vgchat.com is sold.

Posted by Jesse Smith

And the winner is... fnool.

Quoting fnool: You said you were willing to end the auction early if you were to get a good enough offer. I'm making an offer of $1700 US for the whole package—domain, database, license

You can talk about it here. Other thread be locked!!!!

Now, let's see who *really* ment it when they said they would support fnool. Put your money where your mouth is and send him a PM!!!! *hint*

Or, if you want less PayPal fees generated, here's my PayPal E-mail address...

@.com

If you don't see three images...your browsers/ad blocker is messed up.

I'll make a thread showing all the payments I get, and from who. (Include your username when you send it.)

As for a time table on the move, we're hoping to have it all done by Christmas.

Posted by Astanax

Quoting Jesse Smith:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnool View Post
Ah, so I take it that only public bids in this thread will be accepted, then? Excellent.
Bingo. If I got a PM bid, I would tell the person to post it here.

Well Fnool did give a PM bid, Jesse just failed to tell him to post it here, so Fnool wasn't breaking any rules. Jesse just ended the bid early at his discretion.

Posted by Max Mouse

I thought this auction supposed to last 5 days or something anyway...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Max Mouse: I thought this auction supposed to last 5 days or something anyway...

You obviously didn't even read all of da first post!!!

Posted by Corrupt

i am definitely still donating the $50 greenbacks that i initially said i would! congratulations, jack! i think we're all pretty excited to see what you're gonna do with this place. just take your time and know that you've always got our support. :cool:

Posted by Max Mouse

Jesse are you like still gonna be around here?....

Posted by fnool

I'll pay my share in the next day or two, Jesse.

In the meantime, I had set up a donation account on Paypal with the intent of collecting contributions and then paying the remaining amount with those funds. However, I trust that Jesse will take donations from people who send him money directly and lower the total remaining cost appropriately.

Please provide suggestions in this thread!

Posted by netman

As a lifelong fnool supporter, I support this and will now return to VGC fulltime.

Posted by Stalolin

At most I've got about $25 I can donate, if it's helpful at all let me know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this is enough for me to come back to vgc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

even with no vamp

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Max Mouse: Jesse are you like still gonna be around here?....

I'm not sure. er, you know that I'm a major wacko and obviously no one would miss me!!!! 90% of da members would be so glad to see me gone!!!! No more wacko driving every one insane. Insanity be gone!!! Once the site is all moved over, and I got all my cash, every one would be very glad to get rid of me!!!

Heck, even on most forums I've registered at, I haven't been that active on, with the exception of one webmaster forums, all thanks to one four and a half year old thread that now has 1,789 posts and is still active...that's all about my virginity!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

er, you should be glad to get rid of me. After all, what do I always call you??!! Da King of da n00bies!!!!!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

jesse reveals himself as the money-grabbing hack that he really is

Posted by scylla

You don't mean this thread by chance do you?
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=22970

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you never cared about us did you

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

jack are you gonna keep the color scheme

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: jesse reveals himself as the money-grabbing hack that he really is

n00bie, read it again.

Quoting Jesse Smith: Once the site is all moved over, and I got all my cash, every one would be very glad to get rid of me!!!

90% of you guys wanting me gone does not make me a money-grabbing hack! I'm a wacko, there for every one wants me gone!!! :D

Now, some one get Real One Bjarnie back....

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

jesse i have more posts than you

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Jesse Smith: n00bie, read it again.

90% of you guys wanting me gone does not make me a money-grabbing hack! I'm a wacko, there for every one wants me gone!!! :D

Now, some one get Real One Bjarnie back....

Nah, Jesse. You should stick around. We like you even though you're a wacko.

Posted by netman

10 years ago, exactly, jesse was just beginning his crazy "THE Y2K BUG IS GOING TO KILL US ALL PHASE"

Ten years later hes still alive and selling his site.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but its pretty cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

personally i attribute this to when me and vamp stopped posting

Posted by Jesse Smith

Remember Pokemonyx??!! Try to get him back, and any one else that I drove crazy!!!

Posted by Omni

Jesse, my PayPal account is dueilangoisseus @at@ live .dot. com. Expect a payment when I get home as I'm typing this from my mobile phone.

Posted by Omni

Oh, and this means that I get to ban scylla.

Posted by fnool

Quoting Omni: Jesse, my PayPal account is dueilangoisseus @at@ live .dot. com. Expect a payment when I get home as I'm typing this from my mobile phone.

You are a dude of most veracious excellence.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/KLMDP.jpg[/IMG]

I have a few ideas of ways to thank donators. All will be revealed in time!

Posted by Omni

Haha, I banned that fag. I love mobile web browsing.

Posted by Crazy K

Congrats Klarth!

Posted by Ant

I'm waiting for my funds to be added to my paypal account. should have that in the next 3-5 days.

Posted by fnool

Jesse, could you update your opening post with a tally of the amount people have paid (and the amount remaining) once I've sent you my share of the money? It'd make organising this initiative easier.

Quoting Ant: I'm waiting for my funds to be added to my paypal account. should have that in the next 3-5 days.

You are a true bro. What's the word from Judge and co? Haven't seen hide nor hair of the Simi Valley Crew

Posted by junior senior

wait so if i donate i get to be a super moderator

Posted by Corrupt

yeah i just began the transfer of funds into my paypal account as well, so i'm in the same boat as ant. a very... cozy boat if i do say so

Posted by Ant

[QUOTE=fnool;954351]You are a true bro. What's the word from Judge and co? Haven't seen hide nor hair of the Simi Valley Crew

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=junior senior;954354]wait so if i donate i get to be a super moderator

it would not work like that

Posted by Colonel

This is the most exciting thing to happen to VGC since......Brawl tourny....?

Posted by Max Mouse

Ouch was banning Scylla really necessary? :/

Posted by Xenos

Six years since I registered for VGC.

I am back!

Posted by Kamek

I really hope you don't leave Jesse. You still are a staple of the community, even if you're not the owner of VGC anymore.

I feel pretty excited about this, even though I post so rarely these days. Maybe with a new influx of members a few aesthetic changes and what ever other new ideas people have, this place could be, dare I say, fun again?!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting fnool: Jesse, could you update your opening post with a tally of the amount people have paid (and the amount remaining) once I've sent you my share of the money? It'd make organising this initiative easier.

When donations start showing up, I'll make a thread listing them and update it as I get them. I'll next be here Monday about 9:30 AM PST.

Posted by Linko_16

Man, shows how far I've fallen on VGC that I'm just now seeing this.

End of an era, Jesse. There were good times, there were stupid times, but... they sure were... times.

I am definitely glad to hear that when mod polls are finished, we now have an admin that will actually go through with them.

EDIT - Please keep the color scheme. :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: I am definitely glad to hear that when mod polls are finished, we now have an admin that will actually go through with them.

You can create a new layout and keep the old!! Odds are that's what'll happen!

Quoting Linko_16: I am definitely glad to hear that when mod polls are finished, we now have an admin that will actually go through with them.

er, I always went through with them!!! :D I was just a tinny bit lazy!!!! :D:D:D:D

er...rumor has it, April Fools Day insanity is going by-by!!!! :(

Posted by Omni

Quoting Max Mouse: Ouch was banning Scylla really necessary? :/

He stated that he intended to ban members of the site if he won, and he also made threats in private messages. He deserved it.

Posted by maian

Congratulations, Klarth. I really hate that I don't have anything to donate to the cause, especially since I was rooting for you so much. =/

But this is awesome. I can't say I ever really hated Jesse Smith, we all love that wacko. We just hated him as an administrator. :) I did, anyway. I would love for Jesse to stick around, at least here and there, as a regular member. I sincerely hope I'll enjoy coming to VGC again. It already makes me really happy seeing the influx of returning members.

Posted by Omni

Jesse, I'd really like it if you occasionally posted, especially if you continued to post like a wacko.

I also support us doing something funny on April 1st, even if it isn't as drastic as Jesse's forum makeovers.

Posted by Stalolin

wordfilter e to

Posted by Omni

Jesse, I sent you a payment of $100. That was the amount that I agreed on with fnool, though I may kick in more later if I absolutely have to. However, I expect everyone who agreed to help to actually do so, so I'll probably get off easy as far as that goes. My PayPal info is in a previous post, so you should have an easy time recognizing my payment, though I doubt you have many $100 transfers coming to you today to confuse it with.

According to PayPal, there was no fee for the transfer. Typically, they don't start charging fees unless you receive money on a regular basis, which most people don't do unless they sell things on eBay to earn a living.

Anyway, I'm probably the first person to pay my share. I figure it'll take a few days for the others to work everything out. I sent mine directly because I figured it would create less hassle for fnool and clear faster.

Posted by Lord of Spam

****, great timing *******s. i just now saw this. ill kick in some money (probably a hundred or so) when i can if its needed but chances are i wont have a chance to do that until like after christmas

Posted by Slade

YES!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

paypal funds bein transferred just now

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

apparently it's going to take a full week?! aaah **** is that enough time

Posted by fnool

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: apparently it's going to take a full week?! aaah **** is that enough time

Yeah—although I'll be sending part of my contribution in the next few days, I told Jesse that it could take until around the seventeenth for me to deliver the full amount of my payment and he seemed alright with that. There's no rush.

[quote=Linko_16]I am definitely glad to hear that when mod polls are finished, we now have an admin that will actually go through with them.
Another way you could look at it: We'll have a site that won't need an unreasonably large number of staff members.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

alright, money is bein transferred

Posted by fnool

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: alright, money is bein transferred

What a piece of work is BLUNTMASTER X! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel!

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'll throw in my share after I get paid on Friday. I'm glad this turned out as well as it did. Klarth, you should make a thread of your suggestions as well as member ideas on what all should be changed - unless you've already done so.

Posted by Rio Linda de Janeiro

:dance:

Posted by #061402

What happen.

Posted by Speedfreak

>implying Jesse was the reason you all stopped caring about VGC

Posted by fnool

Quoting Speedfreak: >implying Jesse was the reason you all stopped caring about VGC

That is, by proxy, exactly the reason.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Speedfreak: >implying Jesse was the reason you all stopped caring about VGC

>implying implications

I think vgc is far more exciting when stuff like this happens and I for sure start posting more. Like when Jesse moved everything over to a newer version of vb and it deleted all previous posts, that was a great time for posting. Then again, rose colored lenses and such.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this is sort of like the russian revolution in a way

Posted by 007 ninja

i just heard jesse smith's car hit a fire hydrant while he was pulling out of his miami house.

hope you're OK jesse :(

Posted by Speedfreak

The site will be better, sure, but the reason we stopped coming was because we were all terribly bored with eachother.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;954461]The site will be better, sure, but the reason we stopped coming was because we were all terribly bored with eachother.i cant wait to fight you again

Posted by fnool

Quoting Speedfreak: The site will be better, sure, but the reason we stopped coming was because we were all terribly bored with eachother.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/qRK1J.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Colonel

Re-Uniteee!

Posted by Linko_16

I want to apologize for not being about to kick up any cash. Right now I'm kind of worrying about making it through Christmas.

EDIT - You know the funny thing is that just before he was banned Scylla said that mods had been hassling him and asked me for help and I mostly just ignored him because I figured no mod would really bother to do that and he was just exaggerating or something.

Posted by s0ul

Hey guys, I'm here too!

Posted by coromoro

Wow, this is so great! I was so happy when I saw that 's0ul' had posted. :dance:

Good to see you, man.

Posted by 007 ninja

wow, it's like a high school reunion.

Posted by Astanax

Quoting Omni: He stated that he intended to ban members of the site if he won, and he also made threats in private messages. He deserved it.

After it was all over with, he told me that it wasn't him doing all the threats, that it was supermods doing all the threats for him, "framing him".

Posted by Astanax

Quoting Rio Linda de Janeiro: :dance:

Crap, NOW it loads :dance: All I saw in big font was an ad. One post since 2004 however...well, sorry for disagreeing with the dance. I was just disagreeing with the posting of an ad which was all I saw as the message at the time (didn't see the :dance:), thinking a spam bot was posting just links in a message board again.

Posted by Slade

Quoting s0ul: Hey guys, I'm here too!

It's been too long, man. My heart whimpers when I remember good times on XBL and how they're only one hard Comcast line at $500/ft away...

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Linko_16;954472][COLOR=indigo]I want to apologize for not being about to kick up any cash. Right now I'm kind of worrying about making it through Christmas.

EDIT - You know the funny thing is that just before he was banned Scylla said that mods had been hassling him and asked me for help and I mostly just ignored him because I figured no mod would really bother to do that and he was just exaggerating or something.
[/COLOR]
same, right now at least, what's the latest we can donate?

Posted by Fate

I won't believe it until **** changes around here.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yes klarth is definitely scamming people

Posted by Fate

wouldnt be the first time

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yes, he is totally okay with taking substantial amounts of money from people he's known for 6 years

you're dumb as ****

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=BLUNTMASTER X;954463]i cant wait to fight you again

Me neither. Honest to ***, man, the standard on the forums my fellow students use is so ****poor.

Posted by Speedfreak

Can we take off these ****ty filters now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting maian: we all love that wacko.

Ummmm....don't I drive you guys insane??!!!

Quoting Omni: Jesse, I'd really like it if you occasionally posted, especially if you continued to post like a wacko.

er...aren't I annoying!!!!! I should be!! :D

Quoting Omni: According to PayPal, there was no fee for the transfer. Typically, they don't start charging fees unless you receive money on a regular basis, which most people don't do unless they sell things on eBay to earn a living.

Oh there was! Which is exactly why the less people that it goes through the better.

Amount received: $100.00 USD
Fee amount: -$3.20 USD
Net amount: $96.80 USD

It would be about 6.4% if it went to Klarth and then me!!

Posted by fnool

Quoting Fate: wouldnt be the first time

pretty sure it would, babe

Posted by FFountain

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: yes klarth is definitely scamming people

How is the con man scamming you fantastic people here ?

Posted by fnool

Also, regarding Jesse's comment about transaction fees, I did set a Paypal account up specifically for donations, but I realised that their margins would significantly eat into the total and gave up on that idea (hence Omni donating to Jesse directly). I'll (hopefully) be able to cover everything lost through Paypal's cut of the donations later on.

I mean, come on, Fate; I'd like to know how exactly you could even consider I'm up to nefarious doings here considering I'm not going to have any contact whatsoever with any of the donations. They're all going directly to Jesse. Really now.

Posted by S

Congrats Klarth. Interested in seeing the changes that are going to happen.

Sorry to see you de-admined Jesse. Stick around though, it won't be VGC without you reigning the Wacko University.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=fnool;954587]Really now.no use attempting to appeal to a woman's sense of logic

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

especially when it's fate

Posted by fnool

Quoting cool gamer dad: same, right now at least, what's the latest we can donate?

I told Jesse that I should be able to pay the full amount of my contribution by the seventeenth. If we're still short by then, I hope I'll be able to negotiate with him.

Emboldening and embiggening the next bit for emphasis:

Over the past few days, I've had far more people than I expected offer to chip in—on the forums, through private messages and over instant messengers—and with the figures I've been looking at, we're definitely getting closer to the total. Huge thank-you to everyone who's spoken up so far; you guys are jawsome.

Posted by ExoXile

If all goes right with PayPal, expect $40 from me within 2-3 days.

Posted by Speedfreak

>Fate accusing other people of being untrustworthy.

Posted by radical

CONGLATURATION !!!

Posted by fnool

THANK !!!

Posted by Omni

Klath, stop scamming VGC by donating a large sum of your own money in addition to other people willingly choosing to donate. You are a bad person.

Posted by Stalolin

he is going to ban everyone and post on the forum by himself

it is such a grand and devious plan

Posted by fnool

Why hello fnool how are you doing today

Posted by fnool

****ING TERRIBLY, **** YOU

Posted by Max Mouse

Quoting fnool: Why hello fnool how are you doing today

And Jessie thinks I'm on crack.

Posted by Kutlass

All right, I don't even have a paypal account and never used one before, so I don't yet know what setting one up or transferring a payment entails, or if there's a fee for creating an account. Also, I'll want to wait toward the end of this week at least for a couple of my paychecks to come in, but it's good to see there's still time.

=edit= apparently i already have a paypal account. i must have registered ages ago and don't remember using it at all.

Posted by Sauron

Why did/are you doing it, Jesse? is it for the girl who's constantly changing her mind?

I am sad face that you seem to want to leave, even after members have asked you to continue to post.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sauron: I am sad.

Um, if you're sad, why did you leave in da first place!!! :D

Posted by ExoXile

Sent Jesse $35.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Sticky threads been updated.

Posted by Fate

I don't go around monitoring people's finances around here and Jesse has "sold" the site before, so it's not that crazy to throw a comment about the possibility of it not being true. I don't come here often enough to see it's actually going to happen. Just made a comment, don't put all your collective brainpower into figuring it out. The comment was mostly a jab at the idea that no matter who the admin is, unless things change then who gives a **** who the admin is.

Posted by Fate

Seriously though, I wasn't making a joke on Klarth's character. Entirely impersonal offhand comment.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/backpedal.gif[/IMG] <- fate

Posted by ExoXile

Fate can do that?

Posted by Stalolin

yea

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

exoxile i forgot how ****ing retarded you are

Posted by ExoXile

How curious, because I never forgot what a dick you are. :)

Posted by G-Sides

zing!

Posted by fnool

hey hey hey hey hey put the animosity aside for a minute guys

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Fate: I don't go around monitoring people's finances around here and Jesse has "sold" the site before, so it's not that crazy to throw a comment about the possibility of it not being true.

Did you look at da calendar during da one time I 'sold' it before??!!! Breaking news: It was April. Do you know what April is??!!! *Hint* What's da first day of April??*hint* :D:D:D:D

That's da day da wacko get's hyper!!! :D:D:D

Posted by O.T.L

lmao

Posted by Sauron

Quoting Jesse Smith: Um, if you're sad, why did you leave in da first place!!! :D

you completely dodged the girl question. you're throwing away your life's work for somebody who is like the river?

oh and I am the Real Bjarni - goo goo g'joob

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Sauron;954867]for somebody who is like the river?
Cool and awesome, you mean?

Posted by Fate

If I recall correctly, Jesse, you openly spoke with Hyper before about selling the site. I thought you made him an admin once, but I'm not sure about that. Pretty sure it wasn't April either.

Posted by Corrupt

from what i recall, that was part of the same april fool's day joke that made raptor and i supermods back in... i think 2005. wow, sudden resurgence of memories

Posted by Panic!

And the most useless investment of the year goes to... fnool!

Congrats man! You're the winner!

Posted by Omni

If this site is so useless, why did you cry about it on Xanga and keep trying to come back after you got banned?

Posted by Panic!

That was a long time ago, dude. I've grown up a lot since then although I am still not 100% sure why I still come here.

Posted by Corrupt

probably because even though you know that no one really likes you, you're acknowledged here regardless. or it could be just because of the first thing, whatever

Posted by fnool

[quote]I've grown up a lot
[IMG]http://imgur.com/kCWkc.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Panic!: And the most useless investment of the year goes to... fnool!

Congrats man! You're the winner!

Are you kidding? VGC has ****loads of people come to the site because of it's amazing URL and placement in Google. They just get to the site and see a piece of ****, get confused and leave.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Panic!;954899]I've grown up a lot since then

[SIZE=5] [quote=Panic!;954899][SIZE=4]I[/SIZE][SIZE=4]'ve grown up a lot since then[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7] [quote=Panic!;954899][SIZE=6]I've grown a lot since then[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=Red][quote=Panic!;954899][SIZE=7]I've grown a lot[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]Oh.
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by Astanax

[QUOTE=Panic!]
[SIZE=5]I've grown a lot of weed[/SIZE]
Just playing =)

Poop, my message went to page 7 instead of page 6 where I wanted it.

Posted by D-21

Well, I'm new to this site, but I would like to greet the new owner and say that I'm a regular on the Poke chat along with many others, and just to say hello and hope to meet you on the chat sometime.

Posted by maian

Quoting Astanax: Just playing =)

Poop, my message went to page 7 instead of page 6 where I wanted it.

so I feel like I need to ask who you are because I feel like I know but can't put my finger on it :o

it's your title, but I CAN'T REMEMBER RAGH

Posted by fnool

Quoting D-21: Well, I'm new to this site, but I would like to greet the new owner and say that I'm a regular on the Poke chat along with many others, and just to say hello and hope to meet you on the chat sometime.

Not likely

Posted by D-21

I'll try my best to be on here, and attempt to fit in with these people whom I don't know...

Posted by Linko_16

I had it pegged for Jesse's yearly April Fool's Day joke too, until actual money started being handled.

Posted by Astanax

Quoting maian: so I feel like I need to ask who you are because I feel like I know but can't put my finger on it :o

it's your title, but I CAN'T REMEMBER RAGH

Astanax, old World of Nintendo chatter,

Posted by fnool

Quoting Linko_16: I had it pegged for Jesse's yearly April Fool's Day joke too, until actual money started being handled.

I can assure you that this is most certainly the real deal.

Posted by Astanax

Alright, now for my signature to get fodder from Drax and his gang.

And my picture isn't showing up. Maybe it needs approving first.

Posted by Stalolin

The chats seem to have a good userbase, from what I've seen/heard. Are those staying/being remodeled?

Posted by fnool

They'll remain completely intact for the time being. The only change I'm making at first will be to the advertising present on them.

Posted by Astanax

Quoting fnool: They'll remain completely intact for the time being. The only change I'm making at first will be to the advertising present on them.

I was just wondering that myself today. The advertising I get everytime is "Win a Free Nintendo DS!" However, it doesn't say DS Lite, or DSi, which leads me to believe that the banner has been there since the original Nintendo DS.

And still my signature picture will not show. I feel like such a newbie for not knowing how to get it to work.

Copyright 2004, holy crap, no wonder!

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Astanax: I was just wondering that myself today. The advertising I get everytime is "Win a Free Nintendo DS!" However, it doesn't say DS Lite, or DSi, which leads me to believe that the banner has been there since the original Nintendo DS.

And still my signature picture will not show. I feel like such a newbie for not knowing how to get it to work.

Copyright 2004, holy crap, no wonder!

Idk how to work that either. xP

I always try and give up after like 5 minutes. :P

Posted by Astanax

Quoting O.T.L: Idk how to work that either. xP

I always try and give up after like 5 minutes. :P

O.T.L., if it's the signature picture, you put in [noparse][sigpic]any words you want[/sigpic][/noparse] in the signature box.

Posted by Astanax

Like if you hover over my signature picture, you'll see a box of text. Of course, you don't have to type in anything and it should still work.

Posted by Astanax

Like if you hover over my signature picture, you'll see a box of text. Of course, you don't have to type in anything and it should still work.

Posted by Astanax

Now why my signature space must keep disappearing is beyond me.....

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Astanax;954983]Now why my signature space must keep disappearing is beyond me.....

Signatures don't appear after every post on the board. Jesse put that feature in about a year or two ago, I believe.

Posted by Astanax

Thanks for the help. That never dawned on me. Makes sense to keep the bandwidth down.

Posted by G-Sides

one of the few sensible things jesse did ~_~

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sauron: you're throwing away your life's work for somebody who is like the river?

Any one who calls this forum some ones life's work is on crack!!! :D:D:D

Quoting Fate: If I recall correctly, Jesse, you openly spoke with Hyper before about selling the site. I thought you made him an admin once, but I'm not sure about that. Pretty sure it wasn't April either.

You obviously have a *very* bad memory!!!! I did make him an admin once. Now, do you remember what month that was?? *hint* What month of da year do I love to go hyper??!!! Rumor has it, if I'm not late, it occurs on da first day of that month...unless some one makes a thread about it!!! *cough*pink*cough*

Quoting maian: so I feel like I need to ask who you are because I feel like I know but can't put my finger on it :o

He's been here longer than you have!!! :D

Quoting G-Sides: one of the few sensible things jesse did ~_~

And when I did that, you guys all cried and balled about it! :rolleyes: :D:D:D

Posted by Sauron

Quoting Jesse Smith: Any one who calls this forum some ones life's work is on crack!!! :D:D:D

Well, you're the one who's been on this site constantly for a decade, so I'd call the guy spending some of his best years mantaining it the one on crack. :p:

Posted by D-21

I think I'm just going to posting random comments for awhile, until I get a hold of the flow of this, even though I see that it's still very much active, which I find is good.

Posted by junior senior

who is going to be moderators

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting junior senior: who is going to be moderators

Not you! :D

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=junior senior;955042]who is going to be moderators

they are the only team moderate enough for the job because one is left and one is right so they are moderate right

Posted by Max Mouse

OMG anybody but Senior....

Posted by fnool

The first part of my payment will be going through tomorrow evening (around 10PM GMT, most likely) to the tune of $300. Will you be free to start the transfer this weekend, Jesse?

Posted by Supermario

I am a bit suprised by this. A new owner is actually taking over vgchat! I would have thought that a Dexter & Jesse Smith merge would go through. I have not been around that much but the way fnool is posting, he could bring this place to somewhere... fresh. (keep hope alive):p:

Anyway, Jesse says he is selling/sold it. I think he decided to sell the forum now because it is at a low point and he has "worked" on it for far too long. It is not as active as it once was. Are you really leaving because members don't like you as a wacko admin?:D:D:D

Posted by Sauron

Quoting Jesse Smith: Not you! :D

Hey, didn't you just sell your say in that matter?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting fnool: The first part of my payment will be going through tomorrow evening (around 10PM GMT, most likely) to the tune of $300. Will you be free to start the transfer this weekend, Jesse?

Next two days I'll be around in the evening, PST, then be on way more next Tuesday-Thursday. If you want, I can upgrade the forums to version 3.8.4.

Posted by Stalolin

i miss iris, vamp, and everyone else :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

vamp come back please

Posted by fnool

Quoting Stalolin: i miss iris, vamp, and everyone else :(

I pretty much lost touch with Iris ages ago. Not even sure if she's still using the same AIM handle or anything. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know about any of this.

Posted by Slade

Klarth, just letting you know I had a dream last night where you, me, and Jesse were running through a field trying to hide from this sniper who looked kind of Scottish and had a huge red beard. Not trying to instigate anything, really, BUT BE SURE YOU KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE IT'S NOT SAFE

In the dream I was some kind of secret service but all I could do to alert you to the sniper's position was run and scream.

Posted by fnool

I'll preemptively IP ban the entirety of Scotland. Thanks for the heads-up!

Posted by Astanax

Quoting Slade: Klarth, just letting you know I had a dream last night where you, me, and Jesse were running through a field trying to hide from this sniper who looked kind of Scottish and had a huge red beard. Not trying to instigate anything, really, BUT BE SURE YOU KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE IT'S NOT SAFE

In the dream I was some kind of secret service but all I could do to alert you to the sniper's position was run and scream.

I'm part Scottish *Gulp*

Posted by Astanax

Fnool, I sent $56 to Jesse. I told you it was going to be small unfortunately. I just hope every little bit helps.

Now to just wait for my bank to transfer the money to PayPal.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Little update.

Klarth has the vBulletin license and access to the rest of the files that aren't included in the vBulletin download, along with the Dragon Knight files and database, abvatars and pictures, arcade stuff, RPG Inferno stuff, and chat room stuff.

Oh, and the April Fools Day stuff. :D

Once he has everything uploaded on his web host, moving the forums database is next, then giving him the domain.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting fnool: I pretty much lost touch with Iris ages ago. Not even sure if she's still using the same AIM handle or anything. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know about any of this.

She's still around. Once in a blue moon she'll come on to her old AIM handle, I spoke to her last week. I think she's just been busy.

Posted by Max Mouse

Quoting Stalolin: i miss iris, vamp, and everyone else :(

I never liked Iris anyway...

Did you guys Demoded her because she was deleting random topics?

Posted by S

I talked to Iris last week too, actually. Told her a few people would appreciate it if she swung by, but she couldn't remember the password to her account and I think just gave up. She's alive and well though, just busy and not bothered with the internet anymore, like the rest of us, so hopelessly, are.

But yeah. She may drop in once ownership has transferred.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Max Mouse: I never liked Iris anyway...

er, you hardly like any one here!!! Heck, you hated my guts...until da site auction started!!!!! Then suddenly you wanted me to stay as admin!!!! :D:D:D

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Astanax

Jesse, the $56 took from my bank account to yours. Fnool, I hope you're watching!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Astanax: Jesse, the $56 took from my bank account to yours. Fnool, I hope you're watching!

Look at

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=34689

That's there they are being tracked. And you also got added at

http://www.vgchat.com/showgroups.php

Posted by Moronic

I vant to by forum

Posted by junior senior

ok

Posted by Ownerowaw

These are some...news man. I thought you were gonna have a site for RWE, hosted on Freedom Studios. All you had to do was send your name and a password to Beowulf to get it.

Still, the site design is awesome

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us!!" ~Michael Jackson

Posted by Astanax

I haven't seen any Scylla's puppet accounts since the sold sign. Did you guys ban all of them? Seems fishy to me that he just came in just to up the bid price then leave without even once trying to talk about how he could have done so much better. Of course, I am a suspicious guy...<.>

Posted by Ant

I've seen them lurking about. He even busted out his chec account.