NEWER Zelda GCN Pics! (5-1-05)

Posted by coromoro

A friend of mine found some pictures of the new Zelda that were scanned from some Spanish magazine. They haven't been shown anywhere else.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=312

Enjoy. :cool:

Posted by Last Fog

Sweet!!

Are these acually for real? I mean, they look completely legit, but why would some random revista espanola get exclusive Zelda pics?? Some look to have some crappy graphics, though, almost like an n64 game, the ones on the farm.

Posted by coromoro

I am pretty sure these are real. Here's some more info I found:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/392/1/

Edit: Wow, it looks like [url=http://cube.ign.com/articles/606/606585p1.html]IGN[/url] just found out, too.

Posted by Jarulara

****it Coro, just gimme the **** game **** the pics. Why you gotta torture people like this. You do the same stuff to me with your sexy pics. Great pics though. Still gimme the game screw the pics.

Posted by maian

Rep as soon as possible. :-*

Great, GREAT info. Finally, they're revealing more then just Link. And, It looks like they're giving him more character, looking at the peasent-esque outfit.
I look foward to EGM.

Posted by coromoro

Thank my good friend Andy who is one of the most hardcore Zelda fans out there. :cool:

Posted by Alastor

They look great. The quality is pretty low, but if you imagine them as a completed GameCube game, then we're looking at a freaking masterpiece.

Posted by Jarulara

You mean another freaking Masterpiece. It might look bad cause the guy showing the pics look like he's doing it from a book!!

Posted by VicE

Hmm, I can't help but wonder what's up with the odd outfit Link's wearing in a bunch of those screenshots. Probably something similar to that lobster shirt he had in TWW, or it could somehow have something to do with the fact that Link apparently "matures" throughout the course of the game... don't know how though.

Also, I'm really curious as to what the purpose of that horde of cats in the one screenshot is. XD

And holy ****, two to three times the length of OoT? Please don't let that just be a bloated exaggeration. O_O

Amazing pics! E3 can't come soon enough...

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i still cant spot the tri-force imprintad on link's hand in any of the screenschots. it is cool though.

Posted by maian

More info, from ZU.

That's from UK "Cube" magazine. Interesting. And, little tidbits of info for those who didn't catch them.

[list]
[*]Link is 16 years old when the game starts, but they emphasize that will "mature" during the game, whether this is just mentally or physically as well is not clear.
[*]The Village shown in the scans is the very first village in the game, called "Taoru Village".
[*]Controls will remain more or less unchanged from The Wind Waker, this includes the return of L-Targeting as well as Auto Jump.
[*]Game will be "two to three times as large as Ocarina of Time", with more than 70 hours of total gameplay (estimate, of course).
[*]The developers have aimed for a very realistic approach with the water, and there will be an underwater part of the game as well (could indicate the return of another "Water Temple").
[*]Eiji Aonuma wanted the graphics for the game to be as refined as possible, which is why they didn't use the graphics from the SpaceWorld 2000 GameCube Tech Demo, featuring Ganon and Link.
[*]The amount of mini games in this game will, just as in The Wind Waker, be fairly large, and an example of a mini game is where you have to lead some cows in to a certain area while on your horse back.
[/list]

And here are some tidbits that were translated from the articles.

-"Some brilliant designs"

-"The game is possibly two or three times larger than OoT"

-"A more mature style"

-"Zelda's beauty will very well seem like the Manga drawings"

-"Although Link will already be an adult in the begining of the adventure, his wrath will also mature little by little with the passing of time."

- "The new adult look"

- "The tasks that we will do during the adventure will be 'multi-colored', from taking care of of the cattle, to resolving puzzles, or fighting against bosses".

- "The graphics that the game will offer will be absolutely impressive. Landscapes and personalities will have a level of detail not seen often in a console"

- "The battles will return in real time, and they will be very dynamic and amusing. Link will also be able to use a good amount of armor."

I'm looking foward to more about the armor.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

This game looks amazing. It's probably the only game that I look forward to playing this year that hasn't been released yet (besides FFXII, I suppose).

Posted by Mystic Hero

I've seen a few of those shots in action on G4TTV on CinemaTech. Good stuff indeed. I'm still happy to say that I've had reserves on it for a year.:) I can't wait to get this game. Finally a realistic Zelda we've been waiting for!

Posted by coromoro

I seriously can't wait. This will definitely be a game to remember. :cool:

Just think about it. This will most likely be a "Greatest Game Ever"-type of game.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm just curious to see how MASSIVE it's gonna be. Three times the size of OoT. Wow.

Posted by maian

[url=http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/395/1/]Leaked info from the upcoming EGM article.[/url]

[quote=EGM]

It is just a rumor as of now - but a subscriber to IGN may have leaked out some important information about the upcoming Zelda game from EGM, from an article that hasn't yet been released to the public.

Scans of EGM's article are not yet available, but as soon as they are they will be posted.

In the article, LoZGC is said to include:

- No voice acting.
- No GBA connectivity.
- You can fish.
- Art of Zelda shows her weilding a sword.
- Yes link is rescuing Zelda & Ganon is a villian in the story.
- No official title has been decided yet.
- Combat will be different from Windwaker.
- Chicken Gliding is back.
- In the beginning of the game, Link is a "cowboy". There is also a minigame to teach you how to ride.
- Tauro village impressions, great sense of realism, grand in scale.
- Horseback battles will be plentiful.

:)

Posted by VicE

HEY PEOPLE! New pics!

http://www.sectorn.net/noticias/modules.%70hp?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2800

Cuccos! Horsies! Pretty water! Friggin huge fire demons! Go look, now!

Posted by Mystic Hero

I saw that fire boss on G4, pretty cool looking if I don't say so myself.

Posted by Thingy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! im ready and i cant wait. They are real. and there awsome! his hair looks cool. i cant wait. i think if im really desparate, im just going to buy it from japan and get it shipped here. its guna rool!

Posted by maian

In addition to the new pics, much more info on the article.

[url=http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/397/1/]More info.[/url]

[quote=ZU]

Thanks to various foreign sources, we have much more information about the upcoming Legend of Zelda GC for you. And as if that wasn't enough, we have fresh magazine scans for you as well. All information inside!

First, let's start out with the new scans. They were originally posted by JeuxFrance.com, but they did not specify the source of the images in the article. However, I am 99% sure that it comes from the EGM article, since it was coupled with some information from it. If someone can confirm or deconfirm this, it would be nice so that I can edit the name of the album in the Media Gallery.

EDIT: We have gotten confirmation on that these new scans are in fact from the latest edition of Nintendo Power, and not EGM as previously thought. We will try to get a hold of the EGM scans as well.

Now, for the new information. Most of this comes from a German gaming website called GameFront.de, which has it from the EGM article.

Link does not come from Hyrule. Taoru village is aparantly not a part of the Kingdom of Hyrule, but a neighbour to them. The citizens of Taoru are farmers who earn their Rupees by selling food and animals to Hyrule
Every year the leaders/mayors of the different villages gather in a large meeting of sort, this is to keep the bond and relationship between them tightly knit. However, this year the Mayor of Taoru can't go, and sends Link instead. This is how Link's adventure gets started.

Ganon and Zelda are both in this game, but the developers have pointed out that the story of the game is not identical to what has become tradition in previous games.
Apparantly, the fact that this game takes place after The Wind Waker in the Zelda timeline was not fact, and now Aonuma says that they are not sure when it takes place.
There is said to be an specific item that will be very important to the flow of the game, but they don't want to reveal what it will be yet.
According to Eiji Aonuma, they title has not been decided yet. They are pondering on giving it a "mysterious" title which will only make sense during playing the game.
EGM points out that they combat system is very similar to that of The Wind Waker, but Aonuma says that they will/have been further developing the system where the A button "glows" at a certain time to do a counter attack. There is also a new jump attack.
This game will be larger than all previous Zelda game. The fields and plains will be large, making to horse essential to the gameplay. Buildings will be huge, but there will also be large, empty fields. In short, everything will be larger, because it makes it more realistic, according to Aonuma.
This time, Nintendo hopes that people don't even have to play the game to understand the choice of the more mature graphics, which was the case with the opposite, more childlike graphics in The Wind Waker.

Aonuma also says that they are aware that there were people who did not play The Wind Waker just because of the cartoon like graphics, and this makes him sad, but they still insist that they were right for the game.

Link will have to communicate with animals in this new game, however Aonuma does not want to reveal exactly how.
Apparantly the game is not quite finished yet, and there is still a possibility that Link will have a "sidekick" in the game, which supports Link throughout the course of the game giving information about the various things.

I want my EGM. NOW.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I want my EGM. NOW.

Agreed, and maybe with the poster that appeard in the Spanish magazine... that would be nice...

Posted by maian

[url=http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/398/1/]Scans from EGM[/url]

Wow. Just, wow. Breaking news, you must see this. It includes new art, and concept Zelda art. (With the sword!)

Read now.

Posted by Pit

I just jizzed in my pants... holy crap. I have to get this EGM, now.

Awesome

Posted by loony636

*drools over keyboard* if I don't get this game soon, I'm gonna......Well, I don't know what I'm gonna do yet, but its gonna be drastic!

Posted by VicE

Too lazy to check if these pics have been posted...

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=326

Pics scanned from EGM. Lots of close up shots of NPCs, Link fighting with a wooden sword (?), cool enemies, and PRETTY pics of the new fishin' pond. You get a boat this time! :)

Posted by maian

I posted those. :-*

Anyhow, EGM has just threatened to sue if those aren't taken down. Tough luck.

Posted by VicE

Oops, sorry. Just ignore me then~ ^_^;

That boat is still cool, though.

Quoted post: Anyhow, EGM has just threatened to sue if those aren't taken down. Tough luck.

Are you serious? Hahaha. I see where they're coming from... but come on. Can you blame us?

nice avatar by the way.

Posted by Last Fog

Better save all the pics to your comp in case the site takes them off.

Posted by Alastor

Huzzah. I did a little snooping around at 4chan today as I normally do, and checked the video games section. I found some new screenshots that even ZU doesn't have yet.

They're from a GamePro magazine in Denmark. Behold!

http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=90

Posted by brownoystercult

Um, most if not all of those pics were shown in the previous two links.

Think I may buy a GCN just for this game.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: Um, most if not all of those pics were shown in the previous two links.

Think I may buy a GCN just for this game.

Wrong. Barely any were in the last links. A few, granted, but not many at all.

Posted by Andrewbulls

****it we need more more more i tell you!!!!!!!!!!