Tales of Phantasia

Posted by Xenos

I'm playing it right now with fairly quick progress--it seems like a good game so far. Though the puzzles are so **** annoying. It's like Lufia II... without the 'reset' option.

Posted by William

I LOVE Tales of Phantasia. It's one of my favorite games of all time actually.

The best things about the game, is the intriguing storyline full of plot twists, especially towards the end of the game. I also love the fact that since it's not officially translated into English, all the Japanese humour is there - such as the sexual context that occurs on the ship (Arche having a sexual dream and what appears to be an orgasm for example).

It's just...great. And I enjoyed the battle system. It was pretty original, and a nice change. Kind of like...Star Ocean's battle system, but as a side-scroller.

Posted by Klarth

Best game ever in my books.

A hugely compelling storyline, a vast world, brilliant characters and one of the most brilliant battle systems ever. Can't say no, really.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Hmm, maybe I should give it a try. It's for SNES, no?

Posted by William

Yeah, you'll have to play it as a translated ROM though, because it never made it out of Japan.

Posted by Arczu

I gave this one a try, but ending up getting lost!

No seriously, I was like... level 13 before I got going into the first level of the game. But now I don't have that image anymore...

Quoting William: Yeah, you'll have to play it as a translated ROM though, because it never made it out of Japan.

Oh, really? I didn't know. I'll search around for it when I have the time to play it, thanks. I wonder why it wasn't ever released. Did it not sell well, or was there some sort of conflicting issue?

Posted by Klarth

The game is littered with little obscenities. (=

Oh...Well, I'll definitely get to it sometime soon.

Approximately how long would you say it takes to complete the storyline?

Posted by Klarth

Sixty hours or soooooo

Excellent. I love a long game.

Posted by Xenos

Does anyone know how to beat Fe. Golem?