FSCKING AVATAR

Posted by maian

So you should basically go see this movie. Now. So I can discuss it like a giddy schoolgirl. GO NOW, GO GO GO

Posted by Kutlass

I am going to, but by no means because maian said I should.

Posted by GameMiestro

I would, but my house is surrounded by a mountain of white mush.

Posted by fnool

Saw, enjoyed. Definitely a milestone in terms of filmmaking technology. As a film it's pretty good, but as a technical achievement it's bloody breathtaking. 3D is no longer a gimmick.

Posted by Ant

Maybe it was cause I sat in the front ****ing row in an IMAX theater, but the textures were a bit blury still. Though this really is a theater going experience. During some of the scenes where the huge mechs were tromping through the forest my chair was ****ing shaking.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Linko on ZP: Let me put it another way: If this movie had been made into a book instead, it would be a ****ing laughing stock and nobody would want to read it.

1)The characters are mostly one-dimensional, with some of the main characters lucky enough to be two-dimensional.

2) Foregone conclusions are made without dialog in tandem with extremely convenient and mostly unexplained circumstances just to drag the story along uninterestingly for the entire exposition, all to get us into the second third of the movie, in which absolutely no development occurred whatsoever.

3) The stark and sparse dialog is really only a chance for the character to vomit out their direct feelings with zero tension or subtlety.

4) You are always aware of what the next turning point of the movie is going to be and you spend an hour or so waiting for it to finally happen.

5) Having spent two whole hours teaching the audience to empathize with the natives, the inevitable war sequence that might have actually been useful in creating some kind of experience from the viewer to see a vivid and almost gruesome massacre between two sides they have sympathy for, if in the process they hadn't cast humans as soulless, inhuman *******s, making it a completely plain and thematically pointless battle between good and evil.

HOWEVER

It was entertaining because it was a stunning display of a wild, exotic, mind-blowing world rendered with extremely detailed and amazing special effects, used expertly for thrilling action sequences of running through jungles, flying around floating islands, and a brutal battle between the planet natives and the humans. It would have been a BETTER movie if the writing wasn't such garbage, but it was such an incredible visual trip that it didn't really matter that badly. I'm not ****ing kidding, it is a really incredible visual movie, by far and away the pinnacle of movie magic to date.

So go ahead and go see it.

Sup guys.

Posted by Crazy K

Saw it yesterday, and loved it!