Nintendogs

Posted by HappyCamper

This game look so cool!!!!!!............I think??????Right?!

Enough question marks there b-b-b-b-buddy?????????

-Speedfreak

Posted by Shade

Wow, thanks for not telling us any real information about the game!

Posted by Axis

I've seen the game. I think it looks pretty boring.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

orignalyy, nintendogs was supposed to be one of the launch gamess for the DS but no one releesed any info. about it. it's supposed to be a virtual pet simlator that used the microphone and stylus for gameplay. you'll probably be able to teach the dogs new tricks and pet them with the touch screen; things like that and more. that's all i got on it. but yeah, it does look uninteresting.

Posted by inequity

......why not just get a real dog???

Posted by World8

I saw it on that Game Developers Video. It looks really cool. It really takes advantage of the DS's features. If you want that type of game, then it will be the best one to get. I'm just more interested in other DS titles.

Posted by VicE

Well, it got a perfect score from Famitsu (only the fifth game ever to do so), so it's got to be worth checking out, at least. I'm looking forward to it anyway. Then again, I wuv puppies. XD;

Posted by NightmareBassX

Haha, its supposed to be a "Simulation" of having a dog. It looks kind of interesting and funny. I have to admit though, the graphics are pretty **** good. I wuv puppies too, unfortuantly... I've never had one! Speedfreak, funny comment on mackslovacks post. Made me laugh. But back to the subject. You get to teach puppies tricks and crap and play with it. To me... it appears to be tomagotchi with a boost in technology. Look intresting. Worth a try too, it got real good reviews, You can find a video on IGN.com.

Posted by dylananisa

yha the best part you dont have to pick up real **** that the dogs leave behind!!!:):):):):)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Hmm, I knew nothing about this game. I think it's time for me to get a DS, as I'd probably enjoy this game quite a bit.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I dont think it has come out yet. And wait for electric blue DS, If I knew that would come out I would have waited to get my DS.

Posted by dylananisa

Quoting NightmareBassX: I dont think it has come out yet. And wait for electric blue DS, If I knew that would come out I would have waited to get my DS.

i wonder iif they are macking a pink nds i want them to get smart and make new colors!

Posted by NightmareBassX

Yeah there coming out with pink, black, grey and more ds colors. But not for a while, the electric blue is coming out in June.

Posted by 1Antonio27

yes it has came out already you might want to get it because ive brought it and it really tight

Posted by 1Antonio27

youll like it its already out

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, in Japan.

Personally Nintendogs looks like a fancy Tamagotchi simulator, which is IMO why it got such an awesome Famitsu score. Personally I'm more excited about Electroplankton.

Posted by dylananisa

hey dose any1 know when it is going to come out...in the us

Posted by NightmareBassX

Wings I already said something regarding tomagotchi's!!! But, where I live it the Blue ds or Nintendodogs have come out.

Posted by Pit

Quoting NightmareBassX: Haha, its supposed to be a "Simulation" of having a dog. It looks kind of interesting and funny. I have to admit though, the graphics are pretty **** good. I wuv puppies too, unfortuantly... I've never had one! Speedfreak, funny comment on mackslovacks post. Made me laugh. But back to the subject. You get to teach puppies tricks and crap and play with it. To me... it appears to be tomagotchi with a boost in technology. Look intresting. Worth a try too, it got real good reviews, You can find a video on IGN.com.

Yup, I agree on the tomagotchi part. I mean, when I was younger I had all these type of "pets" like tomagotchi, the T-Rex, an Alien, all the way up to the pocket pikachu. This seems to boost the experience further by making the owner even more responsible. Walking the Dog, feeding, grooming, dog shows, etc. While it is interesting in a way, it's definately a title, regardless how great it's selling and reviews, something I'm gonna pass up on. I just don't think I'll get into it like everyone is considering my really short attention span. It's something I'll play, like borrowed, but not a buy, IMO.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I really don't think that it will do well in the US unless there is massive support for it in media. With no exposure, I would say that it is destined to fail.

BUT THOSE PUPPIES ARE SO DARNED CUTE!

Posted by Pit

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: I really don't think that it will do well in the US unless there is massive support for it in media. With no exposure, I would say that it is destined to fail.

BUT THOSE PUPPIES ARE SO DARNED CUTE!

Actually, it's doing excellent in Japan. Don't know if that'll change by the time that gets here, but people seem to have those little tamogotchis, I don't see why they don't get this. It's so superior on so many levels.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Pit: Actually, it's doing excellent in Japan. Don't know if that'll change by the time that gets here, but people seem to have those little tamogotchis, I don't see why they don't get this. It's so superior on so many levels.

Oh, I know oh too well how well it is doing in Japan. A friend of mine just got back from there with 3 copies of it, forcing me to play it. Said it was all the rage. I believe it.

I looked at a few pictures and whatnot, and it does look very excellent. I really love these types of things, so I'll definitely be getting it when (if) it's released here.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Pit: Yup, I agree on the tomagotchi part. I mean, when I was younger I had all these type of "pets" like tomagotchi, the T-Rex, an Alien, all the way up to the pocket pikachu. This seems to boost the experience further by making the owner even more responsible. Walking the Dog, feeding, grooming, dog shows, etc. While it is interesting in a way, it's definately a title, regardless how great it's selling and reviews, something I'm gonna pass up on. I just don't think I'll get into it like everyone is considering my really short attention span. It's something I'll play, like borrowed, but not a buy, IMO.

Your making me remember all those days, pocket pikachu... Digivice... Train a baby... MY *** I LOVED BEING A CHILD. Yeah they do have 3 versions, all different since they have different breeds. Reading this thread makes me more and more tempted to get it. **** you all. But tamogotchi's did kick ultra ***, they just came out again, but they arn't as popular as they were. And Pocket pikachu 2 sucked! But Nintendo dogs does seem fun, I remember one day I stayed up all night waiting for my chao to be reborn on Sonic adventure 2 battle (literally all night, 9pm-6am) But I am so getting one of these versions, Ill look up on it and explain the differences between the versions.

Posted by Bebop

I want the version with the Pug. Ha ha, Pugs are so ugly its cute.

[quote=Velvelt Nightmare]I really don't think that it will do well in the US unless there is massive support for it in media. With no exposure, I would say that it is destined to fail.

Imagine the reaction of 13 year old girls all across America as they see how they can intereact with a puppy on the move. Nintendog main target audince is a younger female gender after all.

---NO IT ISN'T IT ACTUALLY ISN'T. IT'S NORMAL FOR GUYS TO PLAY IT TOO - :3

I didn't say it wasn't for anyone else but the main target audience is a younger female audience. DS salses have boosted the number of females owning a games console compared to other consoles, so by appealing to more audiences rather than just the norm of teenage boys (which is what DSs aim is) means Nintendogs can sell more. I'm still getting it.

Posted by dylananisa

When is it going to come out

Quoting NightmareBassX: But tamogotchi's did kick ultra ***, they just came out again, but they arn't as popular as they were.

They did? Why did I not know this.

Because they aren't as popular as they used to be. :)

There isn't a Pug version, Bebop. There's a Dachshund, Chihuahua and Shiba, but no Pug... although I think you get three dogs on each cart, and one of THEM might be a Pug. I don't know that much.

Posted by VicE

There's definitely a Pug in one of the games, I've seen screenshots of it. There's something like five or six different breeds in each version.

*is getting the Dachshund version anyway*

Posted by NightmareBassX

I want one with a Golden retriever + Black lab. My favorite mut! Or a half demon dog! Pugs are so ugly but yes cute at the same time, there just like BLAGHGH! There better be a nintendokats! MEOW (Excuse my hyperness)

Posted by VicE

Actually, I've just heard (from people who own the Japanese game) that every dog is avaliable in every version. The only difference between the versions is which dogs are avaliable at the start. And no, you don't have to link up to get all the breeds. :)

Here's a pic with every dog in the game, in case you're curious:
http://img165.echo.cx/img165/8839/dogs7ah.jpg

And the CUTEST WALLPAPER IN THE WORLD:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/adgj/present/ndwp12_1024.jpg

Haha, odd. That wallpaper's on my rotator and it JUST popped up as I read that post... :)

Posted by dylananisa

the wp is cute, i want the second and third nintendogs:):):)

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting NightmareBassX: I want one with a Golden retriever + Black lab. My favorite mut! Or a half demon dog! Pugs are so ugly but yes cute at the same time, there just like BLAGHGH! There better be a nintendokats! MEOW (Excuse my hyperness)

What the hell would be the point in that? You can't train cats and they eat whenever the hell they want. All you'd do is watch them sleep and chase something for 3 minutes until they get bored.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: What the hell would be the point in that? You can't train cats and they eat whenever the hell they want. All you'd do is watch them sleep and chase something for 3 minutes until they get bored.

No, you can also watch them lick themselves. Seriously, you're so ignorant.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: What the hell would be the point in that? You can't train cats and they eat whenever the hell they want. All you'd do is watch them sleep and chase something for 3 minutes until they get bored.

You could rub the cat, play with it and stuff. You have a cat Adam for ***s sake, what do you do with it?

Posted by dylananisa

yha its fun to rub a cat my cat spotty loves to catch things like socks mosqetoes anything except things that are bigger than him

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

Hey I think it looks really cool! Different in a way, but it is really interesting. Sure in hell beats the tar outta those tomagatchi thingys. Not a game I would turn hardcore on, but I would play it once a day or so.

Posted by dylananisa

yha i aggree....... WE SHOULD MAKE A COMPLAINT SAYING WE WANT NINTENDOGS!!!

Posted by VicE

What do you mean? The game's already announced for an August release in the US.

Posted by Litbut

I'm getting Nintendogs and when I have the money, I'm getting the blue DS; It's out now.

Posted by dylananisa

oh ahh hehehe forgot about that

Posted by NightmareBassX

Speedfreak, Speedfreak, Speedfreak, There is nothing more fun then watching a cat sit around or chase something. It was a joke anyway, I was being sarcastic, Maybe I should have put in Parentheses, And yes, You can train cats. There quite intelligent, Just lazy.

Posted by dylananisa

yha he's right

Posted by dylananisa

hey go to toysrus and reserve nintendogs now

Posted by Tolanya

I think this game acctually looks really cute. A lot of the gamers I know plan on buying a DS, simply because these Nintendogs are adorable. I also like the use of the touch screen and microphone, really clever. I'm definitely getting this game.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

It's cute, for sure, but you could put this on the GC and it wouldn't make much difference. Someone would come out with a rebuttal like "What about the microphone technology?" Here's my rebuttal. Mario Party 6 microphone. Being able to pet the dog and aim and throw toys? Put in a mouse cursor controlled by the analog stick. It really doesn't take as much advantage of the touch screen like Wario Ware: Touched! or Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Posted by greenhobbit

i hear when online comes out on the ds that you will be able to go online and let your dog interacr with others. and anyone know when FFIII is coming out.

Posted by NightmareBassX

[CENTER][IMG]http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/558/558353/nintendo-ds-us-box-art-20050627042522369-000.jpg[/IMG]
[CENTER]Chihuahua & Friends[/CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Breeds[/CENTER][CENTER]Chihuahua
German Shepard Dog
Boxer
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Yorkshire Terrier
Shetland Sheepdog

[IMG]http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/558/558353/nintendo-ds-us-box-art-20050627042412887-000.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Dachshund & Friends

Breeds
Miniature Dachshund
Golden Retriever
Beagle
Pug
Siberian Husky
Shih Tzu

[IMG]http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/558/558353/nintendo-ds-us-box-art-20050627042439933-000.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Lab & Friends[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Breeds
Labrador Retriever
Miniature Schnauzer
Toy Poodle
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Miniature Pinscher
Shiba Inu
[/CENTER]

Posted by Fang the vamp

I think its just like a step up from a tomi gothci or how ever you spell that things name

Posted by crelda

yea my sister will get it when it comes put if it proves good enuf i'll probably get my own version.

Posted by dylananisa

im going to get the chiuaua one

Posted by verystrait42

this game doset look worth the price tag

Posted by VicE

HUZZAH! I'm getting a free advance copy of this game! *dances* Nintendo had a giveaway where certain members of their message boards and people who have registered enough games on their site get a free copy of the game, and I'm getting one (I'm a Sage on their boards, so that's probably why). Anyone else? :)

Posted by Drewboy64

You are a sage? Cool. Dang, I wish i had posted a large amount on Nintendo boards...

Posted by NightmareBassX

Congratulations Vice. Lucky you.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

This game looks amazing (lol) but seriously this is supposed to be the killer app for the ds, i can't wait.

Posted by Random

It's definately going to sell well. I'm not planning on buying it but there are numerous pre orders for it already.

Posted by VicE

My copy of the game arrived two days ago. Sadly, it didn't even come with a box or instruction manual... I wonder if you can order new ones from Nintendo once the game is actually released? At any rate, my quick first impressions:

Okay, I officially declare Nintendogs to be the single most head-explodingly cute game ever created. In fact, the sheer levels of cuteness are probably enough to cause the average human being to burst into flames. Pokemon and Kirby too cuddly for you? You'd probably fall into a sugar-induced coma upon playing this one.

In all seriousness, though, I'm actually pretty impressed by this game so far. Finally, a game that actually makes good use of the DS's microphone! And by that I mean actual voice recognition and such, not just "blow/scream/random other loud noise into the mic until something happens" like pretty much every game until now has done. Training your pet is a lot more intuitive and less confusing than pretty much every other game of this type that I've played, and the entire game has a nice Animal Crossing-esque flair to it, especially the fact that it runs in real time as well as the assortment of various items you can get.

I'll admit, it does take a little time to really get used to how things work and what you're supposed to do, but once you really get into the swing of things, it's actually a pretty fun and unique little title. As I said, it reminds me greatly of Animal Crossing, and fits into the same odd little "seemingly boring daily chores as a surprisingly fun video game" niche that AC does.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to laugh at everyone who has to wait until the 22nd to play this. :P I kid, I kid...

Posted by muffla

sounds good enough i just wish i had a ds so i could buy the dashund version cuz i got a real one

Posted by Spaz

August 22nd, can't wait. Being a male that enjoyed animal crossing, I'm definitely picking this one up. My local target has a demo of this playing, and I got a little hands on time, it's definitely worth a purchase. Said demo had 5 minutes of playing time with one of three pups, all equally cute. If you're itching that badly to try this out, try and see if your Target has it set up.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting VicE: My copy of the game arrived two days ago.

how did you get it when here in new york it isnt coming out until august 22?

Posted by Shade

I will be boycotting this game, as neither of the versions have a Cocker Spaniel, Beshan, or any mixture of the two.

...or I'll just get the Daschund version. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

It saddens me that I'll be purchasing a DS primarily for this game and Animal Crossing DS. I can't help it, they're both so cute and Animal Crossing is strangely addicting. Yes, I'm a manly man. Now give me my adorable puppies and let me quest for pretty floral print furniture to fill my custom painted house. *grr*

By the way, I'm sooo getting Dachshund & Friends. :cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: By the way, I'm sooo getting Dachshund & Friends.

I'm not quite sure which I want yet, though I'm leaning towards that one

Posted by Pit

LABRADOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. LABRA****INGDOR.

Quoted post: LABRADOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. LABRA****INGDOR.

The only good dog is Labrador. Which was what Iw as first going to get, since I have a black lab. But, the rest suck, or from what I remember.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'd like the Labrador one, but it also has a Miniature Schnauzer and a Toy Poodle. I really hate both of those dogs. The Chihuahua one looks really nice, now that I think about it. I just absolutely and utterly hate Chihuahuas, but still the other dogs are cool.

Ideal line-up for the dogs already in the game:
German Shepherd
Siberian Husky
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Shetland Sheepdog

I wish they had an Australian Blue Heeler and a Doberman Pinscher (my dog's half Doberman and half Lab), as they are both my favorites.

Quoted post: Ideal line-up for the dogs already in the game:
German Shepherd
Siberian Husky
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Shetland Sheepdog

Indeed. Though you're supposedly able to unlock the rest, so you'll eventually get that.

Yes, I, too, will most likely be purchasing a DS mainly for this game. I'll be getting the Dachshund and friends version, of course (Golden Retriever and Husky). I wish there was a Border Collie, but seeings as Golden Retrievers are my favourite breed, I'm more than happy. Now, when will the price of the DS drop a bit, is the question.

Posted by Pit

There's no hinting of a price drop anytime soon, especially with the Nintendo going online. It is possible as console prices drop yearly, and on handheld, $20, so the DS by the time Gameboy Micro comes out might go to $130 for the holiday season. That's though, from past experience with Nintendo, meaning you can't really rely on what I tell you unless it comes straight from them.

Posted by Arczu

Some places were trying to sell the DS for $200 around here. Maybe that's US dollars > Canadian dollars.

If your reeealy looking to get one, you could get lucky and get it used... but that chances of that happening are very low.

And this game.. my sisters would never let me have mine back if they saw this game... So for propetorial purposes, I must not get this game yet.

Posted by GameMiestro

Raising virtual animals? We can already do that on Pokemon (and its just as complicated)

Posted by Shade

Something tells me it's just a bit different than Pokemon. Since, you know, you don't actually raise the Pokemon, but exploite them for your own battling needs.

Bastards.

Quoted post: Raising virtual animals? We can already do that on Pokemon (and its just as complicated)

I think the word you're looking for is "Tamagotchi".

Just more interactive.

Posted by Spaz

Definitely picking up Dachshund and friends. I want the pug haha.

Posted by HappyCamper

I just played a demo of the game, its fun and realy addicting.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I agree. I was getting new wheels and tires yesterday, so I took a walk to the local Wal-Mart (next door) and played the demo for at least 30 minutes. Playing tug of war with the chihuahua (and later putting a flower behind its ear!) and frisbee with the lab was so much fun.

And, and they sparkle when they're happy omg :(

Posted by verystrait42

i have 4 dogs, even though i dont think it will be worth the money, i'd gladly trade all them in for this game

Posted by Random

haha is it true.. That if you abuse your Dog. It'll get mean and stuff? Because I was talking with one of my Co Workers and He said that if you Abuse your Dog, anytime you cross paths with another person Playing NintenDogs, your dog may attack his. That would be so awesome.. I'd create an Evil Dog and Spite little Children with their cute furry ones. Mwuahahaha >=D

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting SomebodyRandom: haha is it true.. That if you abuse your Dog. It'll get mean and stuff? Because I was talking with one of my Co Workers and He said that if you Abuse your Dog, anytime you cross paths with another person Playing NintenDogs, your dog may attack his. That would be so awesome.. I'd create an Evil Dog and Spite little Children with their cute furry ones. Mwuahahaha >=D

LOL i dont know what is funnier the fact that you were talking to your coworker about nintendogs instead of working or making a mean dog beat up other dogs.

Posted by Random

lol... I work in Game Retailing.. We're not always busy nor do we Have much to do. We just sit there.. Sometimes we'll re ogranize and crap like that. We talk a lot about video games :-P And yes when the DS drops to $100, i'll probably pick one up, and make the most Evil Dog ever.. I'll freighten little children everywhere Mwuahahaha.

Posted by dylananisa

i have 3 poodles one doberman pincher and 1 terier mix i dont know what the mix is though all rescues and my cat :):):) oh congrats for being a sage vice you are so lucky i have to wait to get my nintendogs :-D :-D :-D

love dogs now

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting SomebodyRandom: haha is it true.. That if you abuse your Dog. It'll get mean and stuff? Because I was talking with one of my Co Workers and He said that if you Abuse your Dog, anytime you cross paths with another person Playing NintenDogs, your dog may attack his. That would be so awesome.. I'd create an Evil Dog and Spite little Children with their cute furry ones. Mwuahahaha >=D

I don't think you can abuse your dogs seeing that the games rated E, even though that would be cool :)

Posted by HappyCamper

Theres one thing thats gay!!!!!>= D Theres three games; so say you what a Lab and a Pugg you can't because there on different games. I don't know I just thinks its a little gay to me!

Quoted post: Theres one thing thats gay!!!!!>= D Theres three games; so say you what a Lab and a Pugg you can't because there on different games. I don't know I just thinks its a little gay to me!

You eventually unlock every dog.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Vampiro: You eventually unlock every dog.

So you can even unlock the dogs from the other games?

Quoted post: So you can even unlock the dogs from the other games?

From what I've read, yes.

Posted by HappyCamper

Lab and Chihuahuas, does anyone know what the thrid dog is?

Posted by inequity

Dachshund and friends

-Dashund
-Golden Retreiver
-Beagle
-Siberian Husky
-Pug
-****zu (lol)

Lab and friends

-Toy poodle
-Pembroke Welsh Corgi
-Labrador retriever
-Miniaure Pinscher
-Miniature Schnauzer
-Shiba Inu

Chihuahas and friends

-Chihuahua
-German Shepherd
-Boxer
-Cavalier King Charles Spanial
-Yorkshire Terrier
-Shetland Sheepdog

Posted by Drewboy64

When you play wirelessly with someone else, you get his type of dog on your game. I don't know if that's the only way to unlock other dogs, though.
I'm probably gonna get chihuahua and friends.

Posted by Random

I'm going to have an Army of Mean Nasty Dogs, and they Will masacre the world of Nintendogs. Mwuahaha.. Good Evil Dog ^_^

I yearn to make Evil Dogs.. Don't ask me why.. I think it'd be amusing to attack other peoples dogs. Mwuahahahahahaaaaaaa Sorry...

Posted by junior senior

I'm getting Dachsund and Friends because I love shih-tzus and that seems like the good one.

Posted by inequity

Do the dogs die if you leave them unattended for a couple weeks? Or is that to traumatic to be in the game?

Quoted post: Do the dogs die if you leave them unattended for a couple weeks? Or is that to traumatic to be in the game?

They can't die.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: They can't die.

WHAT!? THATS WEAK! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL OTHER DOGS?

>=(

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting SomebodyRandom: WHAT!? THATS WEAK! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL OTHER DOGS?

>=(

Ya that would be cool:) But don't you think the game would be rated M, I mean killing other dogs, but whatever it still would be COOL!

Anyways I'm getting Dachshund and friends, because of the PUG, Siberian Husky, and the Golden Retreiver.

BUT THATS GAY THAT THEY CAN'T DIE! = <

Posted by Random

Ok wait... It can be Rated T For Teen.. They can cut the Violence down some.. But There has to be Killing! I mean c'mon.. I want a little Chiuaua that looks nice, and ends up killing Pit Bulls for C*rist Sakes. That would be so F***in awesome would it not? I mean maybe i'm just Evil and I have no heart.. But I'd like to see it :)

Which you be missing the whole point of the game.

Posted by Random

This maybe so.. But it would have made me happy.. ah well

Posted by HappyCamper

So is this game going to be 2 -player?

Quoted post: So is this game going to be 2 -player?

Two games can interact, if that's what you mean.

But, two people CAN raise a dog on a single cart, it's just that their voices will have to somewhat similar for the technology to recognize.

Though, that's not really multiplayer in the sense that we're used to.

Posted by HappyCamper

So they can't die, so then why give them food and water, and hows the game supposted to end?

Quoted post: So they can't die, so then why give them food and water, and hows the game supposted to end?

Give them food and water, and treat them nice so they grow up nice.

Once you're finished with the dog, you retire them to a "hotel".

Posted by Shade

Okay, I need to know one thing right now.

Is this game good enough for me to buy tomorrow, over Advanced Wars: Dual Strike?

Quoted post: Is this game good enough for me to buy tomorrow, over Advanced Wars: Dual Strike?

Dear lord, get Advanced Wars.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Happycamper, can you atleast try to look up anything about the game?

And yeah, I'd get Advanced Wars.

It look's ok, but I'm not into simulation games that much, either that, or I'll play with my own dogs.

Posted by GameMiestro

Heh heh... Its fun to take the jump rope and bash your dogs off the screen...

Posted by verystrait42

i have done what i said i would never do.... i bought nintendogs. i'm still waiting for mine to come in. i have gone to the dark side

Posted by Aesthetic

Am I the only one who bought "Chihuahua & Friends"? :(

I like the game. The dogs are adorable, especially mine (I own a sheltie named Charlie). :3 It gets a bit boring sometimes, as there's only so much you can do when you don't have much money, right after taking a walk and only owning one dog, but it's still worth it. He just sucks at catching frisbees.

Anyway, good purchase. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I bought the Lab and Friends one yesterday night. So far I'm liking it. What is amazing is that the dogs act just like real ones would. Nintendo has done a good job on this game. It's quite fun, I'm glad I have a new DS game to occupy my time with.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Shade: Okay, I need to know one thing right now.

Is this game good enough for me to buy tomorrow, over Advanced Wars: Dual Strike?

They're 2 very very different games, it's impossible to say. Advance Wars is more of a sure thing, though.

Posted by dylananisa

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Ok wait... It can be Rated T For Teen.. They can cut the Violence down some.. But There has to be Killing! I mean c'mon.. I want a little Chiuaua that looks nice, and ends up killing Pit Bulls for C*rist Sakes. That would be so F***in awesome would it not? I mean maybe i'm just Evil and I have no heart.. But I'd like to see it :)

yha go man fight the power!!!

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Oh, this game is so adorable! :) I'm one of the many who got Dachshund and Friends, and I love playing with my cute little golden retriever! I agree with everyone who compared Nintendogs to Animal Crossing- any fan of AC or almost any sim game would love this. :)

Posted by inequity

I can't let my dogs compete in another competition and it has already been a day since the last one. Any idea why?

I had to change the date manually on the DS options from 8.25 to 8.26 because for some reason the date did not change in the game. Yet, it still said I had to wait.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'ts because your dogs don't like you.:p:

Did you try looking in the trouble shooting pages in the manual? There is always trouble shooting pages in every game booklet. Maybe it has something there. If it doesn't say anything there, try waiting until the exact time you did your last competition. It may work then.

Posted by verystrait42

i love this game

Posted by dylananisa

hey My chuahua just learend how to catch a frissby in mid air is that cute:):):) oh yha I got the chihuahua and friends oone too no one left out of the fun

Posted by EliteVideoGames

look like fun... i may even buy a DS to play a copy/ Dachund is by far the best seller on my website with Lab next and Chihuahua last..

Posted by dylananisa

Love this game so much now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased Dachshund and Friends the other day, and so far I'm enjoying it. It does get a tad boring after a little while, but I don't have much time to play it so it's all right. Either way, I'm glad I got it.

Posted by dylananisa

It fun:):):)

Thanks for the input.

Posted by The Punisher

If i have extra money by the time AC DS comes out, ill buy this.

Posted by dylananisa

?????:s :s :s :s

Posted by Apathetic

Oh no I bumped it. Anyways I just got Chihuahua and Friends, go me. How do you make more money besides the tournaments? Oh, and I have a shetland sheepdog.

Posted by inequity

The only way to earn money other than tournaments is to sell things you find on the street.

Posted by The Punisher

You should be able to get a job.

Posted by junior senior

I need help. I just got the game about an hour ago and I bought one beagle. What do I do now? :-\ Like, all it lets me do is pet it.

Posted by Robb4248

I just bought one from ebay, waiting for it :D

Just pet it for a while. Eventually it'll let you teach it to sit, and then all sorts of random things. My two (a Yorkie and a Shetland) both sneeze on command. :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Wings: My two (a Yorkie and a Shetland) both sneeze on command. :)

Lol, I got mine to scratch its groin, or at least that's what it looks like it is doing.

Yeah, mine sneeze on command as well. It's too bad that this game is so horribly limited. I hardly touch it anymore.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, mine sneeze on command as well. It's too bad that this game is so horribly limited. I hardly touch it anymore.

Lol no kidding. Yesterday was the first I picked it up since September. Apparently my dogs were filthy too.

Posted by Bebop

Got it today. I'm enjoying it but can't see it as a game I'd be rushing home to play. Just something to pick up every now and again. Got a pug.

Quoting Mystic Hero: Lol no kidding. Yesterday was the first I picked it up since September. Apparently my dogs were filthy too.

Hahahah. Apparently, if you mistreat them enough, they run away. I wonder where they go...and if they might not ever come back...:cool:

Posted by junior senior

My dog only learns how to sit, I read the little guide but it won't memorize the other tricks I team him. :(

You have to keep doing the same trick over and over again, and try to say it the same way each time. Although there was one instance where my game just lapsed and nothing would happen (this happened while I tried to teach the dog his name). So I just restarted the game, said his name three times and it worked.

Posted by junior senior

I did that, he just learned paw and chase tail. Daamn dog. It doesn't want to catch a frisbee.

Posted by Rush_TomSawyer

Nintendogs just ****ed me off really, i had a hard time grasping the consept of the virtual pet idea. and i cant physically touch the dog which made it worse

It's not the most difficult concept to grasp...

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Rush_TomSawyer: Nintendogs just ****ed me off really, i had a hard time grasping the consept of the virtual pet idea. and i cant physically touch the dog which made it worse

Yeah, it'd probably be better on the PSP so that you could touch it. ZomGzzz

Posted by Apathetic

Ack!! My dogs got fleas. What should I do? Brushing doesnt work and I dont know the bath option.

You have to buy shampoo. There's a short hair version, and a long hair. Buy the one you need and use it when you get back home.

Posted by Linko_16

It's a great use of the DS's features. Not exactly game-of-the-year kind of stuff, but still fun.

I got a male black pug whom I named Duke after my Nana's female black pug, Dutchess, who passed on some time ago. He's very mellow and listens well to commands.

My brother got a female husky who was hyperactive and completely nuts, and since he wanted to teach all its commands in Japanese, I forced him to name it "Tomo" after the Azumanga Daioh character. He even spelled the name in Japanese.

So far Duke has won the beginner's agility contest and several obedience trials. Tomo's good at catching disks, but she'll need more training before she can do so for a competition.

Posted by junior senior

...Or you could just brush the dog for about 10 minutes.

They should've made the amount of letters longer for your dog's name. :mad:

Posted by dylananisa

my dog gets clean by itself

Posted by casperbird

I hav Nintendogs. The pups r soooooo cute! If your up to looking after some cute little puppies, feeding them, playing with them and giving them a walk every day then get it. This game is NOT a fighting game where you run around with a gun in your hand and shoot enemies. You look after a dog. It's a realistic game. I hav it and I like it. I'm not into fighting or gun games.

Posted by Dexter

I got Nintendogs now. I realize I am a little late for the discussion but I'm sure there are those out there who are still playing this game or will be getting this game. I just have a little over 4,000 training points.

I'm really enjoying the game. So far, it is my favorite Nintendo DS game, but that's not saying much since I currently only have 2 games. My 3 dogs are so cute though and I surprisingly have not gotten bored with doing any of the activities with them. Even giving them walks is fine with me, and I hear a few complaints about that aspect of the game. I've been having fun with the disk competition. My Beagle, Baylee, isn't very good at it but I'm hoping she'll start to run further faster soon. Which coloured disk would you guys recommend? It seems like the red one is the best. I suppose it depends on how trained the dogs are.

I have a male Siberian Husky named Dakota, a female Golden Retriever named Claire, and a female Beagle named Baylee.

Posted by Dexter

Wow, you have to earn 50,000 trainer points to get the Labrador. Has anyone here earned that much? And when you earn the Urban Living at the Interior Decorator store, how much is that going to actually cost? The prices there seem ridiculous. I have about 13,000 trainer points now. It's going to take a long time to reach 50,000. I'd feel better about it if I knew someone else put that much effort into it.

Just play the game and you'll get the points. Once you have three dogs and you're entering each of them into three contests a day and winning the Championship every time, you'll be racking up the points (and cash) like crazy. Also factor in that you can have five in storage at any one time, you can swap them in and out.
If you want to cheat, you get one trainer point for every full minute that the hairbrush is on your dog. Hook up your DS to the power supply, put the brush on it and leave it on overnight (open). Trainer points galore!

I'd also suggest getting hold of an item map off the internet and going round the maximum amount of items every time you go for a walk. The sooner you unlock the secret breeds the better. What version did you get? Different rooms are different prices depending on what version you have.

Oh, and a quick check tells me that I have 36,168 trainer points, but I have unlocked all the breeds. I've probably been losing points since I haven't played it properly in months (although I'm beginning to get back into it now).
I have a black and brown male Yorkie called Brandon, a light grey male husky called Ghost, a blonde female Golden Retriever called Bonnie, a brown male Chihuahua called Tyler, a white and light brown male Jack Russell called Louis, and a female Dalmatian called Star.

Wait until you accidentally teach your dog how to backflip. It's so cute and awesome at the same time.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Wings: Wait until you accidentally teach your dog how to backflip. It's so cute and awesome at the same time.

Anyone know an easy way to do this? My dog is very impatient, so I have trouble commanding it. Someone said that there was a CD that helped them learn how to do a backflip. Any tips, or hints?

Posted by Colonel

My dogs only know sit because they have mental problems.

Ghost (husky)- Sit, roll over
Petey(Beagle)- Sit.
Tanner (Golden Retriever)-.....

Once you've spent enough time with them, taught them how to sit and jump, they should be able to just do a backflip. The Colonel Bogey track makes them march and bark in time with the music, and they jump rather than backflip.

If your dog is advanced enough to beg, it's not too long before it can flip and dance. Just keep telling it to sit and then telling it to jump. It'll do it eventually. Sometimes it'll do it on its own, then make sure you focus on it and teach the command quickly before the lightbulb goes away.

Posted by Dexter

I'm midway into getting enough trainer points to earn everything. I think once you reach 40,000 trainer points you've gotten everything you can get from them. Getting enough cash seems to be the bigger issue. I can make it to the championships on the disk competition, but I have not been able to win them yet. I've been bringing my dogs to the park and practicing, but I'm still having a little trouble getting more than 40 points. I know the trick of calling their names when they get the disks, too. What disk is best to use?

I spend way too much time with my puppies and tire them out. At work today, I must have given them all about 4 walks each. I need to let them sleep.

I use the Aerodisc because it seems to go further, although I'm sure there's not too much of a difference. A better trick than calling them once they've got the disc is to tap the screen twice - there's no chance of it mis-registering, and it's quicker. Whistling also works. I tend to whistle while tapping the screen so that if one way doesn't work, the other will.

Posted by Dexter

I spent about 6 hours earlier today working on a huge dog house project of mine that I plan on selling on completion. During the activity, I had to hammer down over 1,000 nails, so by the time I was done with that my wrist and hands were in much pain. Now I get home, am all relaxed, ready to do my daily activities with the DS. My hand seriously won't stop shaking. I feel like Captain John H. Miller. I'm attempting to do my daily disk competitions and I keep dropping the disk! It's rather amusing.

Posted by Nintendoggie

Nintendogs; In my opinion, an amazingly cool game. In this, you can feed, bathe, walk, train, and play with your own little dog. In other words, it's a pet, with none of the *big* problems. You can get it hats and stuff, too...