Mediawiki addon

Posted by !(wacko1337)

I'm sure I've seen a wiki that jesse owns somewhere....:D

Here's an addon he should install
vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=213102

Quoted post: Overview:
This hack provides single sign-on capability for MediaWiki using your vBulletin users. You must ensure your cookie path in Admin CP is set to '/' for this to work. Also, I have not tested this if your wiki and your forums are on different subdomains - but as long as your have your cookie domain set properly it *should* work. This is not a user bridge - it is a complete single sign-on using your vBulletin user repository.

The install process has been extremely simplified in version 2.x of this product. You only have to edit LocalSettings.php, import a product, and change a setting in your Admin Control Panel. It's been completely packaged as a vBulletin product - unlike the previous hacked up version, heh. I didn't originally plan to release this so I designed it so it worked - not so it could be redistributed. I searched high and low for a functional MediaWiki bridge - almost bought NuHIT's product, and then realized it had been abandoned for over a year.

This hack no longer requires an edit to class_core.php.

I'll do my best to support it, but I can make no promises.

This thread is for discussion of this mod on vB 3.8.x. For vB 3.7.x, please use the MediaWiki/vBulletin Single Sign-On 3.7 thread

Demo of plugin in action: MyMMOGames - Multiplayer Gaming and Media Community

Also, if you use memcached - ensure you do not cache sessions. If you do, restart it at least once a week. If you don't, you'll end up with invalid session errors out of MediaWiki.

Requirements:
MediaWiki Version: 1.11.0-1.14.0
vBulletin Version: 3.6.9-3.8.2

Features:
- Provides single sign on capability between vBulletin and Mediawiki. vBulletin user repository is used
- Configurable sysop/bureaucrat groups
- Configurable disallowed user groups
- Configurable "Who's Online" display
- Counts users viewing wiki in vBulletin's "Who's Online"

Posted by ForNowImNothing

Alright. Who's the twat that jacked my name?