Metroid Other M trailer

Posted by GameMiestro

Kinda old now, but I figured since there isn't much else going on in the future of the Metroid series it's worth talking about.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxeCHpp08E]The trailer from E3 09.[/url]

Points of interest:

Adam Malkovitch!

[U]"Remember me?" No, I really don't![/u]

Young Samus!

Other mysterious blonde chick!

Mother Brain blows up the Metroid!

Although Team Ninja has broken countless traditional Metroid rules in this trailer alone (having Samus talk, showing her real face before the end of the game, delving deeply into her past), they seem to understand the spirit of the classics so I think it will be worth keeping up to date with.

Posted by Stalolin

Does talking in text count? She did that a lot in Fusion, so we do have some idea of what she'd say.

Posted by Ant

Be nice to hear some info about this before the next E3. Still, gonna be badass.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Stalolin: Does talking in text count? She did that a lot in Fusion, so we do have some idea of what she'd say.

Well yeah, we saw her text in Zero Mission and several of the earlier comics as well. But up until this point she could have had any large variety of female voice actors do her dialog, now the options are quite limited. I guess she isn't much of a silent/mysterious protagonist anymore.

Posted by Omni

The preview looks badass. I'll definitely be playing this.

Posted by GameMiestro

Anyone notice that inside look of the Arm Cannon? I think this is the first time we've had any adequate look at the working mechanics of this weapon. There seems to be a circular array of energy coils causing an explosive heat reaction in the center. Reminds me a bit of [url=http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/fusion-reactor-7.jpg]this diagram of a fusion reaction[/url], but I'm assuming that most of it is just science fiction.

It still doesn't explain how she shoots missiles out of the gun or how she climbs ladders. :-P