"For fans of..."

Posted by Klarth

I just had a nifty little idea for a game - Basically, I state a band and song, and say it's for fans of a particular band. The next poster picks it up by stating a song by the band I posted and saying who'd enjoy it. For example, let's say I said "The Glass Prison" by Dream Theater. I'd say it was for fans of Metallica. Then Richaod comes along and says that Metallica's Enter Sandman is for fans of Nevermore, and it keeps going from there.

So, I'll start this off. Marillion - "Easter". For fans of The Beatles.

Posted by Porcupine

Let it Be, for fans of decent music.

Posted by William

Winds - "Under the Stars", for fans of Dream Theater.

(I was going to put something different, but nearly no one would know what the **** I'm talking about...)

Posted by Richaod

Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding - Elton John

For fans of Dream Theater, since it's the easiest demographic to appeal to.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Did nobody understand the concept of the game?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: Did nobody understand the concept of the game?

Unfortunately, no.

Anyway, I'll follow on from my own. :p

Lie - Dream Theater

For fans of... I don't know, AC/DC/classic rock-like riffs with 1337 solos.

Make that Megadeth (because The Scorpion has similar solos, I think).

Posted by sabre

Look, this is how it's meant to be done, for anyone who's still floundering:

The band which the last person said whatever is for fans of has to be who the next song is by.

EXAMPLES:
If the last person says "for fans of Dark Moor," you'd have to select a Dark Moor song, and say what it's for fans of.

If the last person says "for fans of Infected Mushroom," you'd have to select an Infected Mushroom song, and say what it's for fans of.

If the last person says "for fans of Ayreon," you'd have to select a Ayreon song, and say what it's for fans of.

If the last person says "for fans of Arcturus," you CANNOT follow it up with a song by Circle II Circle.

Oh, and it must be a band/artist/whatever, not "AC/DC/classic rock-like riffs with 1337 solos" or "good music" or something to the effect.

Posted by Klarth

LET'S START AGAIN SHALL WE.

Bathory - The Land. For fans of Metallica.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Richaod: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it was a good thread idea, too.

Maybe if you lose the game concept...

Posted by William

Metallica - Sad But True. For fans of Paradise Lost.

(And I did it correctly the first time too, or so I thought.)