Rule suggestion

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm trying this out in the Nintendo DS board, and people seem to be happy with it. I basically outlawed fanboyish posts, ie posts that include blatently, indisputably wrong information about a game or console, mindless system bashing or a mixture of both.
I reckon everyone would agree with this rule, frankly, seeing as Super Mods had such a hard time of banning HaloPlayingKing a while ago because he wasn't actually banning any established rule. If he popped up in my board right now he would be, and I could quite easily get him banned. I think the boards would be a much nicer place without idiotic fanboys, and deleting fanboyish posts could help prevent the spread of ignorance.

Posted by sabre

Define "fanboyish."

Posted by Speedfreak

"I basically outlawed fanboyish posts, ie posts that include blatently, indisputably wrong information about a game or console, mindless system bashing or a mixture of both."

Posted by Klarth

Seconded. I'm obviously not going to encounter many of those in my boards, but I can see how irritating it could be.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, it's insanely irritating. EVERYONE complains about fanboys, so I'm just puzzled as to why no one decided to do anything about it.

Posted by Concerto

I agree.

I'm probably just being nit-picky, but maybe you should include blind fanboys/fangirls of individual characters, too. To head off any potential problems with fanboys/fangirls who actually read the rules ( :rolleyes: ). ^^;;

Posted by Speedfreak

I can't say I've ever come across someone spreading wrong information about a games character before, but if I do I'll handle it

Posted by Echo

Agreed. And I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of it on my board.