oops

Posted by thelaststand

yeah well pretty much i spilt coke on my DS...nothing is messed up fortunately but the right trigger button is sticky which sux, i was just wondering if there was a way i could get in there and clean it out w/o taking the whole thing apart

Posted by karn

i'm not sure but you could try the nintendo site for cleaning tips maybe.

Posted by Random

ugh.. thats a Doozy. Hopefully it didn't get inside and burn up anything. Did you get a warranty? If so maybe you should find out if it's not working properly and take it back.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

All that I could suggest is to lightly dampen a Q-Tip and see if you can work the Coke out of there.

Sucks though, sorry.

Posted by HappyCamper

Was it diet....... OK, can you maybe take it to a game shop so they can get it fixed, or not??

Good Luck!!

Posted by World8

Ouch, thats horrible. I would go to Nintendo's Site. At http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/trouble_system.jsp#liquid

It says what to do if liquid is spilt on the system.
Other than that, I would say e-mail Nintendo. I have in the past, they are fast and friendly. I hope you DS isn't wrecked.

Posted by Litbut

I keep my DS away from liquids and food. That usually works on keeping it safe.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Man that sure does suck. I've had similar problems when my friend spilled a bit of orange juice on my GC controller because he is a dumbass and ****ed it up a bit. I really have no tips on what you can do... Sorry I can't be of assistance.

Posted by Shakyl

i lick mine all the time

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

If you're confident about your skills, open it up with a Tri-Wing screwdriver and clean it out with a Q-Tip with still filtered water, let it dry and put it all back together again.

Just be very careful about sliding the touch screen away from its moorings, because it's a bitch to rehouse.

Posted by thelaststand

well i emailed the nintendo guys and i figured i would post their instructions just in case anyone else has the same problem and thnx 4 the help guys.

In order to clean the system, you will need the following supplies:

1 jeweler's philips head screwdriver (for battery pack removal)
1 clean toothbrush (no toothpaste on it)
1 cup of warm tap water
1 paper towel

Do not submerge the Nintendo DS or pour water on it directly.

Here are the cleaning instructions for the Nintendo DS:

1. Turn off the Nintendo DS system, remove the AC Adapter, the battery pack, and any game paks. Removing the battery pack will require the use of a jeweler's philips head screwdriver, available at most hardware stores.

2. Turn the Nintendo DS screen-side down so that the buttons are facing down. This prevents water from getting inside the unit.

3. Moisten the bristles of the toothbrush--do not get them dripping wet--in the warm water and scrub the area around the buttons, working the bristles around the sides of the buttons.

4. After cleaning the buttons, dry off the unit with a paper towel.

5. Let the system air dry (screen down) for at least a couple of hours.

6. Test your system for proper response.

7. Repeat the process if necessary.

Posted by Litbut

That's some good info for people.