Nobody talking about Spirit Tracks?

Posted by GameMiestro

It's a **** good game in my opinion, at least as good as Phantom Hourglass. All the traditional Zelda elements are there as well as some new ones that really integrate the microphone well. Good story, plenty to do, plenty of puzzles and tricky enemies. It's also definitely one of the more difficult games. I gave up against the second main boss simply because his last stage kept killing me faster than I could boomerang the fire/ice spots. Maybe I should just get a walkthrough.

Someone else here has played it, right?

Posted by Stalolin

I still have yet to finish Phantom Hourglass, but I plan on getting this at some point. I don't mind the handheld Zelda games, and I've had plenty of fun with them in the past, but I'm still waiting on more announcements for the Wii Zelda we're getting at some point.

Posted by GameMiestro

It's Nintendo, I'm sure they'll take their time. :-P

Posted by Zeta

I just beat the Snow Temple boss.

Game is okay so far.

Posted by Ant

I'll hopefully be getting this for Christmas. I heard it's better than PH in pretty much everyway.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Zeta: I just beat the Snow Temple boss.

Game is okay so far.

Just... okay? A Zelda game merely "okay" in a Nintendo board? Blasphemy! We should be groveling at it's stubby brown feet!

Seriously though, has anyone tried out the battle mode? I want to know if it's nearly as good as the Four Swords multiplayer.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I liked Phantom Hourglass a bit better, but Spirit Tracks is still a good time. Hilarious cut-scenes with Zelda in the beginning there.

I still wish there was an option to use conventional controls, and I think the train is a much more limiting mode of transportation than the boat was, even though there's a bit more to do on the rails than there was on the waves. Ah well.

Posted by maian

I've been playing it, and it's pretty good. I'm going into the snow area right now, so I haven't gotten too far. Zelda is my favorite game series of all time, though I've never really felt the same about the 2D/Portable iterations. I won't deny they're great fun, but they certainly don't compare to their console counterparts.

That being said, it is fun. It certainly has potential to be better than Phantom Hourglass. One thing I love in particular is the return of a full functioning instrument. Having a fully playable ocarina was one of my favorite parts of MM/OOT. The Wind Waker was dull and subpar, and the wolf howling in TP was an absolute joke that seemed to be in there for the sake of having some kind of musical presence. The flute is certainly a return to form, though Nintendo should've thought out the idea of somebody playing the game in a public space, or a place with a lot of noise in general. Playing the flute is impossible.

Posted by Slade

I'm past the snow boss and so far I'm enjoying it much more than I did PH. The instrument is fun to play and the train sections are fun too. I expected to be bored but I'm always blasting rocks or catching bunnies or racing to catch Beedle.

Posted by maian

Fun as these games are, I still can't help but feel there was a missed opportunity when it came to DS Zeldas. In my opinion, given that they had the technology to do a full 3D viewpoint and only rarely use it is a huge letdown, imagining what it could've been. While the games are fantastic and loads of fun, I can never help feeling that they could've been so much more. That, and I feel like Hyrule has no personality in PH/ST because every environment is an extremely bland setting with blocky boring scenery, as opposed to the breathtaking locations in Wind Waker.

I'm still waiting for the will-never-get-released-because-nintendo-doesn't-care DS remakes of OOT/MM. :( They flawlessly ported SM64, I don't see why they couldn't do the same with at least OOT (though I would much prefer MM), especially when the games would make obscene amounts of money. I can already think of a control scheme that would work, and the touchscreen would be perfect for, say, the item menu, saving the 500+ hours one spends in the N64 Zeldas equipping different items.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the music in this game ****ing rules, toon link lives forever

[youtube=VLVc7JdZsEc]VLVc7JdZsEc[/youtube]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

sometimes i just sit for a couple of minutes on the file select screen