Hey

Posted by Omni

I had this weird idea on my way home today. If I did an album of the week type of thing, either here or in the main music board, would anybody actually be interested and willing to check out the stuff that I put up? I would most likely pick fairly accessible stuff that I have lying around, so there would be a big variety of music and it would all be stuff that almost anyone could at least tolerate listening to at least once and possibly come to enjoy very much.

I'd probably include some type of review summary for each album and I'd like to see a bit of discussion on them as well, since the regular upload thread is good for requests, multiple uploads and brand new stuff but it doesn't really generate any type of discussion beyond "hey thanks for the upload yo" and the like.

Posted by Ant

so basically a "book club" sort of thing? I'd be down.

question. would you be the only one who'd do the uploading? or would it switch around?

Posted by Omni

I don't really care as long as nobody who participates uploads totally gay shit and gets all faggy when nobody likes it. It would have to be albums that a lot of people could actually like.

Posted by Corrupt

sounds like a good idea and i think you should definitely try it out. i'm not sure how actively i'd participate, but i always like uploading stuff for people so i'm sure i'd contribute at least semi-regularly.

Posted by Shin-Ra

There's a last.fm group that me and vamp are part of, and they do an album of the week thread every week with 3 different people uploading stuff. It's a really fantastic idea and it's very successful there and I think if even only one person a week uploads over here, it'll still be a great idea.

Posted by coromoro

I like this idea. :o I'd surely listen to and try my best at participating in the discussion of some cool albums you upload Omni. :cool:

In other words, I'm DOWN.

Posted by Omni

Haha, five people actually isn't bad to start this type of thing. I guess that I'll upload something next Sunday with a brief review included and then we'll talk about it once everybody has gave it a few spins. It should be fun to at least give it a shot. If anyone else wants to participate, they can just post about it or share their thoughts after they listen as long as they don't plan on being a faggot.

Posted by Slade

I think this sounds cool so I'll definitely participate. I'll even dress up for the occasion. EXPECT A NEW AVATAR/PROFILE SOON

Posted by Corrupt

i'm already ready with mine, what's taking you so long??

Posted by Omni

Dude, your sig is hilarious.

Posted by Corrupt

thank you :cool: that's basically what i thought of it too