What year did you join??!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Post your year!

Now, did any one discover world-of-nintendo.com BEFORE da forums were created??!! aka 1996??!!

Posted by Shin-Ra

2003. I was bored on spring break and had never participated in a chatroom before because I never had a computer of my own. I searched "Final Fantasy Chat" and vgc was the first thing that showed up. Pretty lame, I know.

Posted by Panic!

I believe my very first account here was created in 2003.

Posted by O.T.L

Pokemon Diamond had wifi, and I googled for a pokemon chat.

Vgchat was the first thing on the list. :P

Posted by Omni

I lurked the old pre-vB boards a few times, but I didn't join until 2002. I left for a long time after the site got wiped. I came back a few years later, so I missed out on some hilarity and fun times, but I'm over it.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Panic!: I believe my very first account here was created in 2003.

I might have asked you this before, but what was your username back then? I don't remember you from back in those days, or are you one of those joined-but-didn't-post-much-till-[insert date]? :o

As for me, I joined back in late 2002 after searching (big surprise!) "Nintendo Chat" on Google. I was passionate about games but had no one to share this passion with. :( VGC sorta fulfilled my needs.

Posted by Richaod

2003... I think I was looking for the Samus Unmasked trophy in SSBM? Good times.

Posted by Panic!

[quote=coromoro;953185][COLOR=limegreen]I might have asked you this before, but what was your username back then? I don't remember you from back in those days, or are you one of those joined-but-didn't-post-much-till-[insert date]? :o

As for me, I joined back in late 2002 after searching (big surprise!) "Nintendo Chat" on Google. I was passionate about games but had no one to share this passion with. :( VGC sorta fulfilled my needs.
[/COLOR]

I always rack my brain over this and I think my first user name here was either Angel Groudon or +.+ GamePro +.+

Posted by junior senior

i remember gamepro

i found it may 2003 looking for pokemon red cheats and i joined july 2003 after getting sapphire

Posted by Linko_16

'02. I used to go to the ZeldaPower chatrooms, but then all of ZeldaPower went down that summer, so to fill the void I did a search for a "video game chat." Whoopie.

Posted by Max Mouse

2003 I was bored and I wanted to find a site that talks about videogames. I see that was a mistake...

Posted by Linko_16

Angst angst angst.

Posted by Kamek

I was here since 1996 when I typed nintendo into Yahoo search and this site came up. I remember every section and thinking Jesse Smith must be so cool. I tried refreshing my page so much to be the 1,000,000 hit. I really wanted a game for myself. I even emailed the webmaster about HTML and he replied "oh that's EASY etc etc etc". Jesse looked like Abe lincoln in those days, and I miss simpler times in life.

Posted by Corrupt

i said it before and i'll say it again, i am here at vgchat.com because of [url=http://imgur.com/B7Hfg.gif]this[/url]. i don't remember exactly what i googled to get it, but whatever i typed lead me here. a few days after joining (after making a handful of dumb posts and bumping old threads), a bunch of of them were deleted and since i had no idea what was going on i freaked out and decided to leave forever! only to come back about two weeks later or something, and then proceeded to post frequently in the war board even though i didn't know what the f*ck i was talking about. and then it just kinda unfolded from there i guess

Posted by Phantasm

I was looking for a Megaman chat and thus here I am.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I actually joined in 2003, when sabre and I frequented another forum and he referred me here. Good times at that place.

'dont worry. i'm not a mod. yet.'

edit: though i'm 80% sure i used to visit WoN on a semi-regular basis for Game Genie codes, if that counts. Sometime between '97-'99.

Posted by Degeneration

I joined the "world of Nintendo" chat years before I knew what a forum was. 2000, possibly

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Kamek: Jesse Smith must be so cool. I even emailed the webmaster about HTML and he replied "oh that's EASY etc etc etc". Jesse looked like Abe lincoln in those days, and I miss simpler times in life.

Bah!!! Back then I hadn't turned in to da King of da Wackos!! That didn't happen until December 1999 right before da Y2K bomb went off!!! Oh yah,

is very easy stuff, hince I said da HTML was easy!!! Heck, look at [url=http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/nes/final_fantasy_tips.shtml]this page[/url] and look at da HTML code where da tips are. THAT'S simple '90s HTML!!!! Now, look at da HTML of dis thread!!!! :eek: That's Greek HTML!!!!!

Quoting cool gamer dad: I actually joined in 2003, when sabre and I frequented another forum and he referred me here. Good times at that place.

though i'm 80% sure i used to visit WoN on a semi-regular basis for Game Genie codes, if that counts. Sometime between '97-'99.

You remind me of Phils Dad!

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Jesse Smith;953475]You remind me of Phils Dad!
i think about the only thing we have in common is that we smoke weed lol

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

2003. probably looking for final fantasy music.

Posted by Ant

looking for some sort of thing to chat about video games. LOOKS LIKE IT WORKED!!!

Posted by Ch

'04

I used to troll under some other moniker a year prior to joining.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Panic!: I always rack my brain over this and I think my first user name here was either Angel Groudon or +.+ GamePro +.+

O_O Oh really? I remember we used to talk alot back in those days. Good times.

So yeah, 2003, Pokemon, **** you Jesse for drawing me to this hole in the internet, actually not really. I met some cool people here. That was a small plus.

Posted by !(wacko1337)

Almost time for VB4.0, the beta is already out. But yeah I remember the www boards and all of the OOT "I found the triforce here", "you can revive aeris if you do this & that" "unlock luigi by getting 121 stars" stuff. Fun times.

Posted by Stalolin

did you end up finding the triforce

Posted by !(wacko1337)

Nah I didnt try to find it in OOT but it was fun reading people complain about not being able to find it or do the methods listed.