it. Played the recorder because of mandatory school policy, despised those phallic symbols.
I am now learning to play the bass guitar (deep sounds turn me on) and I love it, but my abilities are those of a mental midget. I am the avatar of mediocrity!.

Posted by Hyper

I've played guitar for five years, though not very well, despite classes and lessons. I need to work on my timing mainly.

Posted by auzzman5151

Ive been playing guitar and keyboard/synthesizer for 3 years and im wanting to learn the saxaphone.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

me too pal. i play keyboard still, but i pulled away from keyboards and pianos because they were xtrmely common. there's no point trying to play uniquely if everyone else is playing the same instrunemt.

i had a couple of lessons on the drumkits to.