Golden Sun

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've just started playing the first Golden Sun, and I can already tell that I'm really going to like it. The storyline is interesting enough, and the music is decent, the world map and battle theme being my favourites, so far. I love the psynergy, and how you are able to use it on the field. Ivan's mind reading spell is neat, and fun to play with, and the move ability is nicely incorporated. So far, the only thing I dislike about the game is the amount of battles you encounter every few seconds. It's a little absurd. But otherwise, I really love the game. Now, does the second one live up to it? How would you compare them?

Posted by Iris

Second one is a bit more boring, but longer which means more of a a challenge. You start the game off a little easier than you did the first Golden Sun. Music is great, graphics are obviously the same, and there's a lot of sidequests. Sadly, you can only collect all Djinni if you transfer data, so do that if you plan on doing any sidequests.

Oh, I didn't know about transferring date, but I'll definitely do that, thanks.

Posted by Boner

I was really getting into this game. I was rather enjoying it. That is, until the battery in the game cart died and I lost my saved data. This was enough to make me never want to play it again.

That is discouraging. One thing I hate about handhelds. But it seems quite good, and I think you should take it up again. ;p

Posted by karn

how long does a battery cart last? does all games have them?plus i love the goldensun saga,i hope they come out with a third but its not likely because there really isn't really much to the ending to make a third one.

...What do you mean? That battery life depends on a few factors, such as if you have the light on or not, if you are using the speaker (for music) and how high it is, and if you tend to switch the handheld on and off often. All GB(A) games have a few slots for saving your data. There is no memory card.

Posted by karn

so GBA games don't have any battery cartriges in them so they won't ever ware out?

Posted by Boner

Quoting Angelwing: ...What do you mean? That battery life depends on a few factors, such as if you have the light on or not, if you are using the speaker (for music) and how high it is, and if you tend to switch the handheld on and off often. All GB(A) games have a few slots for saving your data. There is no memory card.

I was speaking of the battery in the actual game cartridge itself. Pretty much any game cart that allows you to save a game has a battery inside.

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

I actually just got rid of the second one, and once I did I kinda kicked myself in the rear for doing so. Its a great game! The only thing that kinda ticked me off is that when you get to the other half of the map it doesnt tell you where you have to go, thus making me wander about for almost 10 hours trying to find where I had to be. >.<

I have yet to play the first one, but from what Ive heard, its quite good.

Like Karn said before, There probably wont be a thrid one but I would still like to see them both turned full 3D and put on to Nintendos next gen system.

Posted by Riku

these games probabley ranked in my top 5 favorites. they are both incredible games. the graphics, the sound, the techs, the classes, the djinni, every thing about the games kick butt. i kinda killed the game by leveling all my guys up to lv. 60 doing all the sidequests(including dullahan) all the summons so pretty much everything. my favorite charectars are alex and isaac. alex is calm and collected and controls water my fav. element. and isaac is just plain cool. anyways just enjoy the game and have fun

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Angelwing: I've just started playing the first Golden Sun, and I can already tell that I'm really going to like it. The storyline is interesting enough, and the music is decent, the world map and battle theme being my favourites, so far. I love the psynergy, and how you are able to use it on the field. Ivan's mind reading spell is neat, and fun to play with, and the move ability is nicely incorporated. So far, the only thing I dislike about the game is the amount of battles you encounter every few seconds. It's a little absurd. But otherwise, I really love the game. Now, does the second one live up to it? How would you compare them?

The second one gets off to a slow start, but once you get into it, the game gets quite exciting. I wont spoi anything publicly, but here is a teaser:

[spoiler]You get to use 2 partys, bringing your amount of playable char's to 8[/spoiler]

I would encourage you to get it after to beat the first one simply because you need to see the end of the series, which I still believe has not happened yet. I am holding out on a third installment.

Actually, I own The Lost Age, as well. I'm certainly enjoying the first, and plan on playing the second soon afterwards.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

You won't be disappointed, Angelwing. It gets good in the second game. Though some of the dialogue scenes are indeed much longer than in the first, it's worth it to read every word of it. As said earlier, you should get every Djinn in the first game, just so you can get the best goodies in the second.

Though the battle music is different in the second game (I preferred the first, actually.), and my favorite piece, Vale's music, is gone from the tracks, the rest of the music lives up to the grade of the first. A word of caution, though; no matter how cocky you are, and now matter how quick you want to get through the game, level up until you hit 40ish before you finish the first game. If you don't... well, you'll see. ^.^ It really helps.

(Ha! I did it! You have no idea how hard it is to summarize a game you've beaten 5 times and not give away spoilers. :3)

Heheh, thanks for the advice. I'll try and level up as best I can.

Posted by Tails

Wow, a Golden Sun thread! Hey, I've got some info... they are planning to have a Golden Sun 3!!! TRUE! The story line behind this game is that Alex somehow surrvived Mt. Alphe (I can't spell) and now he wants his revenge on Felix, Issac, The Wise One, and I think pretty much the whole world! I'm checking it out now to see when it will be released in the US.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Beware of the password feature. It takes and INCREIBLY long time to input it and to get it right.

Posted by Dark

I've managed to get it to work, but that was from my actual game to a Lost Age ROM... All my characters in Golden Sun were level 50 before I beat the game.

Posted by Apathetic

Ahahhahahah, still need to beat the second one :(
Great game though.

Posted by Ronin

how much space does a GBA emu. take up by the way? I'm thinking about getting one for golden sun cause i never really beat the first one.

Posted by Tails

Golden Sun websites here if you want.
[url]www.planetnintendo.com/goldensun[/url]
[url]www.gameboy.com/goldensun[/url]
I heart these sites!

Posted by earthadept_isaac

I beat GS2, if you have any questions, IM me earthadept_isaac(yahoo) morrow243(aim)

Posted by Acheron

Quoting Tails: Hey, I've got some info... they are planning to have a Golden Sun 3!!! TRUE! The story line behind this game is that Alex somehow surrvived Mt. Alphe (I can't spell) and now he wants his revenge on Felix, Issac, The Wise One, and I think pretty much the whole world!

Wroooooooooooooong.

That's just a rumor, the theory that every idiotic GS fan likes to say will be the premise of the next game. If it is, then I will be sorely dissapointed by such unimaginative tripe.