Bands that used to be good but now suck

Posted by Omni

I'm sure that everyone knows the feeling of buying a new album from a band that you thought could do no wrong, only to discover that they've decided that money is more important than art. List bands that were promising and original before they ultimately degraded into pathetic alternative rock, nu-metal or other gay stuff like that.

Judas Priest

Before:
[youtube=y60Mo_Nmydg]y60Mo_Nmydg[/youtube]

[youtube=EKSU1W0ZUmQ]EKSU1W0ZUmQ[/youtube]

Getting there:
[youtube=XWhInhE6emE]XWhInhE6emE[/youtube]

[youtube=sFWCKK7zrxw]sFWCKK7zrxw[/youtube]

After:
[youtube=DdwuxoSHsSo]DdwuxoSHsSo[/youtube]

[youtube=FY6-B3qVXrc]FY6-B3qVXrc[/youtube]

What really pisses me off is that almost everyone only knows music from the middle of their career onward, and has never heard anything from their first few albums. "Breaking the Law" and "You Got Another Thing Comin'" are pretty terrible, as were the albums they appeared on, but the later stuff is even worse. It really makes annoys me when bands just stop caring about making real music.

I only feel like naming one right now, but I'll post more later. Contribute if you can think of any bands that belong in this thread.

Posted by Phantasm

Dir en grey

Before Americanization:
[youtube=oL-Pyvbjbvo]oL-Pyvbjbvo[/youtube]

After Americanization:
[youtube=WfiGK1nWUig]WfiGK1nWUig[/youtube]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

METALLICA

Posted by Omni

Metallica used to be pretty good, but they're still probably the most overrated metal band ever along with Iron Maiden. I figured that it was only a matter of time until someone posted about them.

Posted by Richaod

I don't think any artist I like has ever put out an album with zero redeeming qualities. But stopped making music interesting enough for me to care about? Yeah. Though a lot of my absolute favourites have had admittedly inconsistent 2000s.

With that said, though, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mining the exact same sound for 15 years, then reheating the leftover turds and extending them to 2 hours of filler on Stadium Arcadium... ugh. Most overrated band ever, IMO.

(oh, and strangely enough, Angel of Retribution is probably my favourite Priest album - though I like Sad Wings/Stained Class a lot... British Steel, not so much)

Posted by G-Sides

muse
system of a down
he is legend
fear before the march of flames (fear before, now)
the fall of troy (their new album was so bad it almost made me cry)
weezer

:(