Best Final Fantasy SoundTrack?

Posted by Curtis1967

For me I would have to say Final Fantasy Tactics. I have played FFT so many times it has been my favorite for along time and the soundtrack I can sing in my head at anytime. To come in at a close second would be FFVII. When it comes to game play they are different games because one is stratagy and the other is a normal adventurous RPG.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Hmm, this is a toughie. I particularily enjoy the FFVIII soundtrack, I suppose the most, although FFVII, X, and Tactics follow behind quite closely. IX is also enjoyable. Bah, I don't really have a favourite.

Posted by William

My favorite Final Fantasy soundtracks happen to be FFVI, FFIX, and FFIV.

FFVI has the best OST overall. I quite enjoy Mog's theme, the Haunted Forest/Phantom Train, and Kefka's song...

FFIX has the best boss themes. Especially the last two bosses. (The "Dark Messenger" theme is one of the best VG songs ever in my opinion.)

FFIV...Golbez's theme mainly.

Posted by Sean Fury

Final Fantasy VII has the best soundtrack, hands down. If there's anything I listen to more than anything else, it's FFVII's soundtrack. Nobuo Uematsu is one of the most brillant men that has ever existed, the music he composes is beyond amazing, it's a simply orgasmic experience just to hear even the Fan-Fare from the end of each battle in FFVII! My favorite of all his work is definately Eletric De Chocobo, though Still More Fighting (Final Fantasy VII's boss theme), and Waltz For the Moon follows behind very closely. Every song has it's own significance, it's own originality, every song is it's own and completely diffrent from the rest: unlike many other bands, whose songs sound so similar to each other. Nobuo Uematsu never copies himself (except for the Chocobo music, which sounds similar occasionally, but come on, they're Chocobos). *coughs* Ahem, the point is, Final Fantasy VII definately has the best soundtrack, whether it be Those Chosen By the Planet (Sephiroth's first theme) or Still Fighting (the battle theme) you're listening to. Just an amazing work of art.

Posted by Klarth

Final Fantasy VI, easily. Sure, it was sequenced in .spc, but the remixes you can find on ocr are beaaautiful.

Shadow's theme was possibly the best track in that game, anyway.

Posted by Xenos

Most of them had beautiful songs really, I can't really choose from any of them.

I suppose FF6's songs was among the better, though most of the other games, VII, VIII, IX, X has great songs--I think the only game who's songs I didn't enjoy was FFX-2. A little too... well, the type of song the usual twelve-year-old would listen too.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

My fave soundtrack is definitely FF6, but 7 and Tactics were great too.

The rest just suited the game, but weren't "above and beyond", in my opinion.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I myself prefer that of Final Fantasy X, followed by VII and VIII. I am not a huge fan of old school non-orachestrated scores in games, but they are starting to grow on me a lot more lately.

Posted by Blaegar

My favourite music from a final fantasy game was in FFX when you have to fight jecht. That music rocked

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting William: My favorite Final Fantasy soundtracks happen to be FFVI, FFIX, and FFIV.

FFVI has the best OST overall. I quite enjoy Mog's theme, the Haunted Forest/Phantom Train, and Kefka's song...

FFIX has the best boss themes. Especially the last two bosses. (The "Dark Messenger" theme is one of the best VG songs ever in my opinion.)

FFIV...Golbez's theme mainly.

Glad to see somebody else appreciates the classics. All the songs you listed for FF6 were great, but don't forget about the World of Balance overworld theme. A really beautiful, solemn song.

Golbez' theme was pretty good, but I think the Zeromus fight, and the "Prologue" are the best songs from FF4. The Tower of Babil was cool too.

I think FF4, FF6, and Mystic Quest had the best music (and that's about all Mystic Quest has going for it, unfortunately.) FF7 had some great ones as well (I always loved Honey Bee Manor's theme for some reason.) I think FF3 (NES version) had the best battle theme music.

Posted by William

[quote]Glad to see somebody else appreciates the classics. All the songs you listed for FF6 were great, but don't forget about the World of Balance overworld theme. A really beautiful, solemn song.

Golbez' theme was pretty good, but I think the Zeromus fight, and the "Prologue" are the best songs from FF4. The Tower of Babil was cool too.

I actually don't remember what those sound like anymore, so I couldn't list them.

I lost my FFVI soundtrack that came along with Final Fantasy Anthologies long ago. :(

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I believe that FFVI, VII, and VIII are my favorites. I did enjoy Alexandria/Vivi's Theme and Vamo Alla Flamenco from FFIX, but I was easily won over by Dancing Mad (from VI), Those who Fight Further, One Winged Angel, Aeris's Theme (VII), Eyes on Me, Force Your Way, and Liberi Fatali (VIII). I did like To Zanarkand and the main battle theme from X, however... and Suteki da ne was a personal favorite...

It's terrible to try to choose a favorite out of all the soundtracks; Nobou Uematsu is a musical genius. They're all great picks, and it's hard to try to pick just one.

If it counts, the Black Mages are wonderful... Their remix with the orchestra for One Winged Angel (performed yesterday in the More Friends concert I went to... ^.^) was a wonderful mix, if it were not for the choir's incompetence in terms of Latin speaking.

Posted by Lulu

Final Fantasy X, I love the music for that game.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Lulu: Final Fantasy X, I love the music for that game.

Which other Final Fantasy games have you played?

X's soundtrack wasn't bad, in comparison to other games, but in comparison to other FF games, it wasn't that great, really.

FF6 has the best soundtrack. Even Nobuo Uematsu agrees with me on that one.

Posted by Dark

FFVIII.

Posted by buddha

Final fantasy 7 without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seto's tune'cosmo canion tune and aeris tune are the best in my opinion.

Quoting Fei-on Castor:
X's soundtrack wasn't bad, in comparison to other games, but in comparison to other FF games, it wasn't that great, really.

Personally, I think FFX has a wonderful soundtrack. Better than most other FF's. 'To Zanarkand' and the ending theme are two of my most favourite FF songs period.

Posted by johnnyjy2k

final fantasy 7 definatly

Posted by Sean Fury

I can play Cosmo Canyon on my guitar, I wish I could record and upload it, it's such an awesome song =/

Posted by boomstick

There all pretty good soundtracks, but I think I enjoyed FFVII the best.

I play all sorts of Final Fantasy songs on my piano. I should record them someday.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Angelwing: I play all sorts of Final Fantasy songs on my piano. I should record them someday.

You should! I'd love to hear them =)